Edc: Which Pens Do You Carry Around?

RubenDh

No pouches or pen cases. Every day: one of my Parker 51s and one or two other pens, unless I'm going to a pen-hobbyist gathering and trying to entertain my lunch companions. In which case, possibly more than two or three pens.

The other pens right now are a newly acquired Parker 75 whose nib is in much want of improvement, which I hope to accomplish by writing with the pen, and a Parker Super 21, whose Octanium nib is in no want of improvement, to remind me that "you get what you pay for" is not always true.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mongoosey

• inkstainedruth

• bemon

• pajaro

None. All mine are in the office (spare bedroom) and I just use accordingly. A lot are in single Pelikan leather cases but I have a zip 10-pen leather case still to be utilised.

Having said all that, I recently bought a Pilot capless so that might get a few more outings, as it were.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• 4 weeks later...

I carry, at most, two pens with me when I am out and about. The first one is always my Pilot VP inked with DA Aubergine. The second pen changes often depending on my mood. Sometimes it's my Lamy Safari Dark Lilac inked with Noodler's La Reine Mauve, or Lamy Vista with Noodler's Black, or Nemosine Singularity inked with whatever ink sample I am currently trying out.

Normally these pens ride in a pocket in my purse, but I just recently purchased a Nock Co. Sinclair case, so will give that a go as well when it arrives this week.

It depends. I have enough pens inked at the moment that I can pick and choose what ones go with me (which is generally anywhere between two and six).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When I wear a shirt with a pocket, whatever I feel like carrying.

When I wear a shirt without a pocket, an Ohto Tasche in my pant pocket.

When I carry a bag/pack, a pocket protector with: two Parker 45s (Noodler's Forest Green and Liberty's Elysium), Sheaffer School pen (Noodler's Gruene Cactus), Baoer 388 (Noodler's Lexington Grey), a Cross Century BP and MP. And whatever else I feel like carrying.

In virtually all cases, the pens I carry are inexpensive pens, so if they are lost/damaged/stolen, it is not a significant financial impact.

The good/expensive stuff stays in the house.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Today it happened to be a Waterman 52 red ripple with Tender Purple and a Waterman 94 BHR with Serenity Blue. Obviously a terribly Waterman sort of day.

X

I generally carry whatever pens have ink in them (which could be as many as six or seven), without a pouch. I like having a choice of inks (every pen is filled with a different ink).

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

I usually have my TWSBI Eco and TWSBI mini with me.

The other 1-3 pens will vary.

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

At the moment I carry my Parson's Essential everywhere, I also carry my really battered Lamy Safari as well if it's a school-day. The Parson's Essential is filled with Waterman Serenity Blue, while the Safari is more for highlighted words or phrases for which I use J. Herbin Violette Pensée.

I do wish to switch it up, I hope to get a Karas Kustom Ink soon, in brass, which will be my EDC pen. Then I'll carry the Parson's Essential with Violette Pensée and the Ink with Serenity Blue.

It's sort of a boring set up I know :unsure: Works well for me though!

i always have one clipped in my shirt pocket; usually a cheap, workaday hooded nib. Hero 329's are great for this. the ink of course needs to be well behaved and do everything --- i used to use Noodler's Bulletproof Black, but i've lately found that Heart of Darkness dries marginally faster and is black enough.

i could do with a few more cheap, workaday hooded nibs, come to think of it. wonder what i can find...

I carry whatever pen I want usually in my shirt pocket.

Other than that, and alhough I don't use a pen pouch, lately I've taken to using a Kykuyo Systemic that handles B5 notebooks (I can fit 3 of them in there and if you really need more paper you could slip two A5 tablets on the outside, though this would be unwieldy). If you get the one that has the twin ring notebook in it, I think its subtly upgraded from the original: the strap around it is a little beefier and it has a flexible pen loop that handles pens of a decent girth. I carry around a cheapie in that - lately I use a Platinum Plaisir or a Preppy in it. I keep the Systemic in by bag and if I lose the Plaisir or Preppy or it gets banged up I won't enter a dark depression since those are fairly inexpensive though great writers.

I'll also carry around the Preppy or Plaisir in my pants pocket, especially during the weekend... earlier this fall I lost a Pilot e95s when it was in my pants pocket. Learned my lesson to use a cheapie if I do that.

Edited by Mister5

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Since high school, I have carried a Parker 45 fountain pen (1966). One has been in my shirt pocket, ever since. In recent years, I have carried, with it, whichever collection fountain is in rotation.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

A pen that I turned from reclaimed rosewood and put in a kit from Woodcraft. I left off most of the hardware.The replacement is walnut.

fpn_1477617414__continental_modified_003

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

I feel out of place here... I carry a Lamy AL Star in all flat black (black nib too) with a Lamy cartridge. I don't want o lose a more exciting pen when I'm out and about. It's got a fantastic fine tip that's always ready so I can't really complain about the performance.

The pen, is truly mightier than the sword!

I don't want o lose a more exciting pen when I'm out and about.

Same here. I carry a Pilot Prera, pilot Kakuno, or platinum preppy. I only have 2 good pens and they stay home.

Edited by Shaggy

• 6 months later...

Nemosine Singularity w/ Noodler's Ahab ground to EF & modified for flex (like a Pilot 912 FA)

Ink would be Birmingham Pen Co. Shenley Park Thicket Green, Fred Rogers Cardigan Red or Andy Warhol Pop Art Purple

Desiderata Icarus with PR Ebony Purple, Electric DC Blue, Cadillac Green or Black Cherry.

Montblanc Rouge et Noir rollerball in fine black (when a FP won't work)

All 3 in a hard black Visconti zipper case.

Edited by Bordeaux146

For the last couple of months I've been carrying a Caran d'Ache Madison.

I must admit it has surprised me. It is a slimmer pen than I usually carry, and it is lightweight. It is not much bigger than a Parker jotter, but slightly heavier.

The ease of carrying it - and using it seems to have won out - although it is rather fussy about the ink it takes. The nib puts a controlled amount of ink on the page, and so far hasn't leaked all over the place.

So, I have this one loaded with a blue ink so I can use it for work and other stuff, and I'll have a second with violet/purple for more personal correspondence. Although I seem to be moving to a less is more camp.

I always have a light blue leather case with a black Parker 17 (with black ink) and a matching pencil in my EDC shoulder bag. If I am out visiting clients it is supplemented with a Safari or Vista with blue ink in my shirt pocket - or something else; most of my pens get rotated for the shirt pocket except for a couple of vintage pens that always stay at home.

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

Always now in my satchel: an ss. Kaweco Lilliput,14K B ground to a 0.5 mm stub (Pendleton B.) with Kaweco wild raw leather pen pouch.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)