Robert Oster Signature Inks – Part 4

Cyber6

You do realise Cyber6 that a freshly drawn mermaid will now be a pre requisite to every ink test you post . . .

LOL... :lol: :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• visvamitra

• Feathers

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another great ink maker appears, seemingly out of nowhere, to impoverish us. Aren't we lucky?!

Will see if any of his inks appear at the DC show today. There was an enticing photo on Instagram yesterday of a dozen large cases, possibly containing ink, from Nagasawa in Kobe. Who knows what else will appear?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Yet another great ink maker appears, seemingly out of nowhere, to impoverish us. Aren't we lucky?!

Will see if any of his inks appear at the DC show today. There was an enticing photo on Instagram yesterday of a dozen large cases, possibly containing ink, from Nagasawa in Kobe. Who knows what else will appear?

I believe Federalist Pens said they will have Robert Oster at the DC Show.... Or maybe I am mixing SF Show with DC Show.. Just check on them, ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Here you go my friend.... For practical purposes.. they are very similar.... If you noticed the swabs, Red Orange seems more saturated.

Thanks Cyber. The resignation to buy RO has already happened ;) I love Graphite. Can't wait to see how it looks in your pen. My M805 Anthracite has been inked with it ever since it arrived.

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I believe Federalist Pens said they will have Robert Oster at the DC Show.... Or maybe I am mixing SF Show with DC Show.. Just check on them, ;)

C.

We Do have stock still available!

We did sell some on the site, as well as a few bottles today!

Stop by the tables to see/purchase this great ink!

Frank

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Ink Report from DC:

The huge Kobe ink shipment attracted a ravenous crowd. Looked like Filene's basement. Only a few Oster colors were available at the Federalist table, which was situated in a far corner. A prominent nibmeister was singing the praises of Waterman's Mysterious Blue, and I must admit it did look attractive in a Delta stub that he cured of baby's bottom for me. Vanness had large stocks of Akkerman, BungBox, and KWZI. No one had much Diamine. There were a few bottles of Lamy unobtainium at Vanness, but they didn't last long. Anderson Pens had R&K, Stipula, Callifolio, and Akkerman. All the ink was selling at web site prices. Sailor was exhibiting their new (=old) seasonal inks that they are about to re-release, but had none for sale. Franklin-Christoph inks looked good, especially the Noir et Bleu that they loaded into a new 19 in Smoke and Cinnamaroon that I bought with a Masuyama 14k medium cursive italic nib. An interesting option for the F-C inks is a bottle with a dropper top for loading eyedropper pens directly from the bottle.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Ink Report from DC:

The huge Kobe ink shipment attracted a ravenous crowd. Looked like Filene's basement. Only a few Oster colors were available at the Federalist table, which was situated in a far corner. A prominent nibmeister was singing the praises of Waterman's Mysterious Blue, and I must admit it did look attractive in a Delta stub that he cured of baby's bottom for me. Vanness had large stocks of Akkerman, BungBox, and KWZI. No one had much Diamine. There were a few bottles of Lamy unobtainium at Vanness, but they didn't last long. Anderson Pens had R&K, Stipula, Callifolio, and Akkerman. All the ink was selling at web site prices. Sailor was exhibiting their new (=old) seasonal inks that they are about to re-release, but had none for sale. Franklin-Christoph inks looked good, especially the Noir et Bleu that they loaded into a new 19 in Smoke and Cinnamaroon that I bought with a Masuyama 14k medium cursive italic nib. An interesting option for the F-C inks is a bottle with a dropper top for loading eyedropper pens directly from the bottle.

Thank you for the "on site report!"

AS I perused this topic yesterday I was feeling a bit "left out" since I was not there; glad to know the Sailor "soon to be released NEW/old inks are NOT yet released since I bought Rikya Cha yesterday from a Japanese seller & received notice it had shipped today! Tonite's reward was a small Vanness order of De Atramentis "Bookworm, Ginko "(never smelled one, but it IS green!) with a coupla bottles of L'Artisan Pastellier Classique, Olive Vert & Brun Ours," because I couldn't pass up an ink called BROWN BEAR!

With a few bottles of ink "on their way" AND your report, I feel much better!

Ink Report from DC:

Lovely report :) You've managed beautifully to impart the slight manical vibe that was obviously there.

So wished we had this kind of variety here at The London Pen Show.

It's my only real gripe, not enough inks on sale :mellow:

I discovered Blue Sea as one of my favorites inks. I love the color, I love shading.

I have it in fountain pens which I use most often.

I'd like to try: Red Orange (or Peach, or both :D ), definitly Khaki!, Grunn Schwartz, both Chocolate, Purple Rock, Barossa Grape and Deep Sea.

So much pleasure still to come :D

Edited by Nikaa

These inks are so gorgeous! I wonder if anyone is able to compare Caran d'Ache's Caribbean Sea with any of Robert's blues. Do any of his blues come close? I'm still searching for the perfect Caribbean Sea dupe. :wub:

These inks are so gorgeous! I wonder if anyone is able to compare Caran d'Ache's Caribbean Sea with any of Robert's blues. Do any of his blues come close? I'm still searching for the perfect Caribbean Sea dupe. :wub:

Check my Doppelganger thread... I am sure is there.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Cyber6, show us the mermaids.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Check my Doppelganger thread... I am sure is there.

C.

Thanks C! :)

Ok, not sure if I found the thread that you mean - is it this one?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/278558-battle-of-the-inks-doppelgaenger-edition/page-1

I only see Caribbean Sea compared to Diamine Steel and KWZI #36

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? I was really hoping someone might have compared some of Robert's blues (which look so promising!) and found a dupe. I still remain ever hopeful that someone will re-create Caribbean Sea in all its glory :D :wub:

Thanks C! :)

Ok, not sure if I found the thread that you mean - is it this one?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/278558-battle-of-the-inks-doppelgaenger-edition/page-1

I only see Caribbean Sea compared to Diamine Steel and KWZI #36

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? I was really hoping someone might have compared some of Robert's blues (which look so promising!) and found a dupe. I still remain ever hopeful that someone will re-create Caribbean Sea in all its glory :D :wub:

Sorry.. I understood you wanted a doppelganger of Caribbean Sea... not a specific Robert Oster ink that resembles it.

I will check my blues.. ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Here Feathers... first I did NOT do any color adjustment to any of the pics.

First one, is no flash.. bad lighting (flurescent).. is 9PM here.. so no natural light at all.

fpn_1470964128__comp_caribbeansea-roster

Second one, same as above.. but now using flash. The Flash washes out all the green.. so they all look like blue ink.

fpn_1470964104__comp_caribbeansea-roster

To my eyes.... Turquoise looks like the same hue, but more saturated than Caribbean Sea.... and Torquay looks just more blue (less green) than Caribbean Sea.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Here Feathers... first I did NOT do any color adjustment to any of the pics.

First one, is no flash.. bad lighting (flurescent).. is 9PM here.. so no natural light at all.

fpn_1470964128__comp_caribbeansea-roster

Second one, same as above.. but now using flash. The Flash washes out all the green.. so they all look like blue ink.

fpn_1470964104__comp_caribbeansea-roster

To my eyes.... Turquoise looks like the same hue, but more saturated than Caribbean Sea.... and Torquay looks just more blue (less green) than Caribbean Sea.

C.

Oh, I am so sorry that I wasn't clear in my original question. :) Thanks a million for taking the time to compare the swabs, C! :wub:

Ok, I obviously not been following this thread.

But, Mermaids with Tatts???

Do any of them have a big, beefy sailor on their arm? To go with the big, beefy sailor with a mermaid on their arm.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Just got my box with 49 Osters today. These are awesome just on a quick testing.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Just got my box with 49 Osters today. These are awesome just on a quick testing.

WOOHOO!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

**** BauerInks.ca ****