Which One Would You Like To Add Next?

BillH

After checking in the "price increase" and the "my new pelikan" threads, I got to wondering what some of you folks might be searching for, hoping for, saving for, or planning to buy next to add to your flock?

Are you happy where your flock is now? Frustrated by a rare one? Overwhelmed by the possibilities? Any regrets for missing one? Or for catching one that just didn't satisfy like you thought it would? I'm curious to find out a little more about Pelikan collecting from some of you who have done it longer than I have, and I'm sure there are others who'd find it enlightening too.

And sure, I'll start. The next one on my list will likely be a 400 or 400NN with grey stripes. I think that would fit in the vintage side of my flock quite well. For modern pens, I'm telling myself to just wait and see what 2017 brings in the way of new offerings. I've grown the flock faster than I had intended this past 6 weeks so it's time to settle a bit... and wait for the stragglers to finally get here.

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• alfredop

• daenghafez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to have my blue striped M805 back which i sold last year. I would also like to have a M800 with a custom "S" nib done by Pelikan in Hannover. However my finances are not in godo shape and it doesnt seem likely I am doing any of these in the next couple of years.

I'd like a striped blue M400 and the new Streseman (Anthracite) in that size (M405?)

Of course I'd also like to find my missing M200 Café Crème, which I keep thinking is SOMEWHERE in my house.... I got lucky in getting a replacement when I lost the first one last spring. I don't think I'll be lucky a second time....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Okay, I just checked. There are a few. All for more than I paid for the first one -- and WAY more than I paid for the second one....

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I am hooked on M8XX pens, and I have several, but not all I want(ed). I have large hands, and the size is a good fit. I can do with M6XX, posted, but not for long writing sessions. Anything smaller is just not comfortable for me, other than for brief note taking.

I wanted a red stripe M800, missed out. Wanted a tortoiseshell M800, missed out. Don't want a green stripe; have that in M1000. Don't want a black; have lots of black pens.

Maybe, I just need to start buying more nib units (missing pen.de is a good source) for the pens I have. For quality and aesthetics, I would be content to have my Pelikans and nothing else, except that I often need finer nibs than Pel affords me. Those fall under the category of utilitarian pens, and any of several brands do well enough.

I'd like a striped blue M400 and the new Streseman (Anthracite) in that size (M405?)

Of course I'd also like to find my missing M200 Café Crème, which I keep thinking is SOMEWHERE in my house.... I got lucky in getting a replacement when I lost the first one last spring. I don't think I'll be lucky a second time.... :crybaby:

ETA: Okay, I just checked. There are a few. All for more than I paid for the first one -- and WAY more than I paid for the second one.... :(

Ruth, did you loose/misplace the second one too? Oh, my! I sure hope it is somewhere in your house and you find it soon. Good luck!

As for me, well... it would be easier to list the ones I don't want! :blush:

I will most likely add a Green M1000 with a M or B nib next year.

I am also addicted to M800's and would like to add a red one and the vibrant blue (and who knows what SE they have in store for us in 2017).

Then, there is that gorgeous M450 Green Tortoise that sometimes I decide that I need it, but sometimes I convince myself that I should go for the big ones.

Did I mention a red M625?

Finally, there is my grail pen: a M9x0 Toledo.

Oh, and my birds keep telling me that the new box for 24 pens looks very cozy and they need it! :)

I'll probably add one or two M800's and the M1000 next year, depending on what else I buy and depending on selling a few (actually a lot) of pens that I hardly use. But, after 2 years buying quite a lot of birds, I intend to reduce/control my spending on pens - new year's resolution :D !

A '30's full Tortoise....that sea-green-blue '50's Tortoise.

Over the years I've lucked out into most of the basics.....outside the '70-80's which I avoided in none ever said if the nibs were semi-flex or not.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

A '30's full Tortoise....that sea-green-blue '50's Tortoise.

Those sound really nice Bo Bo. Do you have a picture or a link? I think I've seen pictures of the '30's version (red?) but the sea-green doesn't ring a bell.

The addiction has not progressed so far for me, as the rarities don't call to me yet and the more common range pens still appeal, and satisfy. Help me Lord and tie me to the mast if I ever hear the song of the ones you mention :crybaby:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I'm having a time trying to decide. Maybe an m800 demonstrator with m nib or an m1000 in black or striped green.

I threw an eye on the red stiped M600 and the grey M805. But I'll rather get the M600, as the other is a bit too expensive for me.

And I like the M205 in light-blue and blue marbled. One of them will be my next one.

I'm dreaming of a Toledo M900. Maybe one day I'll get one. :)

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

My initial plan was a M200 Cafe Créme to start. However I found a deal on a M400 Tortoise White I couldn't pass up and bought that one instead. I am still waiting for the all White M205 to come in and I just bought a M200 in the blue marble.

I'd like to add an M600 to the mix sooner or later, but I have also been eyeballing the vintage Pelikans too. I'm a sucker for a vintage pen...

The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!

Right now the grey Stresemann m400 is tempting me.

Longer term, the m450 or the 500 tortoise, or a sea-green tortoise, or a custom binde job... but I don't have a lot of money to splash around, so I shall just keep looking for the user grade 100s, 100ns, and 400s that sometimes pop up in flea markets.

Also very tempted by the 'cities' series... but I hardly ever see them and again, not really enough money unless I get very lucky indeed.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

@Lam1: Yes. Yes, I did.... :wallbash: I have this horrible feeling that it's somewhere under the leaves in the driveway, just begging to be run over.... :crybaby: And the worst part? It had KWZI Grey Plum in it....

@inkedinker: Hah! You did what I did (sort of). I was absolutely convinced I wanted one of the striated blue M400s. Nothing but blue for me. And then... there was this 1990s era M400 Brown Tortoise on eBay.... My husband (who is not a FP person at ALL) was freaking over the price, but I pointed out that (1) it was for a special occasion; (2) it was a LOT cheaper than a new Pelikan M400 would be; and (3) they no longer made the brown tortoise binde [okay, I got the pen a couple of years ago before Pelikan reissued the Brown Tortoise... (shrug)].

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

With my current collection of 0 Pelikans, I do definitely want to expand! :D

I'm hoping to pick up a M200, M215 or a M400 soon!!!

It's probably going to be the M400, either in White Tortoise or Red stripes.

I dream of having a M700 or a M800 in Brown Tortoise, although they are all just too expensive :unsure:

I must admit some of the Maki-E pens do also look *very* nice, I like pens to almost have a story - either of my own, or someone else's..

Have a nice day everyone!!

Edited by Kolyd

Bill, no picture or like but it's '50s'....seems somewhat like that modern green tortoise of a White 400, but not quite so loud. Is black capped or that brown so black...it looks black.

Might be shown over in Ruttiger's Pelikan com.

:o :unsure: :( $$$$$ and rare. :crybaby:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I quite like the m205 in clear blue, I've had it in my sights for a long time, the aquamarine sort of looks stunning, my holly grail is a dunkelblau m605, unfortunately way outside of my price range, even used. Won't even mention a demonstrator m805. I finally managed to see a marine blue m605 in person, didn't like the colour, too purple.

I have to confess instead of getting an m205 I got a faber castell pearwood ambition, and then a Sailor Pro gear... I have siiiiiinnnned! Part of this was to do with my m400's nib misbehaving. Another part was that... The pearwood looks stunning.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

right now i have 4 pelikan pen

- M1000 green

- P20 Silvexa

- M250 (14ct) NOS im planning to sell it

- M491 (18ct) NOS im planning to sell it

im looking for

- M800 brown tortoise

- M800 blue

- M800 Red

i like big pen, if those colour available in M1000 i will buy them in a heart beat

Edited by EdeIstein88

I was planning to see if there would be good offers on black m800 or blue striated m805 this years black friday. But I had to use that money on less than 20 grams of titanium, and two pieces of expensive plastic.

I would like to see one of those m450 tortoises in real life, as I suspect that it would remind me too much of one of those old fragrance bottles. I can almost smell... something while seeing pictures of m450's.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

My collection is pretty much where I want it to be, and I've managed to get the pieces I desired. I think if I were to add one more, it would be a M1000 Maki-e. Not decided on which one yet, though!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

A grey Pelikan 400 would be a nice addition to my flock, but I'm open to the opportunity that the market offer, so as if a good deal on the Stresemans (805/405) will appear then....

Alfredo

I have gravitated towards the M8xx line of late and seem to keep adding to the collection with releases of the older limited editions. I suppose if I stay on that track, a clear demo M800 (not engraved) and an M850 in black would be the next two that I'd like to obtain.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan