What Model Is This?

Kublai Khan

Hi all, can anyone tell me what model this is? It has Parker written on the nib and on the cap near the open end. Has a converter that is of the straight plunger type (not the screw type). I've no idea how old or new it is. Very simple construction (plastic, metal or metal plating). The grip isn't the best because there's a step from the grip to the barrel and the grip itself is slippery smooth. But the pen is fully intact and works well. Cheers!

post-130513-0-82624400-1467340427_thumb.jpeg

post-130513-0-69222500-1467340498_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kublai Khan

• mitto

• Pickwick

• northstar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vector. Cheap entry level pen. Check for the country of origin and date code on the cap.

Khan M. Ilyas

Vector. Cheap entry level pen. Check for the country of origin and date code on the cap.

OK, so which pen would be the next grade up from that one? Where should we eventually end up?

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Mitto: thanks! Yes, it's a pretty simple pen. Didn't find any additional data/country markings though.

Best regards.

OK, so which pen would be the next grade up from that one? Where should we eventually end up?

Try the "IM" and "Urban" next, the "88/rialto is basically the same vector but with fancy clothing".

where will we end up? I think there is no limit.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Parker 45 would be the next grade up from the Vector. Parker IM, Urban and Rialto/88 are basically the same pens as Vector as far as funcionality is concerned. Aesthetics aside.

Parker 45 is the classic workhorse pen that would serve one for decades and decades. Go for the all steel body flighter version with a 14k gold nib. Easily available on auction sites for $20-30.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Yes a Vector, this is most often seen in Supermarkets, most likely aimed at students, it's a simple pen, works well with cartridges or converters.

The nib and feed design is used on several more expensive pens too, Jotter. I.M. and Urban.

Going up from that, it's the Sonnet, Premier and Duofold, in the current ranges.

In older designs, '45' is somewhat similar to the Vector, but built in a higher quality design and materials.

But for not much more than the Vector, was the Frontier, a type of economy Sonnet, my own version is possibly the smoothest nib I have used. The Frontier was made up until 2010, but was a very good pen for the price.

* Your Vector must have been made after '93, the shape of the clip gives a clue to that.

The details of where it was made are around the cap, on the other side to the word PARKER.

You should see either USA or UK or France, and a code of lines and a letter, which gives the year.

Edited by Mike 59

Mike 59: you're right. I didn't look close enough, earlier. The markings are there and it says L.II. According to http://parkerpens.net/codekey.html, this indicates the pen was made in 2003. No country marking though, only L.II.

Thanks everyone, I learned something new today.