Which One Would You Like To Add Next?

BillH

M300 in red/black or blue/black stripes...if they will ever make it.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• alfredop

• Calabria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M300 in red/black or blue/black stripes...if they will ever make it.

+1 Though my first choice would be brown/black, then maybe a 305 Anthracite.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

+1 Though my first choice would be brown/black, then maybe a 305 Anthracite.

An M300 Tortoise would be a hoot! I'd buy two, just because. Ditto the M305 Stresemann. Probably never use either of them but they would round out a collection nicely.

I know, I'm sick. I'm also not alone.

Speaking of wishes... Is the "rumor" about a 6xx sized pen this year still out there or has that been dismissed?

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

OH MY!

An M300 Tortoise would be wonderful! It gets my vote in a heartbeat!

I'd also like to see a zippered pen case for multiple M3XX's to carry/store all the various models. I currently have all available except the M350. I haven't been able to locate one of them! The available 3 pen case houses my STOP-LIGHT set. Ruby, "yellow"/orange, Green. They are so cute! And actually fit my small hands perfectly!

Fair winds and following seas.

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation of the Marine Blue, Calabria! Unfortunately I don't have any pen funds at the moment, since I just got an Aurora Optima in blue, but while I am on a blue roll, I may get the M605 pen in a few months. I too have noticed prices going up, even on the secondhand market. Just as an example, I was able to find the Ruby Red and Green o'Green for $300 a few years ago from at a pen show and from a seller here, respectively; on ebay, they are now offered for $500.

the 605 Marine is still to be had at an acceptable price. But I'm really fascinated by the fact that Pelikan is fetching these prices on the secondary market. I agree, they seem higher than even last year, and I'm surprised that MB seems a deal by comparison. What is the logic here?

Aurora is a beautiful pen. Congratulations!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

After having patiently sourced a M750, a M760, a M430 and finally a M700, I'm a bit sate of Pelikans, so as at this point I do not know what to add next :D

Alfredo

Edited by alfredop

After having patiently sourced a M750, a M760, a M430 and finally a M700, I'm a bit sate of Pelikans, so as at this point I do not know what to add next :D

Alfredo

How about M730 & M710? This will complete your collection of M7xx.

How about M730 & M710? This will complete your collection of M7xx.

Your suggestion is quite logic, M710 is not much difficult to find, but I have to wait for the right occasion, M730 is much more difficult and I already have a M420 and a M430.

We will see.

Alfredo

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking with a friend about nibs and the subject of factory oblique and italic Pelikan nibs came up, especially in the M600 and M800 range. Being a relative newbie, I do not have a memory of those nibs in those pens being available new (disco'd before my time), and I do not have one in those sizes. One of the most fun pens in the flock is a vintage 400 Black Striated OBBB...

So. I'm thinking that my current "which-one-next" might need to be a large size pen with an IB or OB/OBB nib.

My question is roughly when these nibs were available and in which ranges? Old style? New style? Note, I'm not chasing "flex". A good italic or oblique gives me all the line variation I desire. Anyone have any info to pass along? Thanks :)

I don't know about on modern Pelikans. I have a 1950s era 400 with an OB nib and a 1980s era m100 (I think) with a 1.0 mm italic nib. The 2nd Café Crème came with an IM nib on it -- but I bought it used, and don't know for sure if it was original to the pen or not. I will add that it was a firehose -- even with relatively dry iron gall ink, and even by Pellikan standards of wetness; I had to get the nib tweaked to cut the flow a bit, and I also then bought a M200 B nib for the pen.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I had an empty slot in the M40x spot so have ordered the M405 Stresemann. It should be here next week. I also don't have a M1000 but the M800's are on the edge of being too large for me to use so I will probably never get one.

I had an empty slot in the M40x spot so have ordered the M405 Stresemann. It should be here next week. I also don't have a M1000 but the M800's are on the edge of being too large for me to use so I will probably never get one.

I just got the M200 Café Créme from Japan and added a M400 EF nib from GB to it. It writes like a dream. I've recently been attached to bigger pens, but now I'm eyeing the M405 Stresemann. I MAY hold off until the anticipated M6xx SE release later this year.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 4 weeks later...

i've got the souverän range covered, but i'd love to get a m900 toledo

I don't have the souverän range covered (not likely to ever get the m300, or m1000 sizes). But, I agree on the m900 Toledo. If I could have only one more Pelikan, this would be it. Of course, no one could stop me from another Pelikan.

M205 Highlighter.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

There are so so many... 205 Aquamarine.... 900 Toledo.... Blue Planet.... my list is endless.. my budget is not.

If your budget is not large, then go little by little. Pretty soon you will have a lot of them.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 3 weeks later...

eBay this morning was more interesting than it has been in awhile... there is even a Gaudi on offer :puddle: My grail pen.

...too bad... I just can't make it work in my budget right now. :bawl:

On the other hand, this shows I still have control, right?

eBay this morning was more interesting than it has been in awhile... there is even a Gaudi on offer :puddle: My grail pen.

...too bad... I just can't make it work in my budget right now. :bawl:

On the other hand, this shows I still have control, right?

Y-yes...sure.

:D