The Curious Case Of Aesthetic Bay (Singapore)

IndianElf

First of all, I'm a new user to Fountain Pen Network. I've been enjoying looking through the classifieds and reviews on some interesting fountain pens. This made me take the leap from my Pilot Metro (Sounds cooler this way) to a Pelikan M200 Tradition (The one with the green marble barrel). I bought it from Aesthetic Bay, which i thought was a Singaporean retailer, but they claim that I would only receive the pen in 14 days time. This seemed odd as it should not take more than 3 days to deliver me the pen if they kept their stock in Singapore. So, my question finally, is Aesthetic Bay not a Singaporean retailer? If so, it would be awesome if someone told me which country they belonged to. BTW: Aesthetic Bay stocks some really exquisite pens and they also do engravings.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IndianElf

• gerigo

• tamiya

Welcome IndianElf! I hope you always find what you're looking for here.

Yes, Aesthetics Bay has a shop in Singapore. But it does not mean buying from them online would mean it also comes from the shop. It could be from a warehouse in other parts of Singapore or even offshore. Either that or they have run out of stock and are waiting for more to come in before shipping to you?

Edited by gerigo

Thanks Gerigo for the warm welcome. I just received an email from a representative from Aesthetic Bay and they informed me that I would receive it shortly (under 3 days time). I believe that the website might be a little outdated and may have just displayed an automatic shipping time. So the curious case is solved after all. Once again, cheers to Gerigo for replying and I'll update this post about Aesthetic Bay when I receive the pen.

This seemed odd as it should not take more than 3 days to deliver me the pen if they kept their stock in Singapore. So, my question finally, is Aesthetic Bay not a Singaporean retailer? If so, it would be awesome if someone told me which country they belonged to. BTW: Aesthetic Bay stocks some really exquisite pens and they also do engravings.

Aesthetic Bay definitely has a B&M storefront in the ION precinct, I chanced there myself in recent weeks.

Not sure if they stocked anything as pedestrian as Metros or M200s, was overawed at all the crazy overthetop "pens" in their window & showcases... like a Toyota driver stumbling into a Lamborghini RollsRoyce Maybach dealership :)

Thanks to Tamiya for your insights. I completely agree with you. But I would gladly recommend Aesthetic Bay's website. It has a more easy going style and their representatives email back in under a day.

So. I did mention I'll update the post when I do get the pen. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet. Props to Aesthetic Bay, their representative has been in touch with me through this fiasco. The problem it seems is the delivery service that they used, which is SingPost. Calling it the most incompetent postage system in the world does it little justice. They have absolutely no clue where my parcel is. They have it, just nobody seems to know where it is. The website keeps showing delivery failures although no attempts were made, the person manning the counter at their branch office also consults the website and it has been a whole week. Honestly, if I drove to Orchard, where Aesthetic Bay keeps their pens, it would have take 2 hours maximum. And it has been a whole week. I'll like to end of this distasteful rant by giving a word of caution. If you are buying from Aesthetic Bay or any other domestic website which uses Singpost as a delivery system, try to arrange a personal collection. Especially if there is an urgency, in my case I'm flying to India on Tuesday.

Finally received the pen and i'm very happy with it. Singpost finally seemed to show some concern after me and the seller send complaints their way. The Pelikan M200 is a beautiful pen and writes as smooth as snoop dogg (not a real expression). Anyways thanks to everyone for responding and giving me advice. TIll next time.