Global Pif Of Asa Maya- Mesmerzing Maya For Christmas 2016

subbucal

Its been a fantastic 2016 and best of times for Indian Fountain Pens, especially ASA Pens.

Thanks for all your support, as we complete 4 Years!!

Here is a PIF for my latest offering, the mesmerizing Maya, "The ASA Maya Ebonite Fountain Pen".

The PIF

1. Offer is for a "ASA Maya Ebonite Eyedropper pen" as PIF.
  2. The PIF is open to anyone who is registered with FPN. Shipping will be done by us through India Post, Registered Airmail free.
  3. To participate, one has to comment in this thread, on any of following-
  4. One must comment on why they like Indian Fountain Pen or Why they like India or anything they know about Indian pens or India or Mention anything they know about India.
  5. This PIF will end on 23rd December, 12 PM IST and the lucky winner will be declared here by me on 24th, on Christmas Eve!
  6. Winner will be selected from all who comment, by lucky draw.

Here are some pictures

post-78981-0-97904700-1481030068_thumb.jpg

post-78981-0-00984700-1481030083_thumb.jpg

post-78981-0-59109600-1481030117_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpagan

• subbucal

• jay.is.here

• FOUR X FOUR

A most excellent offer indeed.

While I admit to knowing little of India and even less of Indian fountain pens, I do have a few things made in India when stepfather was there many years ago. Some small statues and some heavy embroidered curtains.

One thing I have learned from these is the pride that craftsmen in India have for their work. The small details and clean finish show a level of pride and skill that is harder to find in my neck of the woods.

What a great PIF for a nice looking pen!

While I only have experience with one Indian pen, I find that the value and functionality are a great combination. As an inexpensive flex pen, it is better than many more expensive American flex pens out there.

Namaste!

I am English. Why say that? Because the Indian cricket team deserves congratulations on winning the last Test match against us with some superb play. Well done!

What a lovely pen! I have gained a great appreciation for India in the past few months, since I have been taking an incredibly informative class on Indian politics. I am always astounded by the diversity in langauges, customs, attitudes, and food in that beautiful country.

I've heard that Gandhi helped to influence Indian penmanship and the role of fountain pens in India. I think Indian pens are often made out of ebonite. I'd love to try out an ebonite pen.

Thank you.

I like collecting Indian eyedropper fountain pens because they are simple and offer plenty of opportunity to experiment with different nibs and feeds. I also enjoy disassembling all parts of the pens during cleaning.

Very generous PIF, I would like to be considered.

I recently acquired one of your pens, an ASA Sniper from a fellow enthusiast. I like that Indian pen companies including your own are producing affordable, modern ebonite fountain pens. I especially like the design of the sniper with its ability to use cartridges/converter or convert to eyedropper as some other pens are eyedropper only.

I like Indian eyedropper filled pens because of the simple design, but also the beauty of the pen bodies. And with the easy availability of nibs they are so customizable, your pen can be exactly as you want it.

I like Indian fountain pen inks such as Bril and Daytone because of their beautiful colors, and the combination of pen and ink is excellent.

I have a nice collection of Asa pens and this one would be a great addition.

So please add my name to be considered for this PiF.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

This is a wonderful PIF, please count me in. I have little experience with Indian pend, but love the idea of new ebonite pens. I do feel a connection with Indian religion and philosophy. I consider myself a neophyte student of Advaita Vedanta and the bhakti of my Ishta deva Sri Ramakrishna.

Jai Sri Ramakrishna! Jai Kali Maa!

Gosh, what a generous giveaway!

Some years ago I decided India was too big a country for me not to see it; and because it was big, and because I wanted to make sure I didn't base my view on a single short visit to one area, I decided I'd go for three months. I arrived in Mumbai, stayed in a horrible hotel where I got shook down for tips, got ripped off by taxi drivers, couldn't get a train to Rajasthan that week... and ended up heading for Lonavla where almost everywhere was booked up for the weekend or too expensive, and a rat decided to run under the door into my hotel room. First day, oh hell. I wanted to go home.

Then the next day, I cycled out to the Karla caves, and met a lovely set of people who had come on an outing from their factory in Pune, and was bought sugar cane juice by someone who had seen me toiling up the steps in temperatures I clearly wasn't used to, and saw beautiful Buddhist architecture, and lively Hindu temples, and nibbled on sweeties, and saw wonderfully decorated trucks with 'please be horning' lettered on the back, and ate pure veg in a Jain restaurant.... and that was the day I learned to love India.

I came back from that holiday with a rubbishy felt tip pen that I'd bought when my decent gel pen ran out. Then I learned about all the fountain pens I'd missed ... and went back for six months, with my eyes open, investigating every stationery shop I saw from Kolkata to Leh and Mumbai (Apsara Pens! heaven!!!) to Vidisha. And I got some very, very nice pens indeed.

I shall be back again!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

What a great PIF, please count me in.

Although i'll admit to not knowing a lot about India outside of the delicious food that comes from within, i'd love to learn more.

When it comes to Indian pens however, I think the value for money is pretty appealing. It seems you can get some very well designed pens for an affordable price.

I hope to travel to India one day and when I do i'll be sure to bring back some beautiful Indian fountain pens :)

Edited by Burtini

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Hi.. Nice offer.

Why I love indian fountain pens?

Is hard to get Ebonite and resin fountain pens at an affordable price anywhere else. Simple.

And I don't prefer metal as it makes pen real heavy and uncomfortable.

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

Nice PIF! I have several Indian pens (Camlin, Wality, FPR), and they are remarkably cost effective. Over the years I have had several Indian professors and students, and I like Indian food. Count me in for this giveaway.

lovely pif Mr. subramaniam. I love my indian fountian pens beacause they are light in weight , come with jowo nibs & are very reasonable. count me in for maya. my fav daily carry is asa daily with jowo fine nib.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Thanks for the offer, beautiful pen. I remember studying India in school many decades ago, but few fact remain other than it is one of the largest and most densely populated countries. I also have started eating more Indian-type foods as my physician said it would be better for me. As far as Indian pens, as others have mentioned the attention to detail and value for the money is hard to beat.

I have never used a pen from India, but I've been tempted on many occasion to order one. Eye droppers are awesome!

As for India, I've never been, but I do (did) know how to properly put on a sari! :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

A very generous pif, Mr Subramaniam.

I own a certain amount of indian pens, and a non-neglectable number of ASA pens.

I like indian pens because the carftmanship is great, and the design immediately recognizable - one can see at first sight that a pen is ade in India. I love the ebonites (I only own ebonite indian pens), and their beautiful colours.

Of India I love the contrast of the opposables living side by side: utter progress in technology and profound tradition.

I love the cheer colours, music, poetry, litterature and the temples.

Thank you Mr Subramaniam for this pif.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo