Any Experience With Jacobtime.com?

seahunter

Hello,

I realize this is a ballpoint, but thought I would try to post this. I just purchased a Montblanc 7569 - Meisterstuck Platinum Line LeGrand Ballpoint Pen from JacobTime.com. They have good online reviews, and an "A" rating with the Brooklyn BBB. I know the pitfalls of buying gray market items, but just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this store.

Everything looks correct - boxes, owner's manual/warranty card booklet, etc. but just wanted throw it out there. I have read that shining a light into the pen to see if it looks red is no longer a valid test, as good fakes can do that now, and not all Montblancs shine red apparently. I am too blind even with a magnifying glass to see the serial number on the back of the clip, so I can't verify that at this time. The pen feels a little lighter than I expected, but I do not know if I am correct on that.

One question I have, is the threads in the barrel and the "cap" of the pen. The 7569 is Platinum, so would the metal threaded sections be made out of a silver metal, or should they be brass?

I tried to take some pictures, but my macro shooting capability is not very good, so the pictures are pretty much useless as far as authenticating. Is there anything else I can look for to verify if this pen is authentic? Is there enough online feedback to trust that Jacobtime.com is a "legitimate" grey market seller? From what I saw, they seemed legitimate. I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seahunter

• RobertJWarren

• Sasha Royale

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard of them or done business with them. Personally, i do not buy new items from a non-authorized dealer. There are many reasons that are just too much to type.

Edited by RobertJWarren

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

I have never heard of them or done business with them. Personally, i do not buy new items from a non-authorized dealer. There are many reasons that are just too much to type.

Thanks Robert. I know there are many reasons not to buy gray market. Some items I will only buy from an authorized dealer, and some I am comfortable with non-authorized. I appreciate your feedback, thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161823598035?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

This is certainly NOT jeweler quality. However, I carry one with me always. It has proven to be useful. You should get one, or one like it, before buying your next $300 pen.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161823598035?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

This is certainly NOT jeweler quality. However, I carry one with me always. It has proven to be useful. You should get one, or one like it, before buying your next $300 pen.

Thanks for the suggestion Sasha. This purchase was done online, I don't think they have a brick and mortar, but yes it would be good to have for an antique store or something.