The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Back Online Again!

Dearest Members and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

NOTE: Your new login user name now is your old Display Name, alternative login option is your email address!

For more details, please check FPN News, here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356406-finally-back-online-again/?tab=comments#comment-4371649

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Rate Topic 0

Salutations and Hiyahs,

I'm not a techie, so the low-tech but quality workmanship of fountain pens attracts me.

Probably a bit of a tactile person, too, who likes the feel of a good pen and good ink on quality paper. That feeling is right up there with beautiful sunsets, college football, sausage gravy and biscuits, and the kiss from an English Bulldog (probably in that order, too).

Small starter collection of mostly Esterbrooks (a couple of Js and a few M2s), a Wearever Zenith, Diamond Point from the mid-40's, a Waterman's Ideal (barrel only, looking for a cap), and a few newer ones (YAFA, etc.).

One of the M2s is my daily writer, but I'm trying to get the smaller blue Diamond Point to work soon.

Thanks to all of you much more experienced collectors and aficionados who help those of us new to the hobby get our feet wet (with quality ink, preferably). I'll be picking your collective (pun intended) brains over the next few months.

Welcome !

Neither am I a "techie". In fact, I am digitally stupid. I have a few Esterbrooks, as well. I also like the lower-tier, lever-fill fountain pens. Many of mine are "rickety", but that is part of the fun in using vintage pens.

Of your joys of life, a football game lasts but three hours. A kiss from an Airedale lasts two days. From I bulldog, I am not certain that one EVER gets over it. :lticaptd: Biscuits and peppery sausage gravy was on the menu, whenever I visit my father-in-law, in Tennessee. Oh, yes. Chattanooga Moon Pies !

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Glad you have joined us. Glad to hear you have a few Esterbrooks. I, also, have a "few" Esterbrooks. I could sure go for some gravy and biscuits right now or anytime, for that matter. I assume that enjoying the "kiss of an English bulldog" is an acquired taste and I'm going to pass on that one.

This is now your place as much as it is ours. Please don't be shy. Ask all the questions you have and don't hesitate to state your opinions. I hope you enjoy your time here.

-David (Estie).

Edited by estie1948

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Welcome! (I'll skip the football and bulldogs, but the rest of your list is aces. lol)

I'm a computer nerd, but nothing you can do on a smartphone or computer beats a nice pen on a nice piece of paper... It's like sausage gravy: the true classics never lose their charm. :-)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The FPN is a vast playground, and I'm having fun following the threads and great information provided by this important resource.

Be well, all.

Charlie M. and Bucky the Bulldog