• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• alfredop

• Calabria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my.. Look at the offered price! But nice LE number though.

Yes... that price took a minute for me to digest as well. Much higher than the last one I saw offered. Too many other pens in the past couple months have already moved to Idaho... the Gaudi must wait.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Would love an m850! The red or black, though the more I think about it, lean towards the black.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the M1000 Raden special editions ... really too much money.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

There are many I would like, but only one I covet, an M600 Toledo. I know there is no such pen, but I can dream. This would be the ultimate pen. The M700 is slightly small. The M900 is slightly large. I can't imagine paying that much. But, I can't imagine never having one. A guy can dream, can't he.

I had an empty slot in the M40x spot so have ordered the M405 Stresemann. It should be here next week. I also don't have a M1000 but the M800's are on the edge of being too large for me to use so I will probably never get one.

I love mine. What nib are you getting on yours?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of months ago I posted here that a 205 aquamarine was on the list... since then I picked up a 205 blue. It's nice but it certainly isn't like my 800s... I feel no need for another at that level. 1000s seem too big... but a Toledo or any of the limited or special editions are still on the list.

Current flock:

M215 Rings - EF, Hebraic, and 1.0 cursive italic

M800 Green Striated - 0.8mm stub

M800 Blue O'Blue - EF

M800 Grand Place - waiting on a B

M800 Renaissance Brown - EF

M805 Black - 0.3mm cursive italic

I'm really enjoying M800s where the cap matches the barrel, instead of the black/brown cap on the striated versions. I also have a preponderance of gold trimmed birds, so I'm wondering about swapping the M805 Black for an M800 Black.

Fortunately the demonstrators do nothing for me, nor do the M800 Burnt Orange or the M805 Vibrant Blue. I'm really nervous about the Ocean Swirl coming out shortly...

Dream list:

M900 or M910 Toledo (to match either the M800 or M805 Black - whatever I decide)

M800 Green O'Green

M800 Red O'Red

Edited by BayesianPrior

bayesianprior.png

M320 orange.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I love mine. What nib are you getting on yours?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I always order an ef. Just got an M805 blue striped with the ef made into a needlepoint.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at this year's lists and purchases and the only one left on the list for this year is the Ocean Swirl, whenever it gets releases. Haven't decided on a nib yet.

The list for next year only has a big Toledo on it.

I'm sure that CAN'T be right ;) Something will come along...

edited to add: I just saw a picture of the M805 Ocean Swirl on Instagram and it is stunning! B nib, for sure... bigger would be nice, but B if that's the best we can do.

Due in November "just in time for Christmas"...

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I pre-ordered the M605 White Transparent in ef. I saw a pic of the Ocean Swirl today & it is too turquoise as I thought it would be. It isn't going to be on my list.

I've been looking at this year's lists and purchases and the only one left on the list for this year is the Ocean Swirl, whenever it gets releases. Haven't decided on a nib yet.

The list for next year only has a big Toledo on it.

I'm sure that CAN'T be right ;) Something will come along...

edited to add: I just saw a picture of the M805 Ocean Swirl on Instagram and it is stunning! B nib, for sure... bigger would be nice, but B if that's the best we can do.

OOOH, the big Toledo! That is something to look forward. Have you decided on which yet?

I would like a red... and a black... and a yellow ... while we're at it, a new job too :lticaptd:

I'm sure Pelikan will come out with a few other M800 to add to your list.

The Ocean Swirl is amazing (thanks for the pic)! I also share your wish for a broader than B nib, untill recently some places in England were offering BB, maybe they still have some.

.... I just saw a picture of the M805 Ocean Swirl on Instagram and it is stunning! B nib, for sure... bigger would be nice, but B if that's the best we can do.

I also just saw the picture... that is one very nice looking pen! For a moment I regretted just ordering a M805 Blue stripe with a M nib. Then when I saw the Ocean Swirl was not going to be until November I thought that was ok it going to be nice to have the M805 and maybe will get the Ocean in a couple of months when I have money again :)

• 2 weeks later...

My next one will be one of the M805 series. Maybe the Ocean Swirl or the Vibrant Blue. I need to see them side by side to make my decision.

Or maybe the grey sriped Stresemann which I could get for a very good price. :unsure:

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

My acquisition plan may seem rather pedestrian to many here, but I'm still rather new to this world. I've taken a liking to Pelikan, though, and have started with a green stripe 400NN which I am enjoying quite a bit. It was my first Pelikan and my first vintage.

Next up, I want to go with the current production, and I believe the M600 is right for me. Beginning with the green stripe, since I think it makes for a nice companion to the 400NN, then moving to the other standard colors for an RGB collection. One hitch, though, is that I prefer the blue stripe with chrome trim, but that's not currently available as an M605, so I need to go with the M405 (most likely) or M805 for that unless I can find a pre-owned M605 from back when.

I'm not rushing into it, but that's my current plan.

- Marc

Edited by MightyEighth

Ink 'em if you got 'em!