Barossa Grape - Robert Oster Signature Ink

visvamitra

Robert Oster is new player in fountain pen ink market. He operates through ebay shop. The inks are sold in 50 ml PET bottles with a tightly secure twist cap. I don't know who makes the inks for the shop, but the colors look interesting and fresh. At the moment Robert Oster inks are available in colors

1. Aqua
  2. Australian Sky Blue
  3. Barossa Grape
  4. Black
  5. Blue Black
  6. Blue Denim
  7. Blue Night
  8. Blue Sea
  9. Bondi Blue
  10. Burgundy
  11. Chocolate
  12. Claret
  13. Copper Brown
  14. Deep Sea
  15. Emerald Green
  16. Ever Green
  17. Fire Engine Red
  18. Forest Green
  19. Graphite
  20. Green Green
  21. Green Lime
  22. Green Olive
  23. Jade
  24. Khakhi
  25. Light Green
  26. Marine
  27. Moss
  28. Orange
  29. Peach
  30. Pinky
  31. Red Orange
  32. Royal Red
  33. Ruby Red
  34. School Blue
  35. Spearmint
  36. Torquay
  37. Tranquility
  38. Turquoise
  39. Yellow Sunset

barossa_ro_is.jpg

On Robert Oster's shop website Barossa Grape is described as follows: " Flows on like a Cab Sauv, dries on like a light Shiraz with excellent shading"

I enjoy this ink although in some pens it looks boring. In order to fully enjoy it - given that you like such hues - broader or really wet nib would help. In old Waterman

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

barossa_ro_rk.jpg

Software ID

barossa_l_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport - eyedropper, B

barossa_tomoe_1.jpg

barossa_tomoe_2.jpg

barossa_tomoe_3.jpg

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Classic Sport - eyedropper, B

barossa_l_1.jpg

barossa_l_2.jpg

barossa_l_4.jpg

Oxford, Kaweco Classic Sport, B + Hero 5028, stub 1,9

barossa_ox.jpg

barossa_ro_ox.jpg

Poljet, Waterman Commando, semi-flex nib

barossa_poljet.jpg

barossa_poljet2.jpg

Mini-comparison

barossa_comp1.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• visvamitra

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

In a fine nib, does this ink look nearly black, or can one see that it is a purple?

It will depend on how wet is the nib. On a wet nib, yes... it will look black.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

It will depend on how wet is the nib. On a wet nib, yes... it will look black.

C.

Good to know. Maybe I'll be able to try it at the San Francisco Pen Show next week!

Nothing's lost ;) Now you have a reason to make a second order. With his pace of introducing new colors, RObert Oster has probably another 50 new inks on his website :) A lot to choose from. I'm tempted by Graphite.

Nothing's lost ;) Now you have a reason to make a second order. With his pace of introducing new colors, RObert Oster has probably another 50 new inks on his website :) A lot to choose from. I'm tempted by Graphite.

Yeah me too.. but Graphite is no where to be found... :bawl: :bawl:

I did ask him if he can "whip" a batch of Graphite... :D

if you see Graphite on his site, you know he is listening to his fans... ;) ;)

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

So the image of graphite somewhere on the web was only to tease us ;)

Yes and Yes.... He did have Graphite at one point.... I think I read somewhere he was discontinuing graphite and black.. (don't quote me.. I can't remember the source, maybe his facebook page)..

In any case, when I saw Graphite I emailed him asap.. and ask if he can whip out a batch of Graphite. :D

I am sure he will .. he is lovely like that. :wub: :wub:

C.

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Interesting color. Reminds me of J Herbin Poussiere de Lune (which I actually didn't like all that much), and maybe the scans I've seen of KWZI Grey Plum.

Thanks for the review. This one is a maybe for me....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Interesting color. Reminds me of J Herbin Poussiere de Lune (which I actually didn't like all that much), and maybe the scans I've seen of KWZI Grey Plum.

Thanks for the review. This one is a maybe for me....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

In my pens, Poussiere de Lune is a dusty but distinctly reddish purple. I am happy to see some dusty purples that lean toward blue rather than red.

Yeah me too.. but Graphite is no where to be found... :bawl: :bawl:

I did ask him if he can "whip" a batch of Graphite... :D

if you see Graphite on his site, you know he is listening to his fans... ;) ;)

@vis A 2nd order might make me lose my relationship, house and home :D I might be tempted if he keeps putting out stunning blues/blue-greys and greens...

@Cyber I just made my order a few days ago and asked for a bottle of Graphite, he had them in stock. In his emails he let me know that Graphite is only available through direct order from him. Hence I ordered directly from him rather than through ebay/website. I'm sure you can get some! :) I also ordered the new Summer Storm... Will post a pic once I get it :)

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

@Cyber I just made my order a few days ago and asked for a bottle of Graphite, he had them in stock. In his emails he let me know that Graphite is only available through direct order from him. Hence I ordered directly from him rather than through ebay/website. I'm sure you can get some! :) I also ordered the new Summer Storm... Will post a pic once I get it :)

DUDE!!... You forgot who you were talking too.... :lol: :lol:

My graphite is on order.... I just had no idea if he had a batch or not.... ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

You forgot who you were talking too.... :lol: :lol:

My graphite is on order.... I just had no idea if he had a batch or not.

Nyx!!!! What is Summer Storm?? Is it a Blue Gray?

C.

I'm sorry o benevolent ink goddess! :notworthy1: :notworthy1: I can't wait to see Graphite out of your stubby wet nibs!!

Yes it is the "Unnamed Blue Grey" but has now been named Summer Storm. I saw it on Yagan Kiely's blog macchiatoman.com. He mentioned it's not so saturated but the colour just calls to me :wub:

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Yes it is the "Unnamed Blue Grey" but has now been named Summer Storm. I saw it on Yagan Kiely's blog macchiatoman.com. He mentioned it's not so saturated but the colour just calls to me :wub:

You mean this one.... :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

fpn_1469305290__robertoster_summerstorm.

**** BauerInks.ca ****