Montblanc Bohème Chart

josefa

I have the Boheme with the brown colored stone. I think it’s called marron or something like that. When I bought it I didn’t know that there were other stones. I would much rather have gotten the ruby stone. They’re tough to clean. You’re not supposed to get the inside wet because it will rust. My trick for that is to hit it with canned compressed air. Oh yeah, does any one know what MB charges for a new nib for the small boheme?

Thanx.

Allan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• josefa

• Toll

• bbs

• Tom Kellie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for your wonderful chart. Finally I know that my gemless Boheme is not a freak but a Platinum Line, and that the pen I once dreamt of does exist out there and is the Platinum line Big-size! If I may make a small contribution to your excellent work, IMHO the images for the fixed nib Rouge, Vert and Golden don't allow to appreciate the difference in size between them and their respective retractable sisters, whereas for the Noir, Platinum and Bleu the photographs faithfully reflect that the fixed nib models are bigger.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1564250978__bohemes_r.jpg

~ Although the only Montblanc Bohème on my writing desk is a pencil (blue stone), this chart is useful for me.

Another FPN Montblanc Forum resource of high quality.

Thank you for preparing this.

Tom K.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Tom, did you recently acquire this Boheme? If so, it is a beauty and congratulations! I really admire the Boheme line. 

3 hours ago, Toll said:

Tom, did you recently acquire this Boheme? If so, it is a beauty and congratulations! I really admire the Boheme line. 

~ Toll:

The Montblanc Bohème Doué Ligne M came to my writing desk on 3 November, 2020.

That was the day before my 67th birthday.

A “birthday month discount” made it all the sweeter.

I had no idea that Bohème fountain pens were such fun to use.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, your post has made me turn renewed interest to Bohemes and their availability for sale. I have two and I have been thinking a third might be in order. They are truly beautifully engineered writing instruments. Interestingly enough, there are not that many for sale on EBay (USA), and those on pen focused e-tail sites (used and NOS) are commanding high prices. You did well to find this pen and at a good price!

I really like the idea of the Bohème and I have nearly bought one many times. I think it would feel special to use and the Moongarden and Pirouette versions are strikingly beautiful in particular. I always hesitated because of some owners’ comments about the complications of flushing the pen and the potential risk of trapped water and internal corrosion. Do you guys find that a problem or is it ok in practice?

Tom, what is it about the Bohème that you find so fun to use? The operations of extending the nib and loading cartridges?

41 minutes ago, Toll said:

Tom, your post has made me turn renewed interest to Bohemes and their availability for sale. I have two and I have been thinking a third might be in order. They are truly beautifully engineered writing instruments. Interestingly enough, there are not that many for sale on EBay (USA), and those on pen focused e-tail sites (used and NOS) are commanding high prices. You did well to find this pen and at a good price!

~ Toll:

Thank you so much for your very kind comments.

It was the finest birthday gift...in fact, the only birthday gift.

The Bohème Doué Ligne is a welcome addition to my writing desk.

I understand why you enjoy writing with your Bohèmes.

Tom K.

20 minutes ago, MoriartyR said:

I really like the idea of the Bohème and I have nearly bought one many times. I think it would feel special to use and the Moongarden and Pirouette versions are strikingly beautiful in particular. I always hesitated because of some owners’ comments about the complications of flushing the pen and the potential risk of trapped water and internal corrosion. Do you guys find that a problem or is it ok in practice?

Tom, what is it about the Bohème that you find so fun to use? The operations of extending the nib and loading cartridges?

~ MoriartyR:

There are two aspects of the Bohème Doué Ligne which appeal to me:

•  The mass is such that the pen feels substantial in the fingertips, despite the short length

•  The Doué Ligne is grooved on the barrel in such a way that the grip is sure

As it happens, despite writing with a number of the largest pens and nibs, I actually like smaller pens.

Hence the Bohème Doué Ligne is especially appreciated.

Tom K.

1 hour ago, MoriartyR said:

MoriartyR: 

Here is one of mine — the Paso Doble Bleu - I bought it new, many years ago from my local MB Boutique (in fact, it was the first pen that I bought from them and it has led to many other MB purchases). I have never had any issues with clogged ink or a malfunctioning mechanism. MB actually makes a pipette-like device for cleaning pens like this, as opposed to flushing with water, and I have never used it. I only use blue MB inks. All this being said, I would look for NOS — I would be concerned about buying a used pen for the reasons you note. 

2326B686-9F3D-47E3-9BFD-3C3003D312CD.jpeg

I anyone has a copy of the .pdf could you please repost. The original link produces a damaged file.

Thanks!

Add lightness and simplicate.

39 minutes ago, Toll said:

MoriartyR: 

Here is one of mine — the Paso Doble Bleu - I bought it new, many years ago from my local MB Boutique (in fact, it was the first pen that I bought from them and it has led to many other MB purchases). I have never had any issues with clogged ink or a malfunctioning mechanism. MB actually makes a pipette-like device for cleaning pens like this, as opposed to flushing with water, and I have never used it. I only use blue MB inks. All this being said, I would look for NOS — I would be concerned about buying a used pen for the reasons you note. 

2326B686-9F3D-47E3-9BFD-3C3003D312CD.jpeg

~ Toll:

Well knock me over with a Christmas ornament.

Your vivid image above of your Paso Doble Bleu is a stunner.

The colors are something else, aren't they?

Where I work, there's a small Montblanc “pocket boutique” which currently has five NOS Bohèmes on offer...all with different stones.

Many thanks for your explanation above, and for the lovely end-of-the-year image.

Tom K.

Tom — such an apt description — the blue is stunning. An ornament indeed! There is also a deep red version of this pen. 

Wow! More NOS Bohemes at the small MB shop near you! That sounds totally tempting! Glad they are out of reach of my wallet! 

• 1 month later...

I am not sure I know the answer to that. I suspect it may be perceived as a “feminine” pen, but I am a man and I find the pen extremely comfortable to use. Indeed, it is one of my favorite MB pens. So much so, I have bought a second one, new old stock, but I have not used it. 

• 1 month later...

Wonderful series of pens!

I've scanned the 2001, 2002 and 2003 German catalogues and uploaded to my flickr; links below the images:

51106787994_dfd7433cc2_k.jpgMontblancBoheme2001-6 by pensninks, auf Flickr

2001 Bohème catalogue

51106447517_955045126a_k.jpgMontblancBoheme-13 by pensninks, auf Flickr

2002 Bohème catalogue

51107800305_58bd1d2034_k.jpgMontblancBoheme-8 by pensninks, auf Flickr

2003 Bohème catalogue

Cheers

Michael