What's A Reasonable Waiting Time For A Sailor Pen To Ship?

glorfindel

I think that you are misunderstanding what I said. The deceptive part is letting your customers believe that you HAVE stock when you really don't. If Taizo had said that it needed ordering then I could have made a decision based on that information. However, what happened was that he took my money first and THEN told me it would have to be ordered. This means the decision was taken out of my hands.

That is a deceptive practice.

If I had known about the ordering status before paying my money I probably would have gone somewhere else. Now, whatever happens, I will be reluctant to do business with Taizo again because of this. So he loses a potential customer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• glorfindel

• Erik Dalton

• Algester

@EoC:

Exactly my thoughts.

If you do not have it, then give reasonable estimate of time needed to get it (on top of shipping time estimate).

If you state item availability as: "on stock" than you ought to be able to ship it on the next working day after receiving my order.

Otherwise PayPal's Buyer Protection or Charge Back procedure may kick in.

Indeed. I have made an inquiry to the vendor. Essentially it's a 'send my order immediately or refund my money' proposition. I don't expect anything by way of apology, as that seems to be a forgotten courtesy these days.

I am bitterly disappointed though. My order was for 4 Sailor inks - kinmokusei, waga usuigu, rikyucha and chushu. In my position - geographical, social, economical, take your pick - the chances of getting these inks at less than eye-watering prices is rare, but not so rare as to accept such a run around from a vendor.

For my part it means I miss out these inks, and the vendor gets a complaint against poor business practice (which I have little doubt they will shrug off without a care).

Indeed. I have made an inquiry to the vendor. Essentially it's a 'send my order immediately or refund my money' proposition. I don't expect anything by way of apology, as that seems to be a forgotten courtesy these days.

I am bitterly disappointed though. My order was for 4 Sailor inks - kinmokusei, waga usuigu, rikyucha and chushu. In my position - geographical, social, economical, take your pick - the chances of getting these inks at less than eye-watering prices is rare, but not so rare as to accept such a run around from a vendor.

For my part it means I miss out these inks, and the vendor gets a complaint against poor business practice (which I have little doubt they will shrug off without a care).

EoC - you could grab a bottle of kinmokusei direct from Voice shop on Global Rakuten for a very reasonable ¥1000 + shipping.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/voice/item/13-1005-215/

I've bought from them for shipping to Australia & they were very efficient & quick. They might possibly have some of the other inks you want; I haven't checked. Obviously buying more than 1 bottle spreads the cost of shipping (they publish shipping weights etc).

Verba volant, scripta manent

Thank you. I have had a look around on Rakuten in general but can only find one or two of the inks I am interested in. Normally I go through j_subculture or Rakuten (though I believe both are more or less the same thing). In the current instance only Engeika was (apparently) carrying them, otherwise I wouldn't have gone there.

I'll wait and see what so of response I get from Taizo first of course, though I expect it to be a disappointing one.

@eoc

I had the same experience while buying Rikyu Cha. It was in stock, and I wanted to try out Engeika, despite it having mixed reviews. I will personally never purchase from Taizo again for a deceptive in-stock value. I am expecting my order to come in by the end of year (laughs). Kingdomnote sometimes stocks the re-released Sailor inks, so it is worth a look there also.

@eoc

I had the same experience while buying Rikyu Cha. It was in stock, and I wanted to try out Engeika, despite it having mixed reviews. I will personally never purchase from Taizo again for a deceptive in-stock value. I am expecting my order to come in by the end of year (laughs). Kingdomnote sometimes stocks the re-released Sailor inks, so it is worth a look there also.

Kingdom Note had some. There was a bottle of Rikyucha a 10 days ago but that went.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

+1 ...I've had similar Sailor experiences. Now I watch for in stock items as they come up only.

If you are a Sailor addict, you have to acquire a certain patience while waiting for the perfect cherry blossom to appear.

For the limited edition line that may be true, but these are all the inks that are in the regular line-up this time around, so I didn't expect there to be any issue in getting them.

Actually, I've got Sailor yama dori and oku yama arriving in the next two days (it's already in-country). That's a second order to go with the already received tokiwa matsu. These were from j_subculture, who have been pretty much perfect so far.

Had a reply with a not very good excuse. Said that they will try to get them shipped as soon as possible, but of course that means more delays. At the end of the day it's only ink, not some life-giving elixir.

Should I wait or simply request a refund and take my money elsewhere?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: on the plus side today I received bottles of Yama dori and Oku yama from j_subculture. Shipped and arrived very quickly.

Unless you can find a better price or have an immediate need for those specific inks I'd just wait. Waiting can be frustrating but with regards to a fountain pen hobby isn't like to hurt anyone.

I'm fed up with waiting. In fact I'm a bit fed up with being treated shoddily by both retailers and some enthusiasts to be honest. We're in ultimatum time. Ship this week or refund the full amount. It's all on PayPal so I don't have to get down in the mud myself.

I'm fed up with waiting. In fact I'm a bit fed up with being treated shoddily by both retailers and some enthusiasts to be honest. We're in ultimatum time. Ship this week or refund the full amount. It's all on PayPal so I don't have to get down in the mud myself.

Totally within your right to do. I forgot to consider that the retailer claimed the item was in stock when you ordered; that does change things. Good luck!

Had a further communication to say that the inks were sent to the delivery people. Against my better judgement, and because I am already hip deep in this, I am giving Taizo one final week. He has said that he will give me a tracking number soon. If that is not forthcoming over the next few days... well, I don't think anyone could accuse me of not being fair if I demand a refund.

There are major disruptions in the "Asia to the US", shipping industry going on right now. Most things that come from Asia get here by container ship. We just had one of the largest operators go bankrupt. All those ships with cargo can't dock because there is no money to pay the port fees. Other lines are also hurting. It will take a while for all this to shake out. You can still order from Asia it will just take longer for a little while. Be patient, order locally, or from Europe.

I have a Sailor pen on order from Fahrney's. Been over a month. Now they are saying October.

I'm not upset because I know it's tied up in this shipping mess.

Also, they just finished widening the Panama Canal. So the bigger ships can now sail from Asian ports all the way to the east coast without first unloading in California. It will take another 5 days at sea. East coast ports are building up to handle the increased traffic, but there will hiccups along the way.

All this is going on while we wait for our pens...lol..

There are major disruptions in the "Asia to the US", shipping industry going on right now. Most things that come from Asia get here by container ship. We just had one of the largest operators go bankrupt. All those ships with cargo can't dock because there is no money to pay the port fees. Other lines are also hurting. It will take a while for all this to shake out. You can still order from Asia it will just take longer for a little while. Be patient, order locally, or from Europe.

Sure. But the problems you're describing will hit you *after* the item has been shipped.

The problem with Engeika, it seems, is that items don't even get shipped.