Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Removing Pilot Con-50 Converter From Nib Unit

Recommended Posts

I have an old-style, faceted Namiki Vanishing Point and wanted a factory stub nib for it. I made the mistake of buying one from Amazon that is like this one from Goulet Pens.
Pilot Vanishing Point Nib Unit, Black 1.0 mm Stub
I was able to install and use the nib unit, but the pen leaked. After some research, I realized that the CON-50 converter won't work in my old-style pen. I tried to pull the converter from the unit, but it wouldn't budge. Additional research leads me to believe that a nib unit purchased with a CON-50 converter will likely have the converter glued in place as per
Is there any way to separate the converter from the nib unit so I can use a cartridge or the correct converter? Would hot water or a flame work? I'm not concerned about sacrificing the converter.
Thank you.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SpecTP


  • Ashland


  • Jamerelbe


Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware, the CON-50 converter is not glued in - at least, not if you bought it from Goulet Pens. It's a pretty snug fit so requires a strong tug to remove. If you're not sure, consult with your supplier before getting too forceful...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...