Tomoe River Group Buy

Hi,

I am planning to import Tomoe River paper from Japan. In case any of you are interested, let me know and i can perhaps order for you as well.

Specifications:

Size: A4

Colour: White/Cream (as majority decides)

Thickness: 68gsm (normal is 52gsm, this is more expensive and has less showthrough as compared to 52gsm)

Expected Price: INR 11-12 per sheet

I will only place the order once i have confirmation of people taking 4000 sheets.

Edit: To avoid any confusion, this group buy is only for Indians living in India. I don't have Paypal to accept money from abroad and neither do i want to fill customs forms for it

Any postage cost incurred for postage inside India would be borne by you. If you are in Delhi or Mumbai, you can collect it at any of the meets.

Edited by BCGGSM

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BCGGSM

• ItwasLuck

• AllenTBar

• piyushsingh1608

I would be interested in 200-250 sheets of cream. That comes out to around 45 USD if my math is correct?

Thanks

A...

“Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!”

“I know it's not thematically in tune with my new job and all, but I find it effective. Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day," I say. "But set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Tao of Pratchett. I live by it.”

I would be interested in 200-250 sheets of cream. That comes out to around 45 USD if my math is correct?

Thanks

A...

For 250 sheets, it does come to around $45. If you live in India, i'll ship it to you.

For 250 sheets, it does come to around $45. If you live in India, i'll ship it to you.

I am sorry.. but there is something wrong with that math. The only reason I know, is because I just did a group buy of Tomoe for my posse. 4000 sheets comes to around 85USD. Shipping is what cost the most.. around 200-300.

So you should be able to get it at 0.08-0.10 cents a page.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I am sorry.. but there is something wrong with that math. The only reason I know, is because I just did a group buy of Tomoe for my posse. 4000 sheets comes to around 85USD. Shipping is what cost the most.. around 200-300.

So you should be able to get it at 0.08-0.10 cents a page.

C.

1. This is 68gsm, not 52gsm. It's is much more expensive than 52gsm.

2. Since the paper is heavier, shipping costs increase.

3. USA may not charge customs on $600-700 items, but India charges heavy custom duty. Paid on mine a week ago.

What would shipping run me to the U.S.?

Thanks

A...

“Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!”

“I know it's not thematically in tune with my new job and all, but I find it effective. Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day," I say. "But set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Tao of Pratchett. I live by it.”

What would shipping run me to the U.S.?

Thanks

A...

Assuming that it weighs around 1.5 Kgs, postage cost via EMS is INR 1622 which is US$24.2

• 2 months later...

Does Bangladesh count as "India"? ;) If so, I'm in!

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

You can buy it on Amazon. I just bought 100 loose sheets for $14. No shipping, no customs duty, no hassles. I don't understand why the labeling is in Japanese. Pretty dumb.

It's the thinner paper. I know because I've used it before, not because I can read Japanese.

Does anyone know where to buy the thicker Tomoe River paper in bulk? I don't want to pay the typical pricing for a 100 sheet pack, since I'd like to offer this in my etsy shop.

I've been looking for a bulk source for MONTHS and come up empty. Does anyone know anything?

You can buy it on Amazon. I just bought 100 loose sheets for $14. No shipping, no customs duty, no hassles. I don't understand why the labeling is in Japanese. Pretty dumb.

It's the thinner paper. I know because I've used it before, not because I can read Japanese.

I can get the same sheets for 6 dollars and shipping would just be 3 bucks on top of that. Amazon doesn't ship to places like Bangladesh so that's out of the question.

I hear lot of people mentioning the thinner/thicker paper. Is there a thread about the thicker Tomoe River paper? Would definitely be a nice read.

Edited by ItwasLuck

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Does anyone know where to buy the thicker Tomoe River paper in bulk? I don't want to pay the typical pricing for a 100 sheet pack, since I'd like to offer this in my etsy shop.

I've been looking for a bulk source for MONTHS and come up empty. Does anyone know anything?

If I were you I'd call this number TEL : +81-3-3561-7121 ask to speak with the "Functional Paper Division". If your japanese is good you should have no problems on getting bulk orders for your Etsy shop. However if you need help with japanese, definitely consider contacting Pisuke2005 on Ebay. He is quite helpful. =)

Edited by ItwasLuck

Does Bangladesh count as "India"? ;) If so, I'm in!

If you can do a bank transfer, would pay for shipping and don't mind waiting a bit, I'll send. :)

Need to get to 4000 sheets first though.

If you can do a bank transfer, would pay for shipping and don't mind waiting a bit, I'll send. :)

Need to get to 4000 sheets first though.

If it's EMS shipping I'm fine with that, just have to manage the 4000 sheets first =/ You can try Rakuten, I don't have the link but they sell 4000 sheets per order.

I'll want about 1000 sheets.

Edited by ItwasLuck

• 2 weeks later...

If it's EMS shipping I'm fine with that, just have to manage the 4000 sheets first =/ You can try Rakuten, I don't have the link but they sell 4000 sheets per order.

I'll want about 1000 sheets.

It am talking about 68gsm, not 52gsm. They only sell 52gsm.

We are currently at 2800 sheets. Need 1000 more (I'll take 200). If there is not enough interest, I'll include you. Otherwise sending to Bangladesh is not worth it for me. I don't want to fill up custom forms for paper.

It am talking about 68gsm, not 52gsm. They only sell 52gsm.

We are currently at 2800 sheets. Need 1000 more (I'll take 200). If there is not enough interest, I'll include you. Otherwise sending to Bangladesh is not worth it for me. I don't want to fill up custom forms for paper.

Hi there I am also referring to the 68gsm variant, hope this clears any misunderstanding. I'll take 200 if that works out better for you.

• 1 month later...