The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Dearest Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

Registration with automated checks is working again, with the introduction of our upgraded site!

You may do so here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/?_fromLogout=1

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Noodler's Brexit - Exclusive!

The Good Captain
Rate Topic 0

inkstainedruth

I got a bottle of Brexit last year at the Commonwealth Pen Show. My batch is a pale and chalky purple (somewhat similar to De Atramentis Jeanne d'Arc and the original Organics Studio Potassium). Basically think of a cross between what the original image that The Good Captain posted (but purple, not blue) and what Dark Audit posted (but a little lighter, although might be the crappy absorbent Piccadilly paper.

On the plus side, it's very fast drying on that paper (between 5 and 10 seconds), and appears to be pretty waterproof. I'm not seeing much of a difference between that and the not watered writing on that paper. I'm also not seeing much of any showthrough/bleedthrough. But the color is really flat looking (I would definitely call it chalky). And it had some spread. The lightness makes it a little hard to read, although I've seen worse inks in that regard). Almost no shading that I'm seeing.

I'm glad I bought it, but I don't think I'd buy another bottle of it.

It reminds me of a lavender version of Upper Ganges Blue for water resistance but also for the blah chalky pale color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• amberleadavis

• DarkAudit

• AndyYNWA

Thanks for the review, it's great !

I really like subdued inks but this one is too "flat" for me. On cream paper, it may be quite charming.

I would only buy it if I needed the bulletproof characteristics. The water trial is quite impressive.

I love Noodler's labels more and more though.

It looks to me like an ink that can't make its mind up.

:) so true...

iPad, Midori passport and MD notebook, Quo Vadis Habana, Watson-Guptill sketchbook