What Twsbi You Are Using Today?

prashant.tikekar

Today I am carrying Eco Black in Fine nib filled with Akkerman Dutch Masters Vermeer's Kobaltblauw.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prashant.tikekar

• Misfit

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has been an interesting thread.

I'm currently using a clear Eco EF. Inked with Diamine 1864 Blue Black

John

Clear Eco with a 1.1mm and 580 with a 1.1mm.

After having both pens almost two months, I kind of like using the Eco more which surprised me.

Possibly because it's a smaller, lighter weight pen?

I love my 580 AL (I have one of the pink trim ones because I just HAD to have it). But it's the very limit of what is "too heavy" for me, especially when posted.

Hmmm. I should see if I can find the specs for my "grail pen" and do a comparison between it and the TWSBI....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Received my first TWSBI, an Eco 1.1, yesterday from JetPens, and it's my writer of the day! 😍😍

Oh, TWSBI, WHY did I wait so long?

Inked with Pelikan Edelstein Smoky Quartz

post-129742-0-92454700-1493481257_thumb.jpg

My just-arrived-today TWSBI Eco with a medium nib, filled with KWZ Grapefrult - a perfect ink for a demonstrator pen. This is my very first TWSBI.

fpn_1493513145__twsbi_eco_grapefruit.jpg

Edited by ErrantSmudge

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/scotkane/IMG_7910_zps5ye7flkb.jpg

700R Quote is from Jim Morrison. Ink is Noodler's Forest Green

Edited by Valkyrii

Valkyrii, I like that green! Slightly dark, well-saturated, looks good. I haven't noticed that one before. I'll have to add it to my list.

What nib size do you have on that 700R? Medium or Broad?

Valkyrii, I like that green! Slightly dark, well-saturated, looks good. I haven't noticed that one before. I'll have to add it to my list.

What nib size do you have on that 700R? Medium or Broad?

Medium nib. I'm very pleased with the shade of green. I tend to use a lot of green/black inks but I wanted something vibrant and legible for pages of writing. The Forest Green does not disappoint.

Any problem with the Noodlers taking forever to dry? The ones I've used take too long

Not really. I like a wet nib so expect a little dry time. Paper makes a difference too. For example I've used Bland and Red notebooks because of ease of access and nothing seems to dry quickly on them. I've never really timed the dry times though.

Possibly because it's a smaller, lighter weight pen?

I love my 580 AL (I have one of the pink trim ones because I just HAD to have it). But it's the very limit of what is "too heavy" for me, especially when posted.

Hmmm. I should see if I can find the specs for my "grail pen" and do a comparison between it and the TWSBI....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

If TWSBI would combine the lightness of the Eco with the 580's section, it would be a perfect pen for me.

I enjoy both pens but the Eco just edges out the 580 because of its' lighter weight.

Edited by Tasmith

Eco with Rohrer & Klingner Sepia

twsbi_eco_006.jpg

That looks awesome in yr Eco! It's right up there on my want new ink list, now! Jennifer

I'm curious about the nibs. The one on my 580AL is incredible. Is it "luck of the draw? Or is it a personal preference sort of thing?

Compared to my admittedly small sample of nibs, I'm awestruck by how it writes. Maybe, as someone said, it's just a perfect fit for me? Jennifer

I'm curious about the nibs. The one on my 580AL is incredible. Is it "luck of the draw? Or is it a personal preference sort of thing?

Compared to my admittedly small sample of nibs, I'm awestruck by how it writes. Maybe, as someone said, it's just a perfect fit for me? Jennifer

I have 3 TWSBIs. 2 ECOs and a 700R. Both ECOs are mediums. One writes fantastic, the other is scratchy and writes like a fine. My 700R performs in the middle. It isn't scratchy but not as smooth as the better of the ECOs.

TWSBI has offered me to ship the scratchy pen back for them to inspect, but I'm more likely to tinker and replace the nib myself.

Eco with a semi flex gold Inoxcrom.

Nib is one size under the Stub that was originally fitted so slightly wet performance but enjoying the flex.

VacMini, Eco White, and Eco Lime Green TW Post Office Edition.

Wish they made a dark green eco which will fit the logo better...

fpn_1494084067__ecovac2.jpg

Today I am using my M nib Eco to write out all the excus... reasons that I should buy a Vac700r as soon as possible while also using it to avoid writing all of the reasons I should wait.

Today I have Diamond 580 clear in EF nib filled with Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo. I have just filled it and waiting to be half empty to enjoy this lovely ink sloshing in the barrel.