Which One Would You Like To Add Next?

BillH

Well, due to a severe attack of Life I didn't get photos of the 2 M405s done today (I got to spend time instead sending off feedback to Walmart.com late this afternoon about how likely I would recommend their website and one particular store to anyone :angry: -- and on a scale of 1 to 10 I voted "zero"....). And that was after I also found out that according to my local pharmacy, our prescription service has been *cancelled*.... (So what exactly *did* the health insurers do with my Cobra payment? Especially since I just checked online banking and the check has CLEARED? :glare:).

So, by the time that got dealt with, it was too late in the afternoon for good lighting. I'm hoping the weather still holds tomorrow (but maybe not -- NOAA is predicting cloudy and showers until Wednesday :wallbash:).

Striated Blue has been inked up with Edelstein Tanzanite (and I'm really liking the EF nib, because it's more like an F in other brands). The Stresemann is sporting Edelstein Amethyst (because, why not? :D); after the trouble I'd had with the Café Crème B nibs (both times the nibs needed a bit of work) I was a bit nervous about another B nib -- but with this one I've had absolutely no problems with skipping so far. :cloud9:

If the weather holds at *all* tomorrow, I really will try to get pix taken, including with writing samples.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• alfredop

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although modern Pelikan pens are absolutely wonderful, smooth writing, reliable and beautiful I have been smitten by the vintage bug.

I love the 1930's design sense and the nibs are in my opinion among the best ever made.

I hope to someday add the following:

- Toledo

- White Gold

- Lapis Blue (good luck on this one!)

One can dream!!

- Lapis Blue (good luck on this one!)

One can dream!!

Yeah. I saw a photo of one a couple of years ago and went all weak in the knees. And then saw the price tag and almost fainted from shock. :yikes:

If I ever have the money to have a custom pen made for me, I want a piston filler that looks close to one of these as possible.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

As for me some M6xx pens. I have a few left to complete the whole collection of M6xx range pens (except M640).

I would love to see all of your 6's and all of Joshua's 2's together... sigh :wub:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I would love to see all of your 6's and all of Joshua's 2's together... sigh :wub:

Will do Bill but not sure how to assemble together with Joshua's when both of us are so far away. :P

I'm left with some M6xx - if not mistaken another 5 pens. Will definitely update you guys when I have completed in getting all. ;)

Yeah. I saw a photo of one a couple of years ago and went all weak in the knees. And then saw the price tag and almost fainted from shock. :yikes:

If I ever have the money to have a custom pen made for me, I want a piston filler that looks close to one of these as possible.

Ruth,

If you are not aware of the Originals of their Time series, you may want to take a look. They have an excellent reproduction of the Lapis Blue Pelikan from the 1930's. I think Pelikan released them in the late 1990's through the early 2000's.

They are available for sale now and then although they are starting to command fairly high prices. Still less than the original but those are so rare many collectors have never seen one for sale.

R

Did a quick Google search on the line. In 2012, Bonham's auctioned off one of the Lapis Blue repros, and it was *definitely* too rich for my blood (although still less expensive than an original Lapis Blue I saw on eBay a couple of years ago, being only a THREE figure price instead of FOUR.... :o

Did a quick Google search on the line. In 2012, Bonham's auctioned off one of the Lapis Blue repros, and it was *definitely* too rich for my blood (although still less expensive than an original Lapis Blue I saw on eBay a couple of years ago, being only a THREE figure price instead of FOUR.... :o

You are correct. I found one on sale in Germany and it is being offered for a four figure price. Seems rather excessive but that entire series seems to keep increasing in desirability.

So, in perusing Instagram this morning I see Niche Pens has shown the new Pelikan M800 Renaissance Brown Special Edition and has it listed on their website as well. Gorgeous dark brown with interesting color in the material. It looks lovely to me and I will definitely pick one up for my flock.

Wasn't expecting an M800 yet... thought they would do the M205 first. Not complaining though, this one looks great to my eye.

edit: availability in May according to the website

Edited by BillH

At the moment I intend to add a 500 and a 500NN to my collection of vintage Pelikans. No planning, as yet, for purchase of any modern Pelikans.

Khan M. Ilyas

I'd love a Classic M200 Cafe Creme. With a vintage nib unit in it. The colours are lovely and warm. Will have to see if I can get some of my other pens sold to fund it.

Well, I'm back on the hunt for some other brands lately, but I still want to get the Pelikan M605 Marine Blue from a few years back, replace the Green o' green I sold (this time with an EF nib), and my eyes are peeled for the rumored demonstrator coming out in the fall. Maybe I will get one or the other in the next year or so.

Eventually, if I find one with a good price, I would like to the get the Toledo M710 in yellow or red.

Right now I feel like I have enough Pelikans, but not enough Pelikan nibs for them!! I would love to get an EF for my Pelikan M101N brown tortoise, which is one of my favorite pens, but has an annoyingly thick F nib.

In keeping with my niche of acquiring Pelikans, I have pre-ordered the M800 Renaissance Brown :wub: Will also be adding the M80x that is due to be released later this year...

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm back on the hunt for some other brands lately, but I still want to get the Pelikan M605 Marine Blue from a few years back, replace the Green o' green I sold (this time with an EF nib), and my eyes are peeled for the rumored demonstrator coming out in the fall. Maybe I will get one or the other in the next year or so.

Eventually, if I find one with a good price, I would like to the get the Toledo M710 in yellow or red.

Right now I feel like I have enough Pelikans, but not enough Pelikan nibs for them!! I would love to get an EF for my Pelikan M101N brown tortoise, which is one of my favorite pens, but has an annoyingly thick F nib.

I've been looking at M6xx models as well. I have the red striated version, but the most fun right now is my Marine Blue with an EF nib I had lying around. The deep blue is pretty unique, and it's a light, speedy writer.

So, I've been eyeing the M605 black which seems to be the most minimal, understated model of the lineup, and finally bought it from an Asian retailer after losing an auction on eBay. The price seems fair. Now I'm looking forward to receiving it, and feeling like an existentialist philosopher with the sober black and silver pen.

One thing I've noticed in the last week is how expensive even quite common Pelikans are ... especially the M6xx line. I didn't really see any "deals," and could have easily gotten a W.Germany MB 146 for the same price. I guess there are a lot of Pelikan aficionados driving up the prices? Especially the rarer M600 line? The pink one is advertised in the 4 figures!!😦

Anyway, Oregano, Regina Martini has a Marine Blue for an acceptable price just now.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I've been looking at M6xx models as well. I have the red striated version, but the most fun right now is my Marine Blue with an EF nib I had lying around. The deep blue is pretty unique, and it's a light, speedy writer.

So, I've been eyeing the M605 black which seems to be the most minimal, understated model of the lineup, and finally bought it from an Asian retailer after losing an auction on eBay. The price seems fair. Now I'm looking forward to receiving it, and feeling like an existentialist philosopher with the sober black and silver pen.

One thing I've noticed in the last week is how expensive even quite common Pelikans are ... especially the M6xx line. I didn't really see any "deals," and could have easily gotten a W.Germany MB 146 for the same price. I guess there are a lot of Pelikan aficionados driving up the prices? Especially the rarer M600 line? The pink one is advertised in the 4 figures!!

Anyway, Oregano, Regina Martini has a Marine Blue for an acceptable price just now.

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation of the Marine Blue, Calabria! Unfortunately I don't have any pen funds at the moment, since I just got an Aurora Optima in blue, but while I am on a blue roll, I may get the M605 pen in a few months. I too have noticed prices going up, even on the secondhand market. Just as an example, I was able to find the Ruby Red and Green o'Green for $300 a few years ago from at a pen show and from a seller here, respectively; on ebay, they are now offered for $500.

I think the resale market prices for Pelikans have risen dramatically just in the past year. Perhaps on the Ruby Red and the G'o'G it is a little bit understandable, since I've seen very few of those even offered lately. But even common M200's regularly fetch $100 or more these days, from those who are not patient. And many of the new prices I see on the bay are higher than from vendors like Cult Pens, LCdA, or Niche (just to name a few, sorry to those I did not include). I don't know what the pen show prices and availability has been like lately though... is the same thing happening there as well?

Or, are you interested in two bottles of Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire for a starting bid of $1000? New listing on the bay... :yikes:

Really? I watched a beautiful MB 146R Doue go yesterday for $300 less than that. Which would YOU rather have

Edited by BillH