• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gylyf

• conib

• AndyYNWA

• amberleadavis

As a huge Sailor blue ink fan I think #58 is gorgeous. But I still love #17 and couldn't tell you which of the two I prefer.

Verba volant, scripta manent

As a huge Sailor blue ink fan I think #58 is gorgeous. But I still love #17 and couldn't tell you which of the two I prefer.

That was a bit of an overstatement, born of enthusiasm and the heat of the moment - there's ample room for both. :)

Thanks for the great enticement. Still, I probably won't bite because these goodies are too far away and too expensive and complicated to get. But... there is ample room for both here....

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

When I glanced and saw the wider nib used in your review, I knew you'd draw parallels between this and Setouchi and you did. :cP Though, I see what you mean.

It's not the same charmer in a finer nib, but look at that ink in a wide nib--I totally get why you love it.

Your review frames the delight it brings to you so well. Thanks for sharing it with us! :cD

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I'm glad I've got a bottle of this on hold, waiting until Edo-Murasaki can join it on its trip to me home. :D

I think you'll like this one!

This looks really good to me. I'm going to have to try some!

Thanks for posting!

My pleasure!

I'm glad I've got a bottle of this on hold, waiting until Edo-Murasaki can join it on its trip to me home. :D

They are selling edo-murasaki online? :o

Thanks for the great enticement. Still, I probably won't bite because these goodies are too far away and too expensive and complicated to get. But... there is ample room for both here....

Just noticed at Vanness website, they are now listing Sailor Kobe inks.

How does it compare to Sky-high? Or is my screen fooling me?

Not fooling you at all - they're definitely cousins. Canal Blue is just a little more intense and electric.

30367053930_da3e452ddd_c.jpg

Very nice. Thank you. I am still a fan of blurples. I like Island blue but it wasn't as wet as other of the Kobe inks. Maya Lapis is still my favorite.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Not fooling you at all - they're definitely cousins. Canal Blue is just a little more intense and electric.

30367053930_da3e452ddd_c.jpg

Thanks! Tempting... Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Just noticed at Vanness website, they are now listing Sailor Kobe inks.

Vanness says they picked up whatever stock Kobe had at the end of the DCSS. So it looks like a lot of the colors they just have one or two bottles. Vanness doesn't typically stock Sailor Kobe inks. So it would be a good time if there was a color you've bene wanting, maybe they have it now.

gylyf, what are the other swabs on that card?

gylyf, what are the other swabs on that card?

I'll post the full page in the Comparisons forum. To the left of Sky High is Souten, to the left of Hyogo Canal Blue is Usagiya Okayama no Souten.

Vanness says they picked up whatever stock Kobe had at the end of the DCSS. So it looks like a lot of the colors they just have one or two bottles. Vanness doesn't typically stock Sailor Kobe inks.

I spoke with Mike Vanness at the SF show about this; he definitely wants to carry Kobe inks and was trying to talk to Nagasawa about that, but unfortunately MIke had (at that point) been unable to negotiate a deal with them. He then said that he was continuing to work on that.

I sure hope he and Nagasawa are able to work something out, as I'd love to be able to buy Kobe inks in Vanness' 4ml samples. :wub:

Edited by conib