Sailor Clear Candy Pink (Cart) Mini Review

chromantic

I ordered some Platinum Preppie Pinks today for the up-coming Pinks mini-comparison.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chromantic

• conib

• vorpal

• thudthwacker

Thank you for this review. I've often wondered about this product.

I like the sheen but I am not sure I would use this color. But still, that sheen.

I like the sheen but I am not sure I would use this color.

Considering there's no more coming, I'll probably be reluctant to use it, too. :(

I really not that much of a pink person myself and only discovered this by mistake - I thought it was red ink in the cartridge. But the instant I saw it, I liked it because it's a bright, happy, cheerful color; the sheen is just icing on the cake.

And, while I said in the review that the scan didn't show the shading much, looking back at the photos I see that they capture it quite well.

Just to follow-up, I received the yellow, orange and sky blue carts.

The yellow was pretty much identical to the Skrip Yellow I did the mini review on, it's a very bright lemon yellow color that's really difficult to read on white paper. I don't think it would even be effective as a highlighter.

The orange is just orange, about like a Crayola orange crayon. The color itself is ok nothing makes it stand out particularly. It's a little brighter than the Skrip Orange but the Skrip, I feel, actually has some character to it.

I didn't see any sheen on either color. :(

The Sky Blue, on the other hand, is a lovely, bright blue, close to Capri blue or Vivid Sky blue on Wikipedia "List of Colors (compact)". It's a happy, cheerful color that I'd find suitable for frequent, if not daily, use; too bad it's being discontinued.

chromatic, Taizo confirmed my guess that Sailor is repackaging 6 of the 8 Clear Candy colors as "Sailor Jentle", for example see:

http://www.engeika.com/product/3863

The colors missing from the new packaging are orange and yellow, so it's good that you don't like them that much!

I use Sky Blue daily, and at this point I have a good stock of it. But when my current stock needs replenishing I'll order in the new stuff and test it to see whether the color has changed. I sure hope not!

Thanks, that's good news indeed! I will oeder some more sky blues and some pinks as well. Hopefully they haven't futzed with the pink.