I've heard that the release date for these new inks is 4th November; Fountain Pen Day, so I'm posting separate reviews for them on here. I assume they will come in the same type of bottles as the previous set of shimmer inks, but I haven't seen the retail bottles yet.

• Currently I only have samples that Diamine very kindly sent me to test, and to review 'if I wanted to', but I've noticed that my samples don't need much shaking to mix the particles in, and the pens need very little shaking once they are filled.
  • Generally speaking, I found all 12 of these new shimmer inks to be wetter than all of the other shimmer inks I have used.
  • I have had these inks in these pens for over 2 weeks now. Every pen/ink combination has started straight away without a problem, and I have experienced no stopping or skipping.
  • Some take longer to dry than others, and a couple just soaked into the paper straight away. The most saturated inks will show through and bleed through on cheap paper.
  • None of them are waterproof inks.
Diamine Shimmer Lilac Satin is a subtle lilac ink. It's not a heavily saturated ink and comes with silver shimmer. The silver shimmer shows up really easily. I used my Pilot Custom 74 that has a M nib and I had no trouble seeing the silver effect. This ink feels quite wet, but dries reasonably quickly.
The first picture is a scanned review form, and the second is a photo. These have been adjusted with Photoshop to get the colour you see to look as close as possible to the actual ink colour.
fpn_1478082036__diamine_lilac_satin.jpegfpn_1478082072__diamine_lilac_satin_ink_

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Bo Bo Olson

• Oranges and Apples

• Bhavna

Fabulous review, thank you! I loved the shading you got in the images.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Fabulous review, thank you! I loved the shading you got in the images.

Thank you, and you're welcome. :) Lilac Satin shades very well.

• 3 years later...

The picture is no longer available.

Quite a while back, I hunted through the Diamine Glitter inks, looking for shading in the first place...

I had a large list when I went to my B&M who had carried it for a short while. Ending up with four, only perhaps 1 of my top 4.......three I used some of with in a month, the other one, lay lurking.

My B&M called up today, my Ruby Star had arrived. So I went down and picked it up. It is more subtle or restraine; 'my eyes only glitter', not a glitter across the boardroom table.....very much like Tom's pictures of it.

I got it in B......It is not butter smooth, it don't slide off my Rhoda 90g paper; but still very, very smooth.

B is a nib even if it is a narrower traditional B (fat M) that should be wide enough for glitter inks.

It was a good excuse to use a glitter ink; I'd not used Diamine Shimmer ink, Lilac Satin until now.

Like all four of my Diamine Glitter inks, a bit more subdued than I'd care for. (Shimmering Seas, Tropical Glow, Brandy Dazzle and Lilac Satin)

However I'm sure the glitter in their black or grey inks would be more striking.

My Herbin dark gray and gold, the glitter stands out very well....Well having that Herbin ink was why I don't chase the glitter gray of Diamin.....and I don't do black ink............though 'new' (to me) shading black inks perks my interest.

Diamine Shimmer Lilac Satin, is a darker yet brighter color than French Lilac..... or close to a lavender which wiki, shows a Purple Mountain Majesty....lavender. It does shade, more in printing than in cursive....not stick in the eye shading, more...some here and there ...& on Rhoda 90g paper. :mellow: I would have called it a light purple...but looked up the color Lilac and then Lavender.....

I've nothing against the color; which will join my purple inks....

What I really don't like is having to turn the paper into the light to see glitter. ...well with out turning the page to the light, if one looks hard enough here and there a bit of shimmer...........but is not the stick in the eye glitter I'd hoped for. ...even when turning the paper into the light.....a bit to understated British. :rolleyes:

It does say a wet broad nib....perhaps I should use a semi-flex B or OB.....

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.