• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• inkstainedruth

• FLZapped

• AndyYNWA

I like the color, but after hearing about Baystate Blue and its ravages, I wonder how safe Brexit is?

I've had no trouble with it at all. It started first time in the TWSBI 580 I bought to put it in, after a week's inactivity, standing upright in a pen pot. As also did my Kaweco Dia 2, dedicated to Baystate Blue.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

So, it looks chalky ... is it? Thank you for the review!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So, it looks chalky ... is it? Thank you for the review!!

I'm never really sure what 'chalky' really means, when referring to ink. However, I love the colour and it's nice to be able to buy a Noodler's product that's a UK exclusive, now and again.

According to Ross at Niche/Pure, sale of Brexit and Monkey have been going outstandingly well.

HUZZAH!

The Good Captain

Thank you!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

8tImB7.jpg

Don't know where my comment went the other day - nice to see this written beautifully!

Edited by The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Another UK exclusive from Noodler's - BREXIT! Available from Niche Pens/Pure Pens here in the UK. A smashing bullet-proof ink which is a deep/royal blue, possible with slight purple undertones. It reminds me a little of a 'dark' Diamine Imperial Blue or J Herbin's Bleu Nuit.

Here's what Ross and his team say:

fpn_1472120511__brexit.jpg

New and exclusive Royal Blue/Purple Bulletproof Ink in 3 oz glass bottle (Approx 90ml)

Nathan Tardif is a follower of world politics and current affairs, with a soft spot for the United Kindom.

When the UK made the momentous decision and voted to leave the European Union, Nathan had the idea of making an ink to mark this event.

A tongue-in-cheek label suggests that the UK have come around to the idea of independence from a sovereign ruler in another country, much like their own former colony did a couple of hundred years before!

Incidentally, there's a lovely little story on the label which I'll type here.

'An Apology to His Majesty, King George III of The United Kingdom.

We humbly regret that at long last we have come to agree with the rebels in the colony of Massachusetts that liberty is worth the risk of defiance to all the powers of the sovereign (particularly the bureaucrats in Brussels).

So humbly and regretfully sorry about this, but we do send good wishes. The ink is royal purple, eternally bulletproof and pH neutral so as not to risk further offence to His Majesty.'

Note: not my political views, one way or another - just what's written on the label!

It's a nice ink but a little prone to a bit of feathering on some papers. As usual. the written review is on Rhodia 80g/m2 and the soak tests are on 'indifferent' paper.

fpn_1472120387__brexit_0001.jpg

I like this ink more than Monkey Hanger, as it is a deeper colour. It will make a nice change to Prime of the Commons!

Here is what the original Upper Ganges Blue looks like, this is from a 2008 review:

post-13126-1213952735.jpg

Here is what the original Upper Ganges Blue looks like, this is from a 2008 review:

post-13126-1213952735.jpg

Pretty damned similar, don't you think?!

The Good Captain

Pretty damned similar, don't you think?!

It does from the original formula. Supposedly Nathan fiddled with UGB and it's a somewhat different color now. I still have a bottle of the original formula.

-Bruce

Edited by FLZapped

• 6 months later...

My ink cupboard is bare. I have no blue. I need a blue. Siri says my total with shipping to the US is about $21.

I now have a blue. (or will when it arrives) Sold. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My bottle just arrived. Blue? What blue? Mine is a flat-out grape juice purple.

http://i.imgur.com/XQdftAg.jpg

My bottle just arrived. Blue? What blue? Mine is a flat-out grape juice purple.

http://i.imgur.com/XQdftAg.jpg

Oh dear. :(

We should swap. My La Couleur Royale had no purple in it at all:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_la_coulour_royale_swatch.jpg

Oh my, I need to go look at these.

With respect, I have to say I have a problem with people cashing in on events in another country to sell stuff. Brexit, whether one supported it or not, is a very complex issue that has upset hundreds of thousands of people very deeply. I think it's a bit offensive to take it so lightly.

It's the equivalent of making a Trump ink. (Yes, I know he did Bernie).

R.

To be sure it wasn't operator error and be sure nothing had settled in shipping, I gave the bottle a shake before doing this swab. Still no trace of blue.

tumblr_op1v1tpbMV1qi7c6jo1_540.jpg

At least the order page now (if it hadn't before) calls it a purple.

Maybe I'm at fault for expecting something this was never going to be. At worst, I don't need a purple ink in my collection now. So it goes.

With respect, I have to say I have a problem with people cashing in on events in another country to sell stuff. Brexit, whether one supported it or not, is a very complex issue that has upset hundreds of thousands of people very deeply. I think it's a bit offensive to take it so lightly.

It's the equivalent of making a Trump ink. (Yes, I know he did Bernie).

R.

Agree...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

• 1 year later...