My latest ink is Diamine Wild Strawberry

As we are at the end of the first week of the Wimbledon grand slam tennis tournament, we now have British strawberries in our shops. So I picked Wild Strawberry as my ink to review today.
Diamine Wild Strawberry is a really bright red. B) It's a very attractive red, without particularly leaning towards pink or orange. It's also a great performer in all of the pens and on all of the paper I tried it with. It's quite well saturated but I don't see much shading and I saw no noticeable sheen.

It wrote straight away without any hard starts or skipping. The flow is excellent and it has great lubrication. Although the flow feels very slightly wet, it doesn't suffer from an overlong drying time.

It has virtually no water resistance at all. The red inky water spread quickly.

Nevertheless, I think it's a great bright red ink. It is very similar to Diamine Tulip from the Flowers Gift Set. Less pink than Diamine Classic Red, and a similar shade to Caran d'Ache Infra Red and Sheaffer Skrip Red. However, it's more saturated than those two red inks.

• This isn't sold as a waterproof ink,and shows no noticeable water resistance.
  • Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy M nib and a Lamy 1.1mm nib, this ink took 17-18 secs to dry. No smear after dry.
  • It exhibited excellent flow and lubrication and I found it particularly smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1467572067__diamine_wild_strawberryafpn_1467572101__diamine_wild_strawberryb

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• Chrissy

• lapis

• Jimmy Joe

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review of a great ink. Maybe in fact my absolute all-time favourite (pure, normal, standard, bright) red. Only to be substituted IMO by Diamine's Poppy or Skrip's Red. This is the red I use about 95% of the time (for any "red").

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

If this does well on the ultra-cheap, lowest-bidder paper my school district uses for printing, I could see this being a nice grading ink. I currently use Poppy Red after having run out of Skrip.

I think this is a gorgeous ink, and really underrated! It has gorgeous sheen and a really nice colour. <3

I can't see sheen, as in sheen like Sailor inks. Maybe we're talking about different aspects?

It's a gorgeous ink though. :wub:

I can't see sheen, as in sheen like Sailor inks. Maybe we're talking about different aspects?

It's a gorgeous ink though. :wub:

Nope... Diamine Strawberry sheens quite well on the right paper...

Pic from "inks with sheen thread" (post 212)

fpn_1365534914__shine_sheen.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sheen or not, this is a delicious ink (figuratively speaking of course!). I had a sample of it a couple of years ago and tried to resist a bottle because I thought I had enough reds already - but caved earlier this year. Thanks for your review!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf