M800 Burnt Orange OR M805 Blue Striped  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which M8xx would you buy?

• M800 Burnt Orange
    • M800 Blue Striped Gold Trim
    • M805 Blue Striped Rhodium Trim

Hi guys,

I am trying to select my next Pelikan. I have reduced down my choices to three:

1-M800 Burnt Orange and M800/M805 Blue Striped. Burnt Orange has a very attractive warm color which I really like.

2-M800 Blue Striped with Gold Trim

3-M805 Blue Striped with Rhodium Trim

Which one would you choose and why? Thanks

post-110749-0-10266100-1480439547.jpg

post-110749-0-08284400-1480439555.jpg

post-110749-0-73677700-1480439563.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• langere

• Calabria

• mfyorulmaz

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted Burnt Orange, because it is gorgeous and it is a SE. So, once it is gone you will have to pay a premium to get one (if you find it), while the blue striped can always be obtained later.

Blue/Rhodium because I have never cared for gold trim. Personal preference though. Get the one that speaks to you most.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

I think the blue stripe looks more "classy" than the black+orange, but I know people that would go for the black+orange pen instead.

As for trim, I prefer silver over gold. But again, that is purely personal taste.

In the end, it will be your personal decision to make.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Burnt orange. That is how I voted with my money too.

It is actually a dark brown and orange, which also makes it more interesting to me when seen in person.

It is also easier to find a blue striped used so I would buy a used one if you end up preferring that color.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Since I have the Burnt Orange already, blue and gold. I'm liking gold again after many years of preferring the more technical rhodium finish.

Sure, the Burnt Orange is pretty amazing. But the blue/gold has got to be one of the most classy combinations. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the M8xx lineup!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Burnt orange. Just a much more unique pen. Lots of blue striped ones around. There will never be as many orange ones.

And I have a blue 800...

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

I prefer gold trim on my M800's so it would be 1 or 2 for me. I like them both so bought both. The blue stripe however is still my all time favorite!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I have a few 800s but of your three options, I would go for the Burnt Orange, which is one of my favourites. I've an M405 in blue/black stripe and rhodium and I actually bought an all-rhodium nib to go in it,as I just didn't think the two-tone that it came with looked right.

The burnt orange is a really striking pen and like all the 800s, a joy to use. I'm sure you will find pleasure from whichever model you finally choose.

Enjoy!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks for all of your responses...I end up ordering the burnt orange...mainly because it has a different striking view and later on it will be difficult to get one. Having said that in the future, I may consider buying one of blue striped M800 with gold trim...

Thanks for all of your responses...I end up ordering the burnt orange...mainly because it has a different striking view and later on it will be difficult to get one. Having said that in the future, I may consider buying one of blue striped M800 with gold trim...

Good choice. After reading this I got out my Burnt Orange and I gotta say, it makes me happy 😻

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Good choice! You can always get a blue striated one; the burnt orange is a limited edition.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

The Burnt Orange is gorgeous but it has no ink window and I more prefer silver trim than gold, so I voted the 805.

Even though it doesn't have an ink window, you can check the ink level by putting a bright light (like a cell phone light) behind it.

Burnt Orange. Already did it.

It's already expensive, but because it's an LE it will become more so down the line. The blue is a classic and should remain available with great examples in the used market.

D.C. in PA - Always bitin' off more than I can chew.

im prefer M800 blue with gold trim, elegant look and classy..

if you want orange pen, go with delta dolce vita black orange, the best looking orange pen i've ever see :)

Among the FPs proposed I prefer the M 805 blue striped, but I remain faithful to my M 805 Stresemann F, which I find more classy.