• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• LizEF

• grainweevil

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some great examples posted of successful pairings :-)

I like inks that contrast with blue. My favourites are orange and dark blue (here it's Omas Orange and Levenger Empyrean) or a brighter blue with pink (here it's Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue and Ikaho Magenta - both with lots of sheen).

With apologies for a rubbish photo......

Verba volant, scripta manent

My favourite is red and blue:

fpn_1475925615__img_1436.jpg

Some others that may or may not work well together:

fpn_1475925598__img_1569.jpg

fpn_1475925620__img_1473.jpg

I don't think this combo works:

fpn_1475925598__img_1489.jpg

Actually I like the green and purple - the colours of summer tennis at Wimbledon :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Actually I like the green and purple - the colours of summer tennis at Wimbledon :-)

Also the colors of Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Ooops, I didn't think. :unsure: $$$

Perhaps cheaper dopplegangers will work almost as well together . . . Sorry.

No worries - I was teasing! :) It is unfortunate that none of the shops I use sell samples of this brand, but I may end up buying them anyway - I really like that blue, and the pink is fabulous with it. Honestly, before this thread, I had never considered using two colors on the same document - which is weird, because I often have two pens with different inks in them, and I often use lots of color for other things, just not note-taking and the like.

I was gonna say Skittles! :) (though the green isn't quite right for Skittles)

I'm sure I would also like green & brown together - reminds of of nature - unless I'm hungry, then it reminds me of beef & broccoli... :lol: Since I don't have brown, I may have to mix my green and red and see what that gets me... (Have to write a couple pens dry first.)

Oh noes, you've released the Kraken!

fpn_1476224461__img_2427.jpg

fpn_1476224528__img_2429.jpg

fpn_1476224557__img_2430.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

My usual pairing for work related things:

fpn_1476228863__img_3773c.jpg

Pilot VP stub with Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai (Violet-Blue) and Pilot VP fine point with Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki (reddish orange); Paper is from Cambridge spiral bound notebook available at Costco.

Other pairings I use frequently:

Waterman Inspired Blue with Waterman Absolute Brown.

L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Bleu Pacifique with L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Andrinople (lovely red shade)

Sailor Nioi Sumire (blue-violet) with Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin (bamboo green) - great combination for stub nibs!

Edited by DrPenfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

This is a coincidental discovery - got a Nemosine Singularity with a .6mm stub today, and decided to eye-dropper it with what's left of my Noodler's Apache Sunset sample. I also have some De Atramentis Adular Blue in a TWSBI Eco right now, and the two look quite nice together. (The colors aren't quite right on my screen, but I don't know how to fix it. The Apache Sunset is more yellow on my page, and the blue is a little lighter and brighter - the combo looks better in person.)

post-131827-0-59513200-1476569489_thumb.jpg

I ask myself this question daily, elated not to be the only one. Sorry it's 3AM and no pens in sight but here are some tested examples:

Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo and Montblanc Carlo Collodi

Teal & Orange

Herbin Terre de Feu and Noodler's Old Manhattan Black

Brick & black

Iroshizuku Fuyu Syogun and Montblanc Toffee Brown

Winter grey/blue and chestnut

Montblanc Royal Blue and Montblanc yellow

Montblanc Oyster Grey and Montblanc Corn Poppy Red