Sailor Rikyu-Cha (2016 Japanese Version)

white_lotus

Lovely pics of a very good ink. I've used it a lot over the past 4 years or so and really enjoy it. I'll always keep a bottle or two on hand.

Enjoy & use your Rikyu-cha with abandon, knowing you can get a back-up bottle relatively easily :-)

Thanks. I've written a few pages in the journal already and I love the look of a full page.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rickygene

• migo984

• Tas

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone compared Iroshizuku Yama Guri to Sailor Rikyu-Cha in person? I have Yama Guri in my pen now and to me it looks a lot like the Rikyu-Cha samples I've seen on the web. I'm just curious if Yama Guri would be a good substitute for Rikyu-Cha?

Hi,

Pardon me for arriving late to the party.

I've contributed IRs of both inks:

> The initial 2010 LV iteration of rikyu-cha @ https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/174539-sailor-jentle-rikyu-cha/

> Pilot yama-guri @ https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/220115-pilot-iroshizuku-yama-guri/

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Hi,

Pardon me for arriving late to the party.

I've contributed IRs of both inks:

> The initial 2010 LV iteration of rikyu-cha @ https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/174539-sailor-jentle-rikyu-cha/

> Pilot yama-guri @ https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/220115-pilot-iroshizuku-yama-guri/

Bye,

S1

Never too late to the party Sandy, there still some dodgy drinks left. Let me look, I think there's a bottle of Cherry Advokaat somewhere......

Anyway, thanks for the comparison reviews. I agree with your assessment of these two inks. To answer NobleDei's question, in my opinion Yama Guri is not a substitute for Rikyu Cha. While they look close on the screen, to the naked eye Yama Guri appears mostly brown (with an undertone of grey-purple to my eyes). Rikyu Cha goes on dark murky green and changes as it dries to greenish grey-brown, but the final appearance is extremely dependent on the paper, pen and lighting conditions - that's why it's so much fun to use.

Rikyu Cha is the colour I was looking for when I bought Noodler's Catalpa all of those years ago and which remained on the shelf until it found a more deserving home a couple of months ago.

Edited by rickygene

I have not owned green ink for over thirty years, and I think I may change that now. I liked the advice in your last paragraph, and I am going to try to follow it. The wait may add to the charm.

I have not owned green ink for over thirty years, and I think I may change that now. I liked the advice in your last paragraph, and I am going to try to follow it. The wait may add to the charm.

I'm still on the journey that Arkanabar has so eloquently described in his recent post:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/306763-inky-t-o-d-oh-the-places-youll-go-or-waypoints-on-the-inky-journey/page-1

I've passed through most of the stages on that inky journey and now am at the point where I seem to be appreciating subtlety more. I've developed a real passion for inks which give a vintage look - blue blacks in particular. I find that Rikyu Cha has a subtle warmth which I'm not sure I would have appreciated a few years ago.

Edited by rickygene

To answer NobleDei's question, in my opinion Yama Guri is not a substitute for Rikyu Cha. While they look close on the screen, to the naked eye Yama Guri appears mostly brown (with an undertone of grey-purple to my eyes). Rikyu Cha goes on dark murky green and changes as it dries to greenish grey-brown, but the final appearance is extremely dependent on the paper, pen and lighting conditions - that's why it's so much fun to use.

Thanks rickygene.

Edited by NobleDel