New Zealand Pass Around Ink Sample Library?

HarrietHippo

Very keen on a Christchurch meetup! I was going to shoot out an email, glad you brought it up before me. :) I'm very interested in the Akkermans. Haven't got anything especially exciting to share though I've got my Pelikan and I've got a bottle of Voice Blueberry Pie coming soon.

Hi,

Yes a Christchurch meetup would be great. I only got a 1 maybe 2 new ones. The Robert Oster Blue Water Ice I bought a month ago is very nice. :-)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HarrietHippo

• Cdub24

• Stitchpunk

• jmcollis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm also Interested, but as a student on a tight budget, I don't have the most inks, I can talk to a few people at the school I attend who also use fountain pens, I'm in Hamilton btw

Hi OdaNobuneko. No worries, the box is overly full and made for people being able to try out a plethora of inks, finding out what they like, and then being able to make a few decisions! PM me your details if you want to join the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the Aussies are interested so definitely an avenue there. Any interest in one last NZ round before it heads overseas? New and improved with paper sample selections now too haha.

• 5 months later...

Box has done the rounds again and ended back up with me. Got some more Diamine and Robert Oster additions, and looks like some of the Sailor and Iro inks have been popular :-)

Anyone want to participate before winding this project up? If we dont have any takers then product will end up in a stamping session at local Playcentre :-)

Currently Boxed

33713922_2176201335729439_25786475851200

Edited by HarrietHippo

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to register for Pelikan Hubs. Would be great to have another get together in Christchurch.

Hi

Id love to have it one more time if thats possible

Cheers

Craig

Sure thing! Have floated the box around FB's Fountain Pens NZ. Will PM you the list.

I signed up earlier today as well. :) Hopefully we get a great turnout this year.

Yes I've signed up too. Looking forward to see you all again!

• 2 years later...
On 9/2/2016 at 8:28 PM, HarrietHippo said:

Great sounds like we have a few interested people and this may get off the ground. I'll get hold of some vials.

I like the Diamine range too peteraitken, there certainly should be a colour for everyone in there somewhere but it’s almost overwhelming at times. The paradox of choice! Even the 30ml samples will take a while to use up. It would be great to try out a few more.

I haven’t tried any of the J Herbin, R&K and Montblanc inks kelvinkeh but would love to do so 🙂

I was hoping for at least 6 people, but what the heck let’s just get this going for fun? If there aren’t that many of us keeping the box up to a month should be fine?

So we have:

HarrietHippo Auckland

Kelvinkeh

Cdub24

Peteraitken

Can you please let me know where abouts in the country you are? The list may need re-juggling to make sure the package isnt yo-yoing between islands but its a start.

Hello Did this idea eventuate? Im in Tauranga and interested to interact with FP enthusiasts in NZ. My main interest is 1950 MBs.

Paul

Hi PJNZ. The box did the rounds a few times in NZ and ended up quite large! I think it was last seen headed to Australia or got deposited with someone at Pelikan Hubs.

• 2 months later...

Hey Kiwis

I’ve got an ever growing collection of empty ink vials here from samples that I feel bad about just throwing in the bin and I dont think they can be recycled.  I thought surely the most eco thing to do would be to use them again by mailing out samples to any interested parties.  I’m happy for people to choose up to 5 x 3ml samples. Limited to 10 people and ink availability. Free NZ Postage post lockdown.  Surely that is most of NZ FPN haha.  Add some colour and happiness into another anxiety inducing year. 

Diamine Autumn Oak
Diamine Blue Velvet
Diamine Safari
Diamine Carnival
Edelstein Topaz (custom mixed with a little Diamine Midnight to make slightly darker)
Edelstein Olivine
Sailor Yama Dori
Sailor Oku Yama
Sailor Tokiwa Matsu
Iro Ajisai
Iro Yama Budo
Iro Syo Ro
Iro Shin Kai
Iro Ku Jaku
Iro Kon Peki
Iro Asa Gao
Iro Tsuki Yo

Hi Harriet, just wanted to send a big hello from Riwaka. I'm doing pretty well for inks at the moment. Just got a good consignment in from Tasmania last week.

Also going through a 'blue' phase so not using many other colours.

Good luck with other kiwi's. there may be more than you think on FPN

Kind wishes, Gary

πTom

@Gaudi95 ooo, where in Tasmania are you sourcing things? Presume this is a Robert Oster fetish?

I don't think I've graduated from the search for the perfect blue stage 😛 

@PJNZ, and anyone else, PM me your details and address and I'll get something out to you. Have fun.

Hey Harriet, I have one only R. Oster ink named 'Motor Oil'! Probably not the colour of brand new oil but maybe after 10,000 km!

Last time I checked they were moving shops but probably still in Launceston, Tasmania. The website will confirm how the move has gone.

Look for the 'Van Dieman's Ink' website. There was recently a '50ml for 30ml' price deal but it may be finished now.

I'm still undecided about the colours I bought. They may be a bit 'lightweight' for my taste. Don't know why it reminds me of 'food colouring'.

Can't quite put my finger on it but I'll reserve my decision for now. 

My order took roughly a week to get from Tasmania to Melbourne, a week to get through Melbourne Airport and 2 days to get from Auckland to me in Motueka. So...not too bad for AusPost.

I would appreciate your opinion if you end up trying it

Cheers, Gary

πTom

Haha I liked your idea of motor oils, you should have New Car, 10,000kms and Major Oil Change versions of ink 😛 

Those look like nice inks, but I already have too many!  But .... hmmmm

• 1 month later...