Ohio Pen Show 2016!

Federalist Pens

http://www.theohiopenshow.com

The Ohio Show is less than 3 weeks away!

November 10-13 at Dublin Crowne Plaza, Dublin, Ohio

We will be there- same spot as last year!

Looking forward to seeing Ohio Pen Pals!

Frank :)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trdsf

• inkstainedruth

• gweimer1

• TheRealMikeDr

This will be my second Ohio Pen show in a few weeks.

All I can say is that it was painful to miss this show two years in a row after being there in 2013.

Life sometimes gets in the way, but I am overly excited to get there this year.

I love the shows Terry puts on. They are fun filled with a lot of events thru the show.

I'm hoping my endorsement sways you to attend if you are even thinking about it.

http://www.chiltonpens.com/images/displaystyle.jpg

Well I am certainly looking forward to the show, and I will be bringing three friends who are getting into fountain pens. They are a attorney, a doctor and a mortician. I think I have all the bases covered with this group.

I just made my hotel reservations yesterday (not at the site hotel, but at one about 20 minutes away and nearly all highway driving). Sadly, I can only really go for Friday, and maybe part of Saturday, then I have to go back home and bake a pie for Sunday.

Main plans for this year are to get a couple of pens repaired, including the most recent Snorkel -- picked up when I was out in the Pacific Northwest a few weeks ago. Might pick up some inks, but I'm actually pretty good there. Beyond that, well, there's a few vintage pens that are my "sooner or later, if the price is right" list, and a few Esterbrook nibs that have so far eluded me (weirdly enough, that includes a 9556 nib -- which I thought I already had... :huh:).

Looking forward to it as always. Tried to talk the husband into going, because he works a 9-80 schedule and has that Friday off, but -- while he admitted he had fun last year at DCSS -- I just couldn't manage it. So I'll leave sometime early on Thursday, and maybe hit some antiques places on the way out. And maybe (if I have any money left!) on the way home.... :lol:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I will be there - my first pen show!

I've been working hard on a "pens of interest" list which will likely go out the window when I'm assaulted with the giant selection in person. I'm also working hard to sell my children on the black market in order to finance some of my purchases. Well, okay, that's not true - but I am working on strategies to buy pens without my wife knowing how much I'm spending. "Hey honey - I think I forgot to lock the car - can you run outside and check" etc etc.

We will be spending the day Saturday, staying the night, then returning home Sunday morning.

I will be there - my first pen show!

Ohio is a nice show. Not as big as DCSS, but bigger than some others. My first show was DC, and it was kinda overwhelming because it's just *so* huge. And while not exclusively so, Ohio's focus is on vintage pens, which I like.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ohio is a nice show. Not as big as DCSS, but bigger than some others. My first show was DC, and it was kinda overwhelming because it's just *so* huge. And while not exclusively so, Ohio's focus is on vintage pens, which I like.

Thanks Ruth - I have a number of vintage pens on the watch list so that's good to hear!

It'll be my second after last year -- I still haven't sorted out what my focus is going to be, getting a bunch of Estie nibs that I don't already have, or getting one super nice pen. Either way, it's going to be bad for my wallet...

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I'll be journeying over from the Chicago area - this will be my second show ever, the first being this year's Chicago show. Looking forward to meeting some pen folks!

Maybe we ought to put 'FPN: (username)' in the bottom corner of our name tags or something so we can bump into each other. :)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

Maybe we ought to put 'FPN: (username)' in the bottom corner of our name tags or something so we can bump into each other. :)

I always put my screen name on mine. I figured that I'd be more likely to bump into people from FPN that way (I wish that the day passes at DCSS were like that too -- I've met people there (like the fabulous Plistumi) sort of inadvertently.

Just wish I could be at OPS for the entire weekend. Why is it that my two hobbies always conflict with each other? :angry:

I'm going as well! i live just east of Columbus. I think I'm going to be there Friday, possibly Saturday. Not 100% sure though. Hope to see you all there :D

While I won't be a weekend participant this year, I will be there for the three days of the public show. I have quite a few items that I am going to try to trade. Trading has been pretty good for me through the years. I know that I am in the distinct minority regarding this, but it harkens back to a practice that was a bit more common in the early days of collecting and I have found some of the participants still enjoy doing it as I do.

And dare I mention that there's a Graeter's Ice Cream *real* near by the venue? :D

Weather looks great for the pen show weekend - temps in the upper 50's and lower 60's! Really looking forward to the road trip and mini get-away. Looking forward to returning home with some great loot too!!