Which One Would You Like To Add Next?

BillH

ian1964, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the Amethyst when I got mine. Happy start to 2017 indeed.

My happy start included the maillady finally making it through the snow and guck to deliver what turned out to be a very nice 400 grey stripe, so that is one wish crossed off the list.

I have a couple bids entered but my bids tend to be not exactly sumgai bids but they aren't full boat either... if I get 1 out of four or five pens I bid on I know I've gotten a good price, unless it's something I -have- to have :angry: then I might bid up. Right now I don't have one of those and will try to hold off until late next month or March (as close to Pen of the Quarter as I'm likely to get).

Was looking at old posts and blogs lately and noticed there were a lot of rumors and announcements last year at this time... this year pretty silent. I wonder what the mothership has in store? Every time I get tempted to blow the budget on a couple pens already on the list I tell myself "no, with your luck as soon as you do that Pelikan will announce an M800 Mother of Pearl or an M600 Tortoise..."

So far, it's been working. But come on Pelikan, help some pathetic addicts dedicated fans and collectors out here and give us a hint. :lticaptd:

M600 Tortoise, ...did someone say M600 Tortoise!? I almost hope that this pen does not come out this year, because most of my current plans for disposable income would be diverted to this acquisition.

Plus our little old Subaru Forester just turned 300,000 miles and my wife has new car fever.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• alfredop

• Calabria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking the same thing. All is quiet in the Pelikan front.

But I don't have as much self restraint as you and already blew my whole "yearly" budget in lesser other pens :( . Now I'm starting to get afraid that they will indeed release that fabled M800 Mother of Pearl :) , or even a white tortoise one, or a M1000 Stresemann, etc. :gaah:

I am holding out to see if they release another M800 Cities pen. I would love an Athens, Shanghai, or Piazza Navona! Til the releases, I'm not buying anything as yet...Just in case! :P

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I think my next addition should be an older model M400 green stripes. Howerver, it not something I need to do right away so I can wait for great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were admiring the Pelikan Berlin photos that eliweisz has posted on a couple threads and then we looked at a couple of the other green 600 sized Pelikans. She kept snagging on the color of the green and the gold trim (not to her liking)... and asked if you could buy one with rhodium trim like the Stresemann.

Anyone else tempted by the idea of an M605 in a green finish? Just tossing it out there...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I have multiple M200s, M415 Brown Tortoise, and M600, so I'd like to get "THE PEN", aka M800 green striated with a juicy wet medium or broad nib next. Or maybe the red striated M800 if I come across one. I assume there was a red striated M800?

Edited by max dog

... I assume there was a red striated M800?

Yes, there was a red striped M800. I've been kicking myself for not grabbing one when I had the chance!

I have multiple M200s, M415 Brown Tortoise, and M600, so I'd like to get "THE PEN", aka M800 green striated with a juicy wet medium or broad nib next. Or maybe the red striated M800 if I come across one. I assume there was a red striated M800?

Yes there was a red M800 and I too waited too long until they were no longer made, luckily I found a new old stock. It's a favorite of mine.

post-131820-0-99742800-1485577042_thumb.jpg

Retired, twice. Time to do more things, writing being one.

Yes, there was a red striped M800. I've been kicking myself for not grabbing one when I had the chance!

Yes there was a red M800 and I too waited too long until they were no longer made, luckily I found a new old stock. It's a favorite of mine.

:puddle:

I can relate to what you both mean. When I got my first Pelikan, M200 blue marble, in 2009, at the penshop they had the red marbled M200 (seems to be a rare bird these days) along side the blue one, and I was debating between the two, and I ended up getting the blue marble. I don't regret the blue marble at all, but I kick myself since then that I did not scoop up the red marbled M200 as well when I had the chance.

Edited by max dog

I will say that my green M800 with a juicy smooth EF is my go-to pen ... even over my other, more rare M8xx's ... it's kind of like the GMT of pens.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Don't try to choose, buy both of them (says the man whose "wanter" is constantly overpowering his "chooser" :lol: )

Edited by BillH

Well, I suppose that since I now have a few Pelikans (M200 and a pair of 400NN), I guess I need to take the next step and go to the M600.

Was looking at old posts and blogs lately and noticed there were a lot of rumors and announcements last year at this time... this year pretty silent. I wonder what the mothership has in store? Every time I get tempted to blow the budget on a couple pens already on the list I tell myself "no, with your luck as soon as you do that Pelikan will announce an M800 Mother of Pearl or an M600 Tortoise..."

So far, it's been working. But come on Pelikan, help some pathetic addicts dedicated fans and collectors out here and give us a hint. :lticaptd:

I wish Pelikan would commission an M800 Light Tortoise or Mother of Pearl this year..

Looking for a few M600 pens as to complete this series collection which is almost 90% completed.

M600 collection? Boy, I would sure like to see that!

Hmmm, I have two Pelikans, and I feel like that's enough. I would like to get a medium M200 nib though.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

I would like to have a nice example of a brown tortoise 400NN (as the binde on mine has come off) and a green striped M1000.

Khan M. Ilyas

i've got the souverän range covered, but i'd love to get a m900 toledo

I feel the same, though for me it would be the silver toledo in the m400 size. I feel like I have enough m600s that I use on a regular basis, but then there are a couple designs outside of the souveran range that would be iciing on the cake!

• 1 month later...

Just checking in. Not sure if anyone still wants to play but I had to see...

How have you done so far in 2017? Found anything really wonderful, on or off the list? Have you even tried to stay on the list? :D I know Ruth has been busy... anyone else?

I have acquired a number of pens since the first of the year, and a couple were even on the list. The M800 Tortoise is now crossed off the list, and a Grey 100N. :bunny01: And a couple orphaned MB's have found an empty tray box to hide in.

I have firmly decided not to purchase the Bright Red, but I am seeking an M101N Brown Tort on the idea that they are still get-able at a not terrible price (esp considering the new one) and I find them the most attractive of the 4.

And I'm trying to be good about bidding on auction stuff. If I think about it I'm happy with where the collection is right now and don't feel too pressed to grab something "now". I doubt that I will wait until the M205 Smoky Quartz or the rumored M8xx's are announced later in the year, but those have to qualify as the only real "next on the list" pens. Anything else will be something from the list but pre-owned so there is no scheduling those. M805 Black. Vibrant Blue? Maybe. M600 White Tort. :P

Happy Spring to all.