Sailor Rikyu-Cha (2016 Japanese Version)

white_lotus

"They're coming..."

This time it is a good announcement of more Sailor "Four Seasons" inks.

Back in February it was announced in Japan that Sailor would re-issue eight inks in the Four Season line from the past in March of this year. Everyone wondered whether these inks would be released to North America, the EU, and other places where Sailor inks are available. But initially it was "Japan-only". But at the Washington DC Pen Show Sailor reps announced that these inks would also be available in the fall. Now I don't know if this means world-wide, the US, or what. My guess is wherever the existing Sailor Four Seasons inks are sold.

Recently I had the chance to order some inks from Japan and the shop had the Four Seasons inks in stock. Being a lover of muted greens I added Rikyu-cha to my order. I'm quite happy that I did. Anderson Pens already has the new Four Season inks listed at their site with pictures and swabs. And their swab makes this look like a brown ink. I definitely have a green ink. I don't know if this reflects a batch difference or between what is being released in the US vs Japan. Guess we'll have to wait to find out once the inks become available.

The usual papers Mohawk via Linen=Mvl, Tomoe River=TR, Hammermill 28 lb inkjet (Hij).

The ink is somewhat water resistant. It has great lubrication at the nib. Quite shady on MvL. Definitely more olive green than what is shown in the pictures which were taken with an old Nikon Coolpics P50.

fpn_1473543803__dscn1442.jpg

When I mention using the Hij paper, I'm trying to say that inks often feel drier than on the MvL or TR papers. I don't feel that here with Rikyu-cha.

fpn_1473543898__dscn1443.jpg

fpn_1473543920__dscn1439.jpg

fpn_1473544007__dscn1457.jpg

fpn_1473543945__dscn1434.jpg

fpn_1473543971__dscn1456.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rickygene

• migo984

• Tas

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As always, another thorough, entrancing review of an ink I originally only heard "whispered" reverently after it's disappearance from the Sailor lineup. Afterwards, Grenade & Epinard were lamented BUT never with the reverence I remembered when Rikyu-Cha was mentioned. I ordered mine from a Japanese seller on Ebay, as soon as I saw it offered; it surely didn't disappoint. Like your bottle, mine is also a green ink, altho a complex green it surely wouldn't be considered brown. Perhaps that is the beauty of the ink or perhaps the bottles available next month will more closely resemble the swab from Anderson Pens. I would probably like it as well, but not I believe as much as I have enjoyed this bottle.

Thank you for a beautiful introduction & review of an ink I never even imagine I would see for sale again.

Have you been able to compare this with Cigar? To my eye they are identical.

There has been a comparison in another thread. And yes, they are more or less indistinguishable.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

There has been a comparison in another thread. And yes, they are more or less indistinguishable.

I think I must be the only one who thinks they look different. I can definitely tell them apart on the page. In my ink swab and writing test 'album' they aren't even grouped on the same page. I even tried out different bottles of each, in case the original bottles had changed colour with age, but even the newer ones look different to me.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Defo buying some of this - thank you!

Available for ¥972 (£7.13 on current exchange rate) from Global Rakuten Komamono Honpo shop. Will ship using small packet or e-packet services, which are cheaper than standard EMS. Still took only 9 days last time I ordered.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/komamono-honpo/item/13-1005/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

Edited by migo984

Available for ¥972 (£7.13 on current exchange rate) from Global Rakuten Komamono Honpo shop. Will ship using small packet or e-packet services, which are cheaper than standard EMS. Still took only 9 days last time I ordered.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/komamono-honpo/item/13-1005/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

Thank you migo984 . . . sadaly got stung rather badly buy Rakuten last time I used them to buy a bottle of kyonooto nurebairo and in my finest BBC Point's of View voice I vowed to "never use them again".

I know, I know, nose and face etc but I'll wait till these inks make it over to a site where I stand a chance of winning a monetary dispute . . . :gaah:

Thank you migo984 . . . sadaly got stung rather badly buy Rakuten last time I used them to buy a bottle of kyonooto nurebairo and in my finest BBC Point's of View voice I vowed to "never use them again".

I know, I know, nose and face etc but I'll wait till these inks make it over to a site where I stand a chance of winning a monetary dispute . . . :gaah:

I must have placed well over a dozen orders with various Rakuten shops without any problems at all. The last order I placed was just a week ago and it went very smoothly. How did you get "stung"?

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

I must have placed well over a dozen orders with various Rakuten shops without any problems at all. The last order I placed was just a week ago and it went very smoothly. How did you get "stung"?

£10 ink £30 shipping. They were meant to confirm postage costs with me before dispatching. Next thing I know, credit card billed for £40 and a "your item has been shipped" email. No response to three emails from me. Bridge burnt I'm afraid.

:(

Ha. Thank you Bobje.

After a quick Google I tracked it down here too then had a deja-vu feeling come over me as the "shipping will be calculated and added to your total" message came up. I left.

Not desperate for this so will be patient. I defo want some though it looks lovely.

£10 ink £30 shipping. They were meant to confirm postage costs with me before dispatching. Next thing I know, credit card billed for £40 and a "your item has been shipped" email. No response to three emails from me. Bridge burnt I'm afraid.

Did you use PayPal or Credit Card?

If you use PayPal you can always not accept the bill and ask the seller to provide better shipping rates, I did that the last time I bought ink from Komamono Honpo and they got back with three different options for the shipping. I chose the cheapest option without tracking, it took 4 week before the ink arrived... Think I will go with a tracked shipping service next time.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Did you use PayPal or Credit Card?

If you use PayPal you can always not accept the bill and ask the seller to provide better shipping rates, I did that the last time I bought ink from Komamono Honpo and they got back with three different options for the shipping. I chose the cheapest option without tracking, it took 4 week before the ink arrived... Think I will go with a tracked shipping service next time.

Sadly Credit Card.

Barclaycard even less interested than Rakuten : (

Some you win, some you lose.

Thanks for your concern and advice though.

I think the ink being so gorgeous took my mind off the rip off.

I bought my second bottle via Amazon.

You should try using Komamono-honpo's "international e-packet" shipping option. I paid 1580 yen shipping to India for 4 bottles. Surely shipping for one bottle (assuming you would take rikyu-cha only, but do take others too) to U.K. Would be less.

Don't use EMS unless that's the only option and you do not have any other vendor to buy the same stuff from. After the rate increase, I have avoided EMS unless absolutely necessary.

£30 shipping on £10 bottle is very unreasonable, but I think that shop has fixed shipping charge Upton certain number of bottles.

Wow! Which Rakuten shop was that? I've never had that experience with any of my orders & the most I've paid for shipping was £16, but that was for 6 bottles. I've always been offered shipping options & rates, or I've just contacted the shop I've ordered from. Usually you are asked to confirm order, otherwise it's automatically cancelled. I do always use PayPal though & only pay once I've received the quote for shipping.

Re Engeika, lots of warnings around about him accepting orders for inks (and pens) that he doesn't actually have in stock; some orders do eventually arrive, others people have cancelled after waiting weeks. His site does not make clear that he may not hold stocks.

Ooh, I do love dark, muted greens. (I'm still hoarding my bottle of Epinard!) I may have to place an order when this becomes available stateside.

I'll come up with something eventually.

Has anyone compared Iroshizuku Yama Guri to Sailor Rikyu-Cha in person? I have Yama Guri in my pen now and to me it looks a lot like the Rikyu-Cha samples I've seen on the web. I'm just curious if Yama Guri would be a good substitute for Rikyu-Cha?

Edited by NobleDel