I think it was intended as a dip nib, and that's how I use it. However, there are Falcon fountain pen nibs which look very similar, e.g. the Waterman in this thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/211178-waterman-14-with-falcon-nib-any-info/

I also have a John Holland Falcon dip nib (a bit bent at the tip):

WE2zJy2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/utQ9Ep9.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• christof

• senzen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. The Waterman falcon #4 is also a rarity, having an omega embrossed is not as cool as this. Thanks for the wonderful picture. The JH should be resurrected and perhaps both needs a custom feed. You think flexiblenib.com can make one for you?

• 2 weeks later...

I've really enjoyed the contributions, while not all pens are my style, the nibs are gorgeous. Today I finally had the time to play with the light; only an m205 is new since my first post (bought used), I particularly like how this first Sonnet came out:

fpn_1524937627__parker_sonnet_2.jpg

fpn_1524937883__parker_sonnet.jpg

fpn_1524937906__pilot_penmanship.jpg

fpn_1524937934__muji.jpg

fpn_1524938088__watermal_le_man_100.jpg

fpn_1524938201__pelikan_m205.jpg

fpn_1524938257__pelikan_m600.jpg

fpn_1524938285__sailor_pro_gear.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I've really enjoyed the contributions, while not all pens are my style, the nibs are gorgeous. Today I finally had the time to play with the light; only an m205 is new since my first post (bought used), I particularly like how this first Sonnet came out:

~ pseudo88:

Thank you for posting such a fine assortment of nibs.

The lighting on the nib surface against the dark background is so impressive.

Your style in these images is highly appealing to me.

Very, very nice.

Tom K.

~ pseudo88:

Thank you for posting such a fine assortment of nibs.

The lighting on the nib surface against the dark background is so impressive.

Your style in these images is highly appealing to me.

Very, very nice.

Tom K.

Thanks for your comment!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

fpn_1525075777__two_32s__eef_and_obbb.jp

Two Montblanc 32 Nibs — EEF and OBBB

Very nice! What does one do with an OBBB nib? Just titles?

B. Russell

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/329223-enjoying-montblanc-pens-broad-oblique-extra-fine-le-bespoke/page-1

~ pseudo88:

That's a very good question.

When I first came to Fountain Pen Network a few years ago, I was a confirmed EF nib writer.

I may well have remained so, had it not been for reading posts by Ghost Plane.

Her tireless advocacy of broader nibs made an impression on me.

Finally I inquired at a Montblanc boutique in Beijing about a B nib.

After that, I added a number of broad nibs in various dimensions, culminating in a BBBB Bespoke Small Signature Nib.

There are four OBBBs in my collection — three contemporary on Montblanc 149s, and one vintage on a Montblanc 32.

Many images of them and handwriting samples are found in the above thread. Other FPN members have also shared images of their OBBBs in that thread.

OBBBs are daily writers for me. They're versatile for rapid note-taking, personal letters, and sketching.

I've never yet used them for titles, as they're not broad enough for that.

They handle with deftness, offering considerable line variation. None of them are splotchy, leaving a wet mess on paper, but rather are well-behaved nibs.

As both Ghost Plane and zaddick know, OBBBs are versatile writers fully capable of frequent use as daily writers, even for those with somewhat crabbed handwriting.

It bears noting that I also use three EEF nibs, and greatly appreciate a slender line. Yet OBBBs aren't a paintbrush, but rather a normal nib which includes the possibility of above average expressiveness.

Tom K.

Oh my goodness! You have been deprived of one of lifes great joys. OBBB nibs are used for absolutely everything the stingy nibs are, except perhaps fill out tiny blocks on forms designed for ballpoints. The only difference is they give the lines distinct flair and allow fabulous shading using inks that might otherwise seem quite average.

Theyre really just wide stubs conveniently placed at a different angle. Here is a Visconti Homo Sapiens and Ripple 1.3 next to my OBBB Blue Hour for comparison.

post-6430-0-04465800-1525134228_thumb.jpeg

~ From left to right, the nibs are:

1. Montblanc 2000 Writers Edition Friedrich Schiller Bespoke Sketch Nib

2. Montblanc 2001 Patron of Art Marquise de Pompadour F Nib

3. Montblanc Platinum 149 OBBB

4. Montblanc Monotone Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Small Signature Nib

fpn_1525137125__four_nib_feeds.jpg

Four Nib Feeds

fpn_1525123175__bespoke_small_signature_

Bespoke Small Signature Obverse

I'd love to see a writing example of this extraordinary nib...

fpn_1525080406__comparison_of_two_large_

Thank you, very interesting explanation and pics!

B. Russell

Oh my goodness! You have been deprived of one of lifes great joys. OBBB nibs are used for absolutely everything the stingy nibs are, except perhaps fill out tiny blocks on forms designed for ballpoints. The only difference is they give the lines distinct flair and allow fabulous shading using inks that might otherwise seem quite average.

Theyre really just wide stubs conveniently placed at a different angle. Here is a Visconti Homo Sapiens and Ripple 1.3 next to my OBBB Blue Hour for comparison.

Interesting... Although I'm just grateful my writing is semi legible :lol: . Maybe some day... In a way I've been chasing a good match to my 20+ inks, but at a more basic level, that they look the colour I think they should. Today I'm trying with a Parker Sonnet and Fuyu Gaki, the pen evaporates quickly, but Fuyu Gaki seems to be hanging in there, i.e. does start darker but recovers... None of my greenish blues did.

B. Russell

fpn_1525169512__meeting_of_the_nibs.jpg

Meeting of the Nibs

I think a lot of people wouldn't mind having that shot printed and framed.

B. Russell