• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gylyf

• Chrissy

• migo984

• Mew

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Sailor Jentle bottles, but do use with the Nagaswa bottle holder.

I don't and I don't have any special bottle holders to try and improve the poor design of any of my bottles.

I was happy I bought the empty (tall) vase bottles when "those nice folks @ Vanness sold them last year," mighty handy to use for decanting the short bottles. The TSBI inkwell is also helpful when using a piston filled pen.

I was worried about my "old, taller bottle of Sweet Potato Yellow" being frightened by the shorter Purple bottle, but they are seem to have recognised each other, despite the difference in packaging & are sitting happily on their top shelf, side by side, with the other tall bottles, "looking downward @ their "shorter" relatives below.

Those jar bottles... you can't fill even a Sailor pen from them! If I'm to give it a hashtag it'll be #EpicFail.

+1 for #EpicFail :D

I was happy I bought the empty (tall) vase bottles when "those nice folks @ Vanness sold them last year," mighty handy to use for decanting the short bottles. The TSBI inkwell is also helpful when using a piston filled pen.

I was worried about my "old, taller bottle of Sweet Potato Yellow" being frightened by the shorter Purple bottle, but they are seem to have recognised each other, despite the difference in packaging & are sitting happily on their top shelf, side by side, with the other tall bottles, "looking downward @ their "shorter" relatives below.

I have a couple of TWSBI inkwells too. They are very good if you are filling converters, but not so good if you want to fill a piston filler, as the caps are tricky to get off, and can cut your fingers. I know this from personal experience. :(

I also bought an empty BB vase bottle from Vanness, when I bought my SPP. ;)

I have a couple of TWSBI inkwells too. They are very good if you are filling converters, but not so good if you want to fill a piston filler, as the caps are tricky to get off, and can cut your fingers. I know this from personal experience. :(

I also bought an empty BB vase bottle from Vanness, when I bought my SPP. ;)

"Great Minds......." I am happy to know someone else who thinks ahead! AND I had no idea then that they would be replaced, but then again, who would have thought a Sheaffer bottle would be unique?

I don't and I don't have any special bottle holders to try and improve the poor design of any of my bottles.

But you decant into TWSBI inkwells...... Errrrmmm LOL

Verba volant, scripta manent

I've given a few friends friends empty Sailor-type 'vases' and other types of bottles as they were looking for something to decant the 30ml Diamine bottles into, as they can't even get some nibs into the neck of those. Oster bottles are great.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Some time ago I sent Diamine a request to reconsider the design of their 30ml ink bottles, listing many, many pens that you cannot fit into the neck of the bottle to fill them. Given the new labelling I have to concede that appearance is obviously much more important than functionality. I apologise for being so unworldly.

But you decant into TWSBI inkwells...... Errrrmmm LOL

Who said anything about decanting into TWSBI inkwells? I don't decant into TWSBI inkwells. I just bought two that I happen to use for a couple of ink mixes.

Lot's of people on here don't like Sailor bottles. I'm not the only one.

So stop trolling me.

Some time ago I sent Diamine a request to reconsider the design of their 30ml ink bottles, listing many, many pens that you cannot fit into the neck of the bottle to fill them. Given the new labelling I have to concede that appearance is obviously much more important than functionality. I apologise for being so unworldly.

I'm not a fan of Diamine 30ml plastic bottles either. I can only assume that making the ink to a price is the important factor. :)

I have 95 vase shaped bottles, so I can safely use the jar bottles for eyedropper pens without running out of choices for C/C and Vac filler pens.

I probably would never do what people do: use vials, syringes, inkwells, contraptions etc etc. I think it's fair to ask for reasonable bottles and flip the bird when those are not provided.

Here is a link to some other ink swabs in that broad colour range that I posted in a thread about Writing Lab Old Burgundy. It includes SPP.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2016/post-100486-0-88609100-1456073294.jpg

Old burgundy is :love:

While SPP is nice, I much prefer Ikaho Magenta:

fpn_1461207600__ikaho-comp.jpg

fpn_1461207737__ikaho-with-sweet-potato2

A bit cheaper and more easily available too. Your reviews makes me want to get one now.

I have 95 vase shaped bottles, so I can safely use the jar bottles for eyedropper pens without running out of choices for C/C and Vac filler pens.

I probably would never do what people do: use vials, syringes, inkwells, contraptions etc etc. I think it's fair to ask for reasonable bottles and flip the bird when those are not provided.

Old burgundy is :love:

A bit cheaper and more easily available too. Your reviews makes me want to get one now.

Ikaho has amazing sheen.

They pop up from time to time at some Chinese sellers'. One of the perks of living in China (but sadly I'm leaving for France soon).

Thanks. No problem, I'm happy to stick with SPP and Yama budo. :)

Ikaho Magenta leans a little too magenta for me (duh - what else could I expect from an ink called Ikaho Magenta) - that's also why I eventually got rid of my bottle of Kobe #6. They're very pretty inks, just not for me. SPP is very close to #6, but the former is a little darker and more saturated, which I like.

Old Burgundy remains a trail ink for me.

As for the bottle discussion, I don't love the squat Sailor bottle, or its useless plastic insert, but I can't imagine depriving myself of an ink I like because of poor bottle design.

PS: If anyone has Joyful-2 Purple Heart, I'd be interested in how it and SPP compare.

Edited by gylyf

Kobe #6 and sweet potato purple look pretty close, and I didn't like #6 because it came out too pale with F nib. :|

Any comparison with old burgundy?

Hate the vase bottle for reasons I've rattled off in other threads. For my needs and general practicality, the jar bottles are a delight!

Ikaho Magenta is a lush, rich color, Mew. I'll try to make a swatch of it later today and send it to you (for additional reference). I think you'd like it.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life