Taken aback by the beauty of those nibs. Wonderful showing, Tom!

~ geodesigner:

Thank you so much!

Mr. Axel Nier and the highly talented Bespoke Nib Team at Montblanc's Hamburg, Germany design studios crafted the three nibs.

They worked with me to tweak each nib to precisely fit my idiosyncratic writing and sketching requirements.

I can't say enough for their dedication to excellence.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• christof

• senzen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always been bummed out that I didn't have any good equipment for macro shots. I recently saw that a camera app for IOS had been updated and the newest version was also compatible with my iPad. It mentioned macros and I figured it was worth a couple bucks to try it out. I'm actually amazed.

With no add-on (physical) macro lens, this is a totally quick-and-dirty shot: lay the pen down on the desk, hold the iPad, take the pic. When I have time to set up a shot and get the lighting right, this is going to be fun!

TCJkZZH.jpg

1929 Parker Duofold Sr. Streamline

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Some spare Pelikan beaks... From left to right: Pelikan IBIS (130), flexy F/M, early Pelikan 100 in M followed by a trio of Pelikan 100N nibs. Really love the imprint on the 100 nib, too bad it is not so flexy though... That IBIS nib though, sweeeeeeeet... cant wait to find an intact IBIS to put it into. :)

fpn_1532779749__e7beed0b-e0d2-47a8-80d3-

What app is that? Great shot!

It's called Camera+ 2 (2nd version of Camera+). Clunky name but a very slick app that gives you much more control over the camera.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

My first FP (an M400 barely out of the box).

i-DvBk2C5-X4.jpg

Wow that's really a great shot! the Focus is on point!

What camera did you use and what are the settings for it? I gotta know :D

Thanks! That shot is from my trusty old Nikon D80 and a Sigma 150 macro lens. I usually shoot bugs but figured it was perfect for nibs too.

http://i63.tinypic.com/317fx1h.jpg

The Duro Pen 2, Churchill, The Duro Pen 2, Conway Stewart 770M, on a FK two pen holder.

Edited by darazs

Some spare Pelikan beaks... From left to right: Pelikan IBIS (130), flexy F/M, early Pelikan 100 in M followed by a trio of Pelikan 100N nibs. Really love the imprint on the 100 nib, too bad it is not so flexy though... That IBIS nib though, sweeeeeeeet... cant wait to find an intact IBIS to put it into. :)

I keep coming back to your photo. The exposure is so perfect - the black sections are clear, even the suede texture is apparent, yet the gold nibs aren't overexposed or too bright. I really like it.

Conway Stewart… 100 (CS Plymouth)

http://data.nimages.fr/100nibq46.jpg

Conway Stewart Marlborough

http://data.nimages.fr/arlb2028qx.jpg

Conway Stewart 100 (circa 1950 - duro nib #20), 60 (duro nib #60), 77 (duro nib #58) and 58 (duro nib #58)

http://data.nimages.fr/am3plum35i.jpg