Robert Oster Signature Inks – Part 3

Cyber6

Robert Oster Signature Inks - Quick review of 7 lovely inks

You can find Part 1 here. :D
You can find Part 2 here. :D
You can find Part 4 here. :D

fpn_1467745527__ro_pack04.jpg

I AM BAAACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. :lol: :lol:

And I have some more Robert Oster Inks for your pleasure… ;)

If this is the first time you are reading about Robert Oster Signature Inks, he is a lovely Australian gentleman and produces high quality Fountain Pen Ink. You can find it in eBay-AU: http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/osteralia

For international orders, please use his email: Signature@RobertOster.com

You can find more reviews of his inks in the links provided above. (Part 1 and Part 2)

On Part 3, the list of inks reviewed will be:

· Barosa Grape

· Pinky

· Peach

· Ever Green

· Spearmint

· Tranquility

· Dark Chocolate

I have never mentioned the packaging... The inks come in wrapped in a gold foil paper... like the treasure they are. Is fun to remove the wrapping and unveiled the jewel inside. :wub: :wub:

fpn_1467745537__ro_package01.jpg

fpn_1467745547__ro_package02.jpg

Now to the inks... :D

BLACK nRED

These inks flowed quite well on this paper… They get along quite well… no bleed thru, no show thru and no feathering whatsoever.. I use a wet flex broad, my pen dumps a bunch of ink and the behavior was flawless.

Barosa Grape: (don’t confuse with Barbosa) LOL. Gorgeous Purple. A must have to any purple lover.. Shading, Sheen, … on a wet pen it looks like Ink of Witch.. very dark,

fpn_1467745580__ro_redblack13.jpg

Pinky: You can’t call me a pink lover….. but Pinky is really the kind of pink I don’t mind. Is not retina-searing (which I dislike) and it has a vintage look without being chalky. A lovely pink.

Peach: Similar to Pinky, as in a more subdue color… with a vintage feel. Is not in your face Orange.. Is so soft and delicate, you almost want to touch the “fuzz”… :lol: :lol:

fpn_1467745592__ro_redblack14.jpg

Ever Green: This bright green will please all straight green lovers… (I am more of a “murky” green lover) .. reminds me of MB Irish Green. Bright and cheery. :)

Spearmint: This one surprised me… I don’t know why I was expecting a more delicate green (you can tell I am no gardener..lol)…. Is a lovely green and more in my style of “dark” greens. Sheen is amazing on this one.

fpn_1467745604__ro_redblack15.jpg

Tranquility: YAY!!... Deep Sea younger sister…. Lol. The hue is the same, but this one is more delicate. The darker areas might look the same.. but Tranquility is lighter and you can tell in the lighter areas. The shading is spectacular. The sheen is not too shabby either… :wub: :wub:

Dark Chocolate: Is very interesting… Is a chocolate with mauve undertones. :wub: I remember finding Rober Oster Chocolate with pink undertones… so not surprised this one (Dark Chocolate) has also some other tones. I personally love when ink looks different with different lighting. Nothing wrong with that. This makes it a lovely ink for sketching. :wub: :wub:

fpn_1467745615__ro_redblack16.jpg

RHODIA DOT PAD

No bleed thru, no show thru and no feathering.

fpn_1467745637__ro_rhodia07.jpg

fpn_1467745648__ro_rhodia08.jpg

TOMOE RIVER

No bleed thru, no show thru and no feathering.

fpn_1467745661__ro_tomoe07.jpg

fpn_1467745675__ro_tomoe08.jpg

MUJI Notebook

No bleed thru, no show thru and no feathering. Please note, not all MUJI paper is fountain pen friendly. This one is the “black cover” notebook. They do quite well with ink, wet pens and they do show sheen.

fpn_1467745689__ro_muji02.jpg

Summary

What can I say, I am still very impressed with Robert Oster Signature Inks. Can’t say I am head over heels with all his colors, he still needs a DEEP RED… and a straight BROWN.. but the range and quality of Blues and Greens is just MAGNIFICENT…. I personally like his purples, oranges, amber… and odd colors (Copper for example) :D

I’ve been told there is an exclusive Red (exclusive to SAKURA) .. and I am trying to get a sample of that for comparison sake. So, hopefully I am not done with Robert Oster anytime soon. ;)

Hope you guys have enjoyed another quick trip through Robert Oster Signature Ink heaven.. :happycloud9:

Disclaimer: Not affiliated to Robert Oster.. yadda yadda…. :P

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• SamCapote

• cellardoor04

• dcwaites

You want some sheen !!!!...

Spearmint

fpn_1468262128__sheen_spearmint.jpg

Tranquility

fpn_1468262152__sheen_tranquility.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy pics... but you can see the impressive sheen) :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Peach looks really nice. Today I've received Barosa from Sakura Pen Gallery and will try it soon :) As for the others I was afraid Spearmint will be something disgusting but it's not. I'm not crazy about the color but is looks dark enough for most occasions. Tranquility looks like another sheen monster. Thank you C for the photos and comparison :)

Pinky???!!! When did Pinky arrive? Did anyone tell Amber?

Honestly, you've got to check for new Oster inks about once a week, or sooner.

And peach looks nice.

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Pinky is very cute! Kind of reminds me of Diamine Carnation.

You know .. you are very right... I just compare them both. Carnation is a less saturated version of Pinky.

:wub: :wub:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Peach looks really nice. Today I've received Barosa from Sakura Pen Gallery and will try it soon :) As for the others I was afraid Spearmint will be something disgusting but it's not. I'm not crazy about the color but is looks dark enough for most occasions. Tranquility looks like another sheen monster. Thank you C for the photos and comparison :)

You are very welcome. You have to tell me what you are missing, so I can send you samples of the rest.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Pinky???!!! When did Pinky arrive? Did anyone tell Amber?

Honestly, you've got to check for new Oster inks about once a week, or sooner.

And peach looks nice.

Pinky was there for some time... :P

And is not the retina searing type that Amber likes.. ;)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

WRT Retinal Searing, I'm still waiting for Nathan to develop Bay State Red.

Granny Aching

Just in case anybody is interested, the Sakura Pen Gallery have a set of swabs of Robert Oster inks up --

http://www.sakurafountainpengallery.com/en/boutique/robert-oster-signature-inkt-amp-vullingen

Granny Aching

Just in case anybody is interested, the Sakura Pen Gallery have a set of swabs of Robert Oster inks up --

http://www.sakurafountainpengallery.com/en/boutique/robert-oster-signature-inkt-amp-vullingen

Blue Lagoon???... Lemon Grass??? ::fainting::.... every time I blink, there is more... :lol: :lol:

Ah... I also saw Green-Black on his Facebook.... It looks YUMMY!!! :wub: :wub:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

GRÜN-SCHWARZ

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/18gAAOSwiylXBDkp/$_57.JPG

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

U are awesome...

Thank you for showing us these inks...

I love tranquility,peach and barosa grape

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Excellent work! Thank you so much for raising awareness of these new inks.

I will now take a moment or two to investigate "Dark Chocolate" B) :)

Happiness.

Are these inks highly saturated like Sailor or watery à la française like J. Herbin and Callifolio?

Good question. Cyber6's gorgeously expressive pen always puts down so much ink it's often difficult to tell.

(I adore that nib :wub: )

Are these inks highly saturated like Sailor or watery à la française like J. Herbin and Callifolio?

They are saturated inks.. NOT watery like J.Herbin... They are NOT "thick" like some of the Noodlers highly saturated inks.. They are the "goldilock" of inks... Not too much and not too little. :D :D

Some are easier to clean than others.. but that is expected, and none was difficulty at all.

Beside great flow and bright colors.. the best things about these inks are the shade and sheen... :wub: :wub:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

They are saturated inks.. NOT watery like J.Herbin... They are NOT "thick" like some of the Noodlers highly saturated inks.. They are the "goldilock" of inks... Not too much and not too little. :D :D

Some are easier to clean than others.. but that is expected, and none was difficulty at all.

Beside great flow and bright colors.. the best things about these inks are the shade and sheen... :wub: :wub:

C.

That's great to hear. I think I should hunt down some later.

I managed to get a sample of Graphite. Boy, am I in love with this ink. When wet and new on the page, it appears slate grey, but dries to a love dark blue-grey-green. I wish i had ordered a bottle of this one as it's become one of my favourite inks overall!

http://i.imgur.com/KKTHWtw.jpg

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Oh Gosh!!.. I am in love with Graphite too... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: ..

I haven't seen it for sale?... I gorgeous...

Thanks SOOO MUCH for posting... (I think... :unsure:)... Now I have to hunt down a bottle.. :lol: :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****