Chrissy

I disagree that the best bottle was the Sheaffer Skrip with the internal inkwell, because it wasn't particularly stable, and the opening was just too wide. Also, the latest versions of Skrip bottles that I have, are fitted with thin gold metal caps with smooth edges that aren't so much screw fit as click fit like current preserve jars. I've never found one impossible to open, but they can sometimes be really tight. They certainly don't have any ribs and they have a tendency to leak

Even the older versions of Skrip bottles had ill fitting, screw on, metal caps that were prone to leaking and rusting.

I have a very good friend who was kind enough to send me an old bottle of Sheaffer Skrip ink, together with another bottle of ink. She had the foresight to pour out the Sheaffer ink into a plastic bottle with a tightly fitting cap, so that the bottle couldn't leak while in the mail.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• The Good Captain

• migo984

• Noihvo

Thanks Chrissy. I quite like that Classic Green - not fussed about the bottles though. Mind you, a bottle has never stopped me buying an ink . . . or even made me buy one for that matter.

You're welcome. :)

I never thought of the armadillo analogy. :lol:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_armadillo.png

Thanks Chrissy. I quite like that Classic Green - not fussed about the bottles though. Mind you, a bottle has never stopped me buying an ink . . . or even made me buy one for that matter.

Glad you like the Classic Green - one of 'my' creations, as it happens.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Chrissy - thank you for an update. As for the bottles - I preferred design of older ones.

You're welcome Vis. It seems like others did too.

You rascal :wub:

Salamander, my favourite green probably, was one of yours too wasn't it ?

Ah, happy that mine went a good home :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Ah, happy that mine went a good home :-)

You have a kind & generous habit of passing me your undesirables . . . which then become my faves. That Gris de Payne is half empty I've used it so much.

Thank you migo984. :)

I think the new bottle look better than the old ones, but they still aren't pretty... The label is a huge step up though.

Regarding the cap. For the shimmering ink the cap colour resembles the colour of the particles, silver cap for silver shimmer and gold cap for gold shimmer. Imho, they could still have used metal caps, but black for the standard colours (or maybe in the colour of the ink).

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

You have a kind & generous habit of passing me your undesirables . . . which then become my faves. That Gris de Payne is half empty I've used it so much.

Thank you migo984. :)

Heavens to murgatroyd!! Don't mention my undesirables! ;-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

That one in name only, I'm afraid. Classic Green was one of my mixes - of existing Diamine inks, of course.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I'm surprised at the negativity of most of the posters. I see only improvements. Love the label that are now in line with the new releases, and beautiful to boot, and individual to each colour. The first time I bought Diamine, I was dissapointed in the boring labels and the cheap stickers denoting e ink colour. I had thought one of the (if not *the*) largest ink manufacturers in the world could afford better. All thumbs up, big D.

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

I'm surprised at the negativity of most of the posters. I see only improvements. Love the label that are now in line with the new releases, and beautiful to boot, and individual to each colour. The first time I bought Diamine, I was dissapointed in the boring labels and the cheap stickers denoting e ink colour. I had thought one of the (if not *the*) largest ink manufacturers in the world could afford better. All thumbs up, big D.

I think it's also a matter of the price you pay. Compare Diamine with Montblanc or others and it is pretty cheap.

Support your local post office - write letters!

This is just my thought but ink bottles should be boring .. Functional and practical but I like them to be boring. They're just there to do a job which is to hold the ink and allow me to fill my pens with the least amount of fuss.

I'm not keen on the fancy one which command a premium price thanks to all the glass.

The sheaffer inkwell bottles were pretty awesome if it weren't for those metal caps that are targets for rust sooner or later. I have several with rusted caps now. And the concept of the bottle relies much on inverting the bottle. You have to reconsider when the cap has begun to rust.

I like the new bottles. I like the font style, I like the gold-and-black that is now apparently going to be Diamine's signature combination, I like the color being on the label. I've always liked the squat bottle that is less likely to tip while filling. As I don't have any large pens, the size of the mouth isn't an aspect that's going to be troublesome for me; certainly, the new bottle is no worse than the old one in that regard. And, the Shimmertastic line has a completely different bottle shape; I don't think I'm going to have difficulty distinguishing them at a glance.

I like the new boxes. Especially that the colors are printed on the boxes. But the new logo on the bottle labels is overly ornate and hard to read. And I don't like the new bottles (I was never a fan of polkadots to begin with), and -- unless they were having supply or manufacturing issues, the way Noodler's did when they (temporarily) switched to plastic bottles) -- I don't know why they changed them.

Of course, I also get annoyed when stores rearrange their shelves (and don't get me started on places that make you follow *their* designated path around the store so I have to walk past EVERYTHING to get to the one thing I came in for.

I'm an advertiser's worst nightmare.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

So is that the one I should buy?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I love it. I love all the changes they made - the label design is beautiful, the swatch of color is helpful, and I'm quite partial to both polka dots and gold.

It makes me want to run out and buy a bottle of ink that I definitely don't need. Hmm, but which one? (Probably whichever color I like best with a gold cap...it's going to take me a month to decide which color!)