Closed - Ranga Model 3 And 3C - Group Buy - Dec 2016

mehandiratta

I have a few questions:

1. Is the cherry red ebonite a maroon color similar to this one:

http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/range-indian-ebonite/model-5/psp-ranga-ebonite-model-5-fountain-pen-sterling-hammer-solid-maroon-ebonite-jowo-6-nibs.html

2. Do the eyedropper models fitted with the Ambitious 35mm dual tone nib come with a regular Wality feed or can it be fitted with a greater-finned feed to prevent burping, etc?

Thank you.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• matteob

• MuddyWaters

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, my order on the list is wrong: My order should be:

Model 3 - Flat End

Fine JOWO Nib Dual Tone

12. Rose Red - Black Ripple

Polished

GOLD Clip

Shorter Barrel adjustment.

Kindly PM me the line no. or name linked to your order...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Please find answer in RED

I have a few questions:

1. Is the cherry red ebonite a maroon color similar to this one:

http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/range-indian-ebonite/model-5/psp-ranga-ebonite-model-5-fountain-pen-sterling-hammer-solid-maroon-ebonite-jowo-6-nibs.html

YES

2. Do the eyedropper models fitted with the Ambitious 35mm dual tone nib come with a regular Wality feed or can it be fitted with a greater-finned feed to prevent burping, etc?

Thank you.

It Comes with Regular Feed though it is not a Wality Feed

vaibhav mehandiratta

I have made separate payments for a total of two pens. One is line 71 on your chart, the other not yet on the chart. Forms have been submitted for both pens.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Hi Vaibhav, I think there's something wrong with the chart for my orders on line 41 and 42 for Zhan C.? Seems line Line 40's specs maded onto line 41 and shifted the original one down one line, so my specs for line 41 went to line 42 , and my specs for line 42 went to line 43 and shifted down Jack X's order.

My two pens should be

Model 3, C/C, No Nib - Threaded for #6 JoWo Nib, Premium Ebonite 6. Pale Pink Black Swirl, Polished Clip. $56

Model 3C,C/C, No Nib - Threaded for #6 JoWo Nib, Special 8. Teal Blue - Khaki Ripple, Polished Clip, $41. With request for the Cap top to be shorter by 3mm and Barrel to be shorter by 6mm

Payment has been made for these.

Edited by zchen

Kindly PM me the line no. or name linked to your order...

The e-mail linked to my order is Jiejiaxiang@gmail.com and the Name is JACK X. and it is listed as LINE 43

I'm also considering to order one of these pens, but I have a couple of questions first (since this would be my first group buy of any kind):

1. Amit37 already asked about the colour of SE rod #11, Solid Cherry Red, but I have a question about the ‘texture’ of the ebonite, as I'm not sure about it from the pictures in this thread: Is the colour completely uniform, or is there some kind of pattern to it, like tiny dots that are darker/lighter than the rest of the rod, or something? There's a picture on the Asapens-Website of some Ebonite rods used for the Nauka (Link), and there are two rods that look similar to SE rod #11, namely № 6 and № 7 (that kind of looks like chocolate) in the linked picture. I really like the very subtle pattern that these two rods seem to have. Is rod #11 similar in any way?
  2. How thick is the section? It seems like it might be a bit too thick for my taste, as I have relatively small hands. Is it possible to get a (slightly) thinner section, or a section that is concave/pinched a bit, as with the Model 8, or tapers more towards the lip?
  3. Is the option ‘threaded for Bock #6 Nib unit’ the same price as the corresponding option for a JoWo/Schmidt nib unit?
  4. Are Premium rods #2 and #5 the only Ebonite rods that are currently out of stock?

Thanks in advance!

Please find answer in RED

Thank you for the clarifications Vaibhav! Form submitted for a Ranga Model 3C Rounded End in Special Solid Cherry Red Ebonite, Polished, Gold-tone clip, no nib - threaded for JoWo. $41

My name should come up as Amit B.

Edited by Amit37

payment done some days back

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

Oh, the 3c!

My favourite!

Form submitted.

(3c, cc mech., threaded for Jowo#6, no nib, premium ebonite, blue green orange swirl, polished, no clip)

Thank you

@[member='mehandiratta'], Thanks for organising the groupbuy. After a message exchange with you, you had suggested that I could email you about the model. I have sent you an email and a PM on FPN with the details. In case you missed either of them, here are the details,

Model: Model 3 - Flat End
Nib: Fine (or Extra Fine if available) #6 JOWO Nib Chrome
Colour: Polished Special Ebonite 11 (Solid Cherry Red)
Filling: C/C mechanism
Clip: Chrome Clip

I have made separate payments for a total of two pens.  One is line 71 on your chart, the other not yet on the chart.  Forms have been submitted for both pens.

I will update the chart....

Hi Vaibhav, I think there's something wrong with the chart for my orders on line 41 and 42 for Zhan C.? Seems line Line 40's specs maded onto line 41 and shifted the original one down one line, so my specs for line 41 went to line 42 , and my specs for line 42 went to line 43 and shifted down Jack X's order.

My two pens should be

Model 3, C/C, No Nib - Threaded for #6 JoWo Nib, Premium Ebonite 6. Pale Pink Black Swirl, Polished Clip. $56

Model 3C,C/C, No Nib - Threaded for #6 JoWo Nib, Special 8. Teal Blue - Khaki Ripple, Polished Clip, $41. With request for the Cap top to be shorter by 3mm and Barrel to be shorter by 6mm

Payment has been made for these.

I will recheck the list and update... thank for participating in group buy

The e-mail linked to my order is Jiejiaxiang@gmail.com and the Name is JACK X. and it is listed as LINE 43

thank for participating in the group buy

Thank you for the clarifications Vaibhav! Form submitted for a Ranga Model 3C Rounded End in Special Solid Cherry Red Ebonite, Polished, Gold-tone clip, no nib - threaded for JoWo. $41 

My name should come up as Amit B. 

Awesome...

payment done some days back

Awesome...

Form submitted.... I love it the amount of choices available :D

Yeah... I also love these choices...

Form submitted...

thank you

Oh, the 3c!
My favourite!
Form submitted.
(3c, cc mech., threaded for Jowo#6, no nib, premium ebonite, blue green orange swirl, polished, no clip)
Thank you

thank you

Ordered one more. That makes my order totaling 2. 

okay... 

Submitted.

Form Submitted

Thanks!

thanks... for participating in group buy

@[member='mehandiratta'], Thanks for organising the groupbuy. After a message exchange with you, you had suggested that I could email you about the model. I have sent you an email and a PM on FPN with the details. In case you missed either of them, here are the details,

i will do the same...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Please also note that JoWo nib is right now not in stock...

vaibhav mehandiratta