Organics Studio Is Back!

Cyber6

Interesting.. I just got an email from Anderson that Organics Studio is back...

Now, I am wondering if this means he will take back those inks that lost their color and turned grey. (Ex. Blue Merle)

I mean, don't all Ink Masters stand by their product? :unsure:

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• Tas

• Jimmy James

• Runnin_Ute

If it's a company, then shutting down ended all agreements and warranties. So probably no.

I doubt it. A number of his other inks seem to feather now on Mohawk paper, when they originally did not.

I'll stick with KWZI, Noodler's, and the Sailor inks I already have. ;)

Yes I loved Blue Merle too, but that blue version. I remember sending a big sample from one of my bottles of Blue Merle (I have three) and the recipient didn't even even recognize it as Blue Merle. None of them are the same, and none of them are the lovely blue-grey they were originally, they're now just grey.

My bottle of Walt Whitman was never green. It was kind of this dirty brownish-green. Now I don't find any green in it at all. I think I only imagine the green because I want to believe it's there.

I loved OS inks. I was such a supporter. I really enjoyed those soft but powerful colors. But to my mind they aren't all shelf-stable. They change sitting in the bottle in their original box, inside another box, in a temperate climate. Not acceptable to me. I have an opened bottle of vintage Sheaffer Skrip I got in an estate sale, perfectly good ink, the same as it ever was, enough phenol to kill a moose. This ink will evaporate before it goes bad or the ink degrades.

And some of the inks seem fine and to have held up, but I have doubts about their long-term stability. So I worry.

I'm sorry if I'm violating the rules by expressing my opinions of an ink brand. I wish I had only positive things to say. But I don't. My experience has been very mixed. I can only hope that the new incarnation of OS inks is wonderful. But I'm not going to spend my money to find out.

I loved OS inks. I was such a supporter. I really enjoyed those soft but powerful colors.

Same. I remember bigging up Blue Merle to everyone here and the Manganate was quite lovely too - dcpritch introduced me to that ink.

No idea what happened to my Manganate but the greyed out Blue Merle (and your faded sample) is now an integral part of "Lemon Jif"

All's well that ends well. :)

White_Lotus, this is not ink bashing.

And thank you again for turning me on to Queen's Rose.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I hope they're back. I never got around to collecting the Elements series.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Never really got to try any of them. May end up getting some down the road, but not now.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

White_Lotus, this is not ink bashing.

And thank you again for turning me on to Queen's Rose.

Thanks Amber.

It's certainly true there are some real gems in this lineup that I never had any problems with at all. Queen's Rose is one. The Manganate/Manganese is a very nice blue-black (non-IG). Mark Twain's Halley's Comet, a beautiful soft violet. Boron is one of the nicest browns. And there are others as well, just can't think of them right now.

• 6 months later...

So is this the third iteration of the company? Is this one around to stay? I remember buying ink from this kid years ago and even enrolling in some sort of exclusive club that then went nowhere (and I mean it was like maybe $25 I don't care about the money don't take it that way). I think the guy has talent, but I'm looking for commitment to being there for more than a few months at a time before I get too excited about a promising new ink maker.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I was really disappointed in the reformulated (?) Blue Merle -- I LOVED the original, but wasn't able to get a full bottle at the time. Some of the other inks were okay. OTOH, Charles Darwin had spread and bleedthrough issues no matter what pen I put it in (which was too bad because it was super black and super fast drying.

It remains to be seen which inks will be available, and how much they resemble their original versions (there were some, like Queen's Rose, which I never got a chance to try).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When they went out of business (or went on hiatus, I guess), I bought over $100 of their ink to stock up, and nearly half of them ended up with bad SITB. That left me a little sore about the brand. I don't plan on spending any more money on it.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

I think he lost a lot of good will with this self-imposed hiatus (for whatever reason)

Obviously he's no Nathan Tardiff, ie, totally committed to ink production

People want consistency both in the quality and their presence

I see his inks in the B&M and go past them

Parker had an excellent line with the Penman line which people still wax nostalgic over

For everyone that drops out there are five more to take their place

Just not interested anymore :(

I think he lost a lot of good will with this self-imposed hiatus (for whatever reason)

He was concentrating on his graduate studies.

Edited by EclecticCollector

I still have a bit of the Manganese sample and I liked it a lot. Very close to theee perfect non-IG BB. My Whitman was an olive-gray-green and I enjoyed that, too. But three other samples went wrong, and developed SITB.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.