Omas Information

MANUPENS

Great news, and +3 on a 3B.

I wish you the best of luck on keeping a great brand alive and well.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• intrepidcva11

• MANUPENS

• Arctic_Wolf

I'm also curious about parts for repair. As of now, Omas has said all repairs should go to nibs.com, but they said they often struggle finding parts to repair the pens. Any chance you'll have repair parts to sell nibs.com, or anyone else?

The OMAS celluloid and their faceted models have no equal among current pen makers.

I will definitely be watching closely, and expect I'll have to carefully adjust my budget accordingly. :)

My impression is that Pelikan and Montblanc want to be "the" super luxury brand that the upscale buyers think of.... You have my best wishes finding a sales-volume and pricing structure that works!

Oh, and this is minor, but does this include the OMAS ink colors? I know that now we all have so very many choices in ink, but still there are three OMAS colors that have no equal (IMO).

Best wishes.

The sun is shining even brighter in the world of fountain pens.

in bocca al lupo

Liston

I don't see an ebay vendor by the name of Stylomaniak; is it not yet up or am I spelling something wrong?

I don't see an ebay vendor by the name of Stylomaniak; is it not yet up or am I spelling something wrong?

Starting at 8:00am PDT.....

For informational purposes only...................follow the url

stylomaniak

http://www.ebay.com/usr/stylomaniak?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Your friend and his

Fred

Edited by Freddy

Lovely. Everybody loves a liquidator, I guess. If all you're doing is selling off inventory/stock....then buyer beware. I have several Omas pens that I bought new, many of which required warranty service. The ONLY thing that kept me coming back to the brand was Ryan at Kenro (in the US) and his/their undying commitment to 'make things right.'

Lovely. Everybody loves a liquidator, I guess. If all you're doing is selling off inventory/stock....then buyer beware. I have several Omas pens that I bought new, many of which required warranty service. The ONLY thing that kept me coming back to the brand was Ryan at Kenro (in the US) and his/their undying commitment to 'make things right.'

Yeah. Over the years I've had quite a few new Omas pens that had to go back to the retailer for a myriad of problems :wallbash:

Too many pens; too little writing.

Great news!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for your best wishes.

We have planned to launch the omasoutlet website in the next 6 weeks.

But for now, and until the store online will be ready we will sell on EBAY.COM vendor is stylomaniak

We will start on August 3 wednesday at 8.00AM pacific time and for 7 days, we gone do that every week until the website is ready. NO RESERVE ON PRICES all goes to the best bidder, starting bids at $50

We will list 10/12 pens per week, a mix between classics resins, celluloid and limited editions. Alls have box and papers and are factory stock means not used or dipped.

We have large quantity of Omas pens for sale but the rarest versions and colors are limited, so what you like, grab it !!

We also continue to sell other pens brand through Stylomaniak every sunday 8.am pacif time

Thanks for looking and wish good luck for those want to bid on Omas pens until the website is ready.

Manu

Your listings are apparently not sold in the U.S. Is this correct??

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

Your listings are apparently not sold in the U.S. Is this correct??

I noticed this too, with the second batch of listings. Shipping to North America was $35 for the last set of items, but the new listings say:

We do not ship to the US territory. The Omas sales in the US are handle by the US distributor.

This is very disappointing, I don't see how the former US distributor for an out of business company could affect whether a private company sell to buyers here.

Edited by EclecticCollector

I posted the same question on one of the auctions. The answer was that Kenro was the US distributor. I replied (also on Ebay) what interest Kenro has in a bankrupt, out of business company?

So far, no response.

If OMAS pens are brought back, U.S. distribution rights owned by Kenro could either be good or bad. On the bad side, the prices could be higher. On the good, if Kenro gets OMAS pens into a lot of retailers, it increases the chances of the brand continuing to exist.

As always, we shall see.......

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

I noticed this too, with the second batch of listings. Shipping to North America was $35 for the last set of items, but the new listings say:

We do not ship to the US territory. The Omas sales in the US are handle by the US distributor.

This is very disappointing, I don't see how the former US distributor for an out of business company could affect whether a private company sell to buyers here.

I am VERY confused, as opposed to my general state of confusion, because I had not seen any indication about excluding US shipment when I looked @ the listings of these pens, per August 10.

SO, after reading this post & previous, I "did my search again, made sure it was for LATEST listing," saw it was the same pens I had seen listed, & with the exception of the shipping fee becoming $45.00; I do NOT see the information "about NOT shipping to the US nor any mention of Kenro."

I even double checked to make sure the seller referenced was "Stylomaniak," & indeed it is. Have they changed the listing since "moments ago? or am I just NOT reading the same shipping information that you all have seen. It probably won't matter to me because the first set of pens sold "well" it seemed to me & I doubt I will be tempted if the bidding remains steady, but it surely seems odd to tender as many posts as the new owner did on a forum that included US members if they couldn't receive the pens being sold.

You are confused because the listings are confusing. This one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAS-FABULOUS-360-BURKINA-RHODIUM-TRIMS-REF-OM177-/162158625737?hash=item25c16843c9:g:uLEAAOSwdzVXpagP

Says :

Ships to:
United States See exclusions

and also says:

US $45.00
United States
Standard Shipping (UPS Ground)
Estimated between Thu. Aug. 25 and Thu. Sep. 1

and ALSO says (in bold):

So now it's all clear, right?? So I sent an email to the seller (through EBAY messaging):

Dear stylomaniak,

Your listing is unclear. You sell/ship to the U.S., or not?

thnx

Got this response:

no. in the USA the sales are handle by kenro industries who is the omas distributor.

-stylomaniak

Got it? - all now crystal clear, yes?.....