Diamine Oxford Blue

gylyf

My bottle should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered based on OP's review.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gylyf

• smose

• lgsoltek

• ParramattaPaul

Only joined this community recently. Studied the range of diamine ink to acquire. Ended up with 4 blue inks -sapphire blue and 3 darker blues - denim, midnight blue and oxford blue. My favourite from this lot is midnight blue, with Oxford blue second. Oxford Blue is darker with slight greenish tone compared with midnight blue (which is pure dark blue). Both suitable for work and yet classy, well behaved and saturated.

Only joined this community recently. Studied the range of diamine ink to acquire. Ended up with 4 blue inks -sapphire blue and 3 darker blues - denim, midnight blue and oxford blue. My favourite from this lot is midnight blue, with Oxford blue second. Oxford Blue is darker with slight greenish tone compared with midnight blue (which is pure dark blue). Both suitable for work and yet classy, well behaved and saturated.

Welcome aboard!

But only four blue inks - the evil inkmeisters have hardly got their claws into you so far <evil laugh>!

Does anyone know if oxford blue leave any stain on the ink window? I just acquired a newish aurora 88 fountain, and am wondering if I should load the pen with this ink.

Does anyone know if oxford blue leave any stain on the ink window? I just acquired a newish aurora 88 fountain, and am wondering if I should load the pen with this ink.

I haven't seen any staining, but I haven't used it in my 88.

Thanks for the excellent review.

As always!!!

:D

Thank you! :)

Welcome aboard!

But only four blue inks - the evil inkmeisters have hardly got their claws into you so far <evil laugh>!

I'm afraid the evil inkmeisters have truly caught me! I have much more of blue inks than 4 (that's 4 for diamine brand alone). Blue is one of favourite colours. My most favourite blue ink is Visconti blue but I use more diamine midnight blue for work. Am warming towards oxford blue - it is very saturated and dark, with tinge of green -> classy.

I haven't seen any staining, but I haven't used it in my 88.

Thank you! :)

Thanks. I decided to use oxford blue in montegrappa reminiscence instead; the ink flows beautifully and the pen was a delight to write with.

I can confirm that the ink is saturated and dark blue; appropriate to use at work. It is one of four pens currently in circulation.

I love some of the Diamond colors (including this one) but have had poor luck with them drying quickly enough for left-handed writing.

Interestingly, it is less an issue if you use cheaper paper. I presume using a dry pen and fine nib helps as well to reduce flow and therefore ink dries quicker.

I'm really fond of Midnight Blue and it's new cousin Oxford. I especially like them in my extra fine nibs. Midnight is nothing but dark blue, Oxford has some very subtle green and gray back tones that make it really interesting. They both flow really well, never give hard starts, and put down a nice dark blue ink line. The finer nibs tend to bring out the blues and character, in these two inks. Both show considerably darker in a wet medium nib.

I've had issues finding Oxford Blue. It's still not a household name. Had to hunt around at first. Recently, on my last two orders, I recieved Oxblood instead of Oxford. Now have three complementary bottles of Oxblood which is more of a brown. ..lol..

Nice job on the review. Thank you. Good to see this ink getting out there for people to see.

Thanks for an excellent review, gylyf. This is a very nice dark blue which I know I'll enjoy using on a daily basis. I'll be inking up my Sailor Earth pen with a zoom nib and take this lovely ink for a test drive. We certainly have a wealth of inks available to us in 2016 pendom.

Got a penful of this ink with a pen I purchased from Kingdom Note in Tokyo. As a service, they offer to fill your pen with any ink they have on hand. Loved it and went back later for a bottle. One of my favorites of favorite blues.

• 5 months later...

I'm really fond of Midnight Blue and it's new cousin Oxford. I especially like them in my extra fine nibs. Midnight is nothing but dark blue, Oxford has some very subtle green and gray back tones that make it really interesting. They both flow really well, never give hard starts, and put down a nice dark blue ink line. The finer nibs tend to bring out the blues and character, in these two inks. Both show considerably darker in a wet medium nib.

I've had issues finding Oxford Blue. It's still not a household name. Had to hunt around at first. Recently, on my last two orders, I recieved Oxblood instead of Oxford. Now have three complementary bottles of Oxblood which is more of a brown. ..lol..

Nice job on the review. Thank you. Good to see this ink getting out there for people to see.

I bought Oxford Blue from Vanness Pens. Same for a bottle of Twilight Blue.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this ink the moment I saw an example of it. In the UK it is, I believe, only four pounds ninety-five a bottle, yet over $15 here in Canada. The one hiccup I have had with it is that it does seem to take a while to dry - a problem with many Diamine inks that I have tried. It works very well in most pens, though, and I have used up a bottle of it in a few months.

Thank you for nice review ! It is helpful. Which pen did you use for this review ?

The review was done with a Pelikan M605, with a M nib.