Heya From The Uk :)

Kolyd

Heya!

Nice to meet you all :) I'm sort of new to fountain pens, I've been using them for maybe a year or so but was never really interested in them - I just used them. However after some life changes (Stopped gaming, it was a rather big addiction) I've started enjoying writing & pens a lot more. I've only ever had Lamy Safaris and I'm hoping to take a step up into the fountain pen world by acquiring a Kaweco AL Sport or something similar.

I intend to work on my handwriting too, it's kinda bad at the moment - I'm still in secondary school so I have to have an utilitarian approach unfortunately. Although I do want to start up calligraphy (or just fancier writing) too soon.

Apart from a developing interest in pens, I also enjoy cycling, hiking, running and rugby as well as computer programming.

Here's my current pen as well as my attempt and neat handwriting

http://i66.tinypic.com/epexwo.jpg

Nice to be part of the community :)

Thanks!

Edited by Kolyd

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rubedo

• Kolyd

• ThomasB

• Chrissy

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome !

The yellow is my favorite Safari, as well. When convenient, I write on lined paper. It helps me practice letter size and horizontal control.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Greetings and Felicitation... very wise to make that change mon ami....

Fountain pens will take all your money off you anyway... Nowt wrong with Lamy's,,, though dont like them myself, like the more classic look...Italix by Mrpen.co

Have a look on the Pen Habit and SBRE Brown via the ubiquitous YouTube to fuel the obsession.

Stick to Diamine ink and you wont go wrong plus its here in Aintree and you get a gallon of ink for the money you shell out on the others, seeing its mostly Diamine anyway with another wig on.

Bureau Direct.co and Cult pens.co ... well worth a look at. Just a recommendation for you Im not advertising Sir Moderator ...Please no,,, not the whip again,,, Im sorry...not the whip...oh ok then if you insist..... just a few.

So givus a shout is you want seeing were live in the UK... try that shout box effort on here or send us a note through FPN....

I can talk a glass eye to sleep...if you want me to...hmmmm Ive seen one of those too,,, another story.

Best wishes

Rubedo

BTW,,,, your writing is OK, a lot better than some. Have a look on You Tube... DenisBrown TV...Italix. or wikipedia Denis Brown.

Dont let it fry your head though because this guy is an absolute Artist.

Rubedo

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Glad you have joined us. This is now your place as much as it is ours. Please don't be shy. Ask all the questions you have and don't hesitate to state your opinions. I hope you enjoy your time here.

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Thanks all for the very kind comment! Wow you guys are active! :P

And I never knew there was so many YouTube channels dedicated to fountain pens! :lol:

Have a good day everyone! :)

Hello and welcome to you from Manchester :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to our humble group. We are all learning here, so don't hesitate to jump into any conversation or ask a question. You've discovered the treasure trove of videos on YouTube, also take a look through the archives here. Between the two you can find how to shop for, write with, and repair nearly any pen. And then there are the ink reviews.

You're handwriting is not bad at all. Just keep writing.