Buying Tomoe River Paper In Bulk?

mivox

I've kept an eye on that site for a while... It looks like that may have been a one-time, unusual circumstance sort of deal. It's been out of stock every time I've looked. But I keep looking, just in case. ;)

Sigh? I apologize, I wasn't trying to get anyone to do my homework for me! I was just on my way out the door to go to work when I posted that, so I didn't have time to look everything up right then. But thank you for the calculations. :)

I bought Bulk Tomoe in May. Nanami is an ongoing business, but you seem to over estimate the business model..real demand outside and inside our niche is small.

I would surmise it seems he buys quantity to be slow boated, then made/cut into what ever production run he has with x amount also set aside for "Bulk" sale. Seeing as someone buying bulk is not going to be buying multi reams a year, he probably has some sort of equation of estimated demand+how much Bulk estimated demand= quarterly order from Japan to replenish stocks.

The bulk Tomoe he sells is probably an offset amount purchased to hit quantity sales and discount models with shipping considerations.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mivox

• Mew

• Ikkoros

• Tintafuego

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not what I meant. That was more for me trying to explain that rakuten would be the cheapest for you.

Oh, OK. Thank you! :)

I bought Bulk Tomoe in May. Nanami is an ongoing business, but you seem to over estimate the business model..real demand outside and inside our niche is small.

[snip]

The bulk Tomoe he sells is probably an offset amount purchased to hit quantity sales and discount models with shipping considerations.

I will keep checking back on the site then. :)

I've kept an eye on that site for a while... It looks like that may have been a one-time, unusual circumstance sort of deal. It's been out of stock every time I've looked. But I keep looking, just in case. ;)

Sigh? I apologize, I wasn't trying to get anyone to do my homework for me! I was just on my way out the door to go to work when I posted that, so I didn't have time to look everything up right then. But thank you for the calculations. :)

As far as I can tell, Nanami has reams of Tomoe River in stock now with a two-ream ordering limit.

I am working my way through a ream I got from them quite some time ago.

As far as I can tell, Nanami has reams of Tomoe River in stock now with a two-ream ordering limit.

I am working my way through a ream I got from them quite some time ago.

They have the cream colored in stock. The white is out of stock and I suspect that's what the OP is looking for.

Thanks for the heads-up! :D I'll stop by their site.

They have the cream colored in stock. The white is out of stock and I suspect that's what the OP is looking for.

I much prefer their cream paper, actually. :) Edited by mivox

This will be in 2 reams of 2000 pages each. They do not ship outside Japan so you will need a forwarder.

I have bought from the Rakuten site. They say the do not ship outside Japan, but they did for me. I made the order via rakuten, then they contacted me to let me know price shipping by air and by sea, I chose, made the payment and they shipped the next day.

First time by air, took 2 months.

Second time by sea, first box took 2 months, second box took 3 months. That was because of customs.

That was shipping to Spain.

You are welcome to visit my blog: http://gatzbcn.blogspot.com/ and that is my shop: https://www.gatzbcn.com/shop

I have bought from the Rakuten site. They say the do not ship outside Japan, but they did for me. I made the order via rakuten, then they contacted me to let me know price shipping by air and by sea, I chose, made the payment and they shipped the next day.

First time by air, took 2 months.

Second time by sea, first box took 2 months, second box took 3 months. That was because of customs.

That was shipping to Spain.

I have ordered from them but never needed forwarding because I am in Tokyo.

Now I have bought bigger sheets directly from tomoegawa in 68gsm which I get cut locally, so don't need the rakuten vendor. :)

• 2 months later...

There is a link on Rakuten for 4000 sheets (4 reams). Let me pull that up:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-shikisai/item/50602/

Good luck with shipping. Not sure if they ship overseas so you might have to find a 3rd party to do it for you - say Tenso.

~Epic

Do you know if there are any Rakuten shops that sell 68gsm? That's what I prefer, but the search option isn't turning up anything for me. Thanks so much!

Do you know if there are any Rakuten shops that sell 68gsm? That's what I prefer, but the search option isn't turning up anything for me. Thanks so much!

Look up Taroko on Etsy (they have their own page too). They make notebooks with 68gsm TR and with the regular TR paper. I kind of gave up on the bulk/ream thing (for now). The shipping costs to my side of the world are gigantic. I would go for a massdrop buy if one ever comes up with a good enough price...I will be looking this thread just in case you find an interesting option

Look up Taroko on Etsy (they have their own page too). They make notebooks with 68gsm TR and with the regular TR paper. I kind of gave up on the bulk/ream thing (for now). The shipping costs to my side of the world are gigantic. I would go for a massdrop buy if one ever comes up with a good enough price...I will be looking this thread just in case you find an interesting option

If it helps, I just made a new topic about a group buy. I could potentially ship to you from where I am but not sure if you'd still want a ~45 CAD price for 500 sheets.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317325-tomoe-river-torontonear-to-group-buy/

If it helps, I just made a new topic about a group buy. I could potentially ship to you from where I am but not sure if you'd still want a ~45 CAD price for 500 sheets.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/317325-tomoe-river-torontonear-to-group-buy/

Hey! 45CAD for 500 sheets sounds good to me. But I don't know how much would shipping cost me. Any idea?

• 3 months later...

Ikkoros,

I'm transcribing the Bible. The size I want to create requires an A2 that I will cut down a bit. B3 works in a pinch.

If you purchase either the A2/B3, I'd happily join a bulk buy and cover the cost of 1,000 pages.

I'm in Seattle.

Cam

• 1 month later...

Just purchased and received Tomoe River A2 (Very large) paper from "Sakae Technical Paper" in Japan...i started via Tomoegawa, was connected to sakae Technical as Manufacturers for non-replenishable manufactured special orders, and made all arrangements and purchase and transport via Lion Office Products Corp.

Minimum order was 1,000 sheets of A2 Tomoe River (White or creme) as the minimum order @ $172 (19,000 JPY)

The delivery fee was $126 (14,000 JPY)

Total of $298 (33000 JPY)

I ordered through the following:

LION OFFICE PRODUCTS CORP.

TAKAO MATSUOKA
OVERSEAS SALES DEPARTMENT
7-3-7 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo Japan:160-0023
TEL:+81-3-3361-6392 FAX:+81-3-3361-7479
e-mail : takao.matsuoka@lion-jimuki.co.jp

I worked directly with Takao (San).

Cam

Edited by CamB