Global Pif Of Asa Maya- Mesmerzing Maya For Christmas 2016

subbucal

Very generous PIF thanx...love the clean lines of the Maya.

We're South African, our grandparents were born in India & we have extended families still staying in India. My wife just loves the Bollywood movies, although none of the very recent ones - she's more into the older actors like Kajol, Raani, Juhi, Maduri, Shahrukh, Amir & Amitaabh.

My wife's dream is to visit India & to see the Taj Mahal one day & to sample all your wonderful delicacies.

Sadiq

Edited by Sadiq

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpagan

• Arkanabar

• mhguda

• KKay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the generous PIF, Mr. Subramaniam,

I have read that Indian made fountain pens are of superb quality, and about India, the thing that strikes me the most is the strong spirituality and the brilliant indian people I have met.

If I were the lucky winner, it would be a pleasure to have such companion, witness how the nib would glide on paper and sheen the true reflection of my soul.

David

Edited by DavidHL

Thank you for the PIF contest, very generous from you.

Well I have never been to India, I have never had an indian pen and I have never had ebonite pen at all ... in fact I don´t know if I like them or not (but as soon as I try I think I will :)), but what I know two of my best friends are from India, unfortunately four year ago they moved from Europe to US (Boston) and those friends are the most warm-hearted people I know (now in US).

Architecture begins where engineering ends.
W. Gropius

I'd love to be included, thank you! I love my Indian fountain pens because the ones that I have are custom, handmade, and one of a kind. I love the aspect of uniqueness, knowing that I am holding the only one in existence of that thing.

Edited by phillieskjk

Nice, this seems like a very cool idea and I would love to see another Nakaya group order from FPN.

In terms of something to write about I think that out of all the modern pens, the Indian Ebonite fountain pens are the some of the best choices for fountain pens that doesnt nearly get the attention they deserve. The ability to use the pens as a c/c pen with a JoWo nib was ingenious, allowing for many nib changes, and filling options.

Ideally I would love see more of them posted and used simply because they are a joy to use.

Happy Holidays!

I would LOVE to win this pen. I've been contemplating a polished BHR pen from ASA for over a year. There is nobody from whom I would rather purchase such a pen. I've had one chance to briefly handle such a pen, and its light weight and the nonslip feel both impressed me, and I'd like to try one for a week or two.

I cannot imagine a pen more robust than an Indian eyedropper. The nib and feed are easily pulled and can be scrubbed with a toothbrush. They have wonderfully huge ink capacity.

One of the most beautiful and visually appealing films I've ever seen was Bride and Prejudice, an Americanized Bollywood film. I ought to search Netflix for more Bollywood, subtitled in English if at all possible. And I find that PCWeenies and Uncubed (webcomics by Krishna Sadisavam, son of Indian immigrants) are two of the most creative and just all-around cool webcomics I've encountered.

I like Indian Pens because the price is very affordable and there is a wide variety to choose from.

Thanks for the PIF.

A very lovely pen indeed. A generous Christmas gift.

Penmanship and the use the pens has always been part of India's illustrious tradition and the writers and poets from India. Companies still making pens by hand from traditional materials like ebonite in this age of industrial automation and 3D printing, is truly amazing.

Edited by rramesh

"Sitting and writing for an hour consumes only 50 calories, but the satisfaction is PRICELESS."

Thank you for this generous offer, the Maya surely looks very attractive and I'd like to participate.

I don't know many about Indian fountain pens but I do know that many of them are made of ebonite (a material that many praise), most of them are made to be eyedropped and are generally big in size.

What a nice PIF . We had the priveledge of going to India on a missions trip and while there it was extremely hot and this man who was poor bought my daughter a coconut for the water . I thought how humbling that this poor man spent his money on my daughter because he was concerned about her and the heat . It was very humbling . We saw the taj mahal and how beautiful it is . I hope we get a chance to go back . I would love to win this pen .

Very classy pen. Thanks for the opportunity to win it! As I am just getting into the hobby, I'm afraid I don't know much about Indian pens. Off the top of my head though, there are three things I love about India. Their music is great. Their art is beautiful, I especially like the architecture of old Indian temples. Three is the food!

This is a very generous PIF. Please kindly don't include my name, though. I'll be happy enough if someone else wins. I'd just also wish to add my thoughts:

Regarding India as a country, I have never been there, but I would love to visit some day.

I've had a teacher in school when I was young who was greatly in love with India. He would organize an exchange every year (to Pune I believe) and would also tell his classes all about his experiences with its culture, customs, peoples, etc. I applied to be sent on the exchange too, but alas, the teacher, in no kind terms, told me that he would not take me. He did not like me much. Yet, looking back now, I can see that it might have been his concern that I would have 'stuck out like a sore thumb' there. Lots of 'personality' on that one (<---) you know?

Anyway, one sees and hears so much about India, so that I would love to spend a generous amount of time there myself one day.

Oh, and, from my personal experience, every single Indian person I have met overseas has been very polite, attentive and open, and good to talk to.

I've had a number of Indian made fountain pens by now. And while not all of them had been perfect (the lower end ones) I have enjoyed them all. I recently gave one very nice specimen away as a gift (I only give away pens that offer an excellent writing experience)

In addition, 2 out of my 3 inked desk pens right now are Indian made.

I've also bought something from ASA before. That experience had been (sorry, but just) okay, but I would still order again, seeing that other people all vouch for its good service

Thank you for reading.

A very generous offer indeed.

I am fond of ebonite pens generally; they are light even when large and they have a warm feel. I recently purchased my first Indian pen, a Gama Kuyil from ASA. It is a great pen, matte black, large, comfortable in hand, and a smooth writer. I am impressed with the quality of the pen; great value. I've two more pens on order with the Ranga group buy so my Indian pen count is growing!

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

I love my Indian made pens because they are still made one at a time without costing me a month's housing rent, since I am on a fixed income yet enjoy nice things. Besides the great pens, there is a lovely little restaurant four blocks from where I live which serves fabulous food at a fair price.

Pens and food - life is good, even if I cannot travel :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

I'd like to enter this PIF. Honestly, I know very little about Indian fountain pens besides that they exist. I think I've looked at some sites selling them before, and they seemed to have a reasonable selection at reasonable prices. But I've never tried any myself. I'm not familiar with any of the brands or anything, so don't really have a good idea of what I might like to get. This would give me a chance to try my first Indian fountain pen. Thanks for the offer!

I am new to fountain pens and so I know nothing about Indian fountain pens. I want to enter more fully into the world of fountain pens so that I can see what I really like. So far I have only one pen, one nib, and one ink.

As far as what I know about the country of India, I only really know what is in basic textbooks. Where it is on the map, past British occupation, Gandi, and the prevalence of Hinduism.

Beautiful pen! Thank you for the PIF!

My Indian pen collection is growing ever since our pen club president here in NY organized the ASA Trans Nauka group buy! I anxiously await the next group buy!

Sweet giveaway! Thanks Mr. Subramanian! Count me in :D

The nice thing about Indian craftsman-made pens is that they're extremely affordable, they perform well, they're very well crafted, they're individually hand turned and customer service is top notch.

Don't know anything about Indian pens because I don't yet have one, but I LOVE mulligatawny soup!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

A happy customer of Mr Subramaniam :)

Bought my first ASA pen, the swan when it first launched. Then ask Mr Subramaniam to make me a custom pen using my nib. Although some delay occurs, but believe it or not, Mr Subramaniam delivered one of the best pen i ever wrote with.