snehsab

First of all, I've gained Rishi's (T2MR guy) permission to post this video here. As he is very busy with his work, I am sharing this link here.

Glare India, after successfully launching Glare Pens, have come up with the Glare Inks. They come in not just a handful, but 15 different ink colors. You can view all of them in the following video:

Now, these inks seem to be of fairly high quality as the flow and ink saturation both look very good. They come in plastic bottles (something i don't prefer, and can see the reasons why plastic bottles is the future) and carry 60 mls of ink. Also, the quality (of the bottle) looks better than that of Krishna Inks.

I will order the New Ochre bottle from their ebay store (for Rs.250 i.e. $4) and hope it would not disappoint me. I've talked personally to Rishi, and he seems to be fairly impressed by the inks.

And finally - This video is a proof of the hardwork that this guy puts in his every video. His mobile review videos are bringing him a lot of notice (and subscribers). And i hope he doesn't stop reviewing fountain pens. We need people like him to review fountain pens related stuff.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcwaites

• IrishEyes

• Bill P

• mehandiratta

I have also ordered a few colours for myself. Plus, i am also getting Krishna Inks. It would be interesting to see which one's better

I have a bottle of the Glare Royal Blue on order.

It's not here yet.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks for the review ... Very interesting. Will be trying a few for sure. Possibly grab a few of their pens too.

Great review. Planning to get red, turquoise, yellow ochre, emerald green

There's no such thing as perfect writing, just like there's no such thing as perfect despair : Haruki Murakami

Received a couple of bottles today...and the T7 demonstrator

One bottle/box had no plastic wrap on it, and it leaked all over the place...a real mess - Crimson!

The other bottle/box did not leak and it was sealed with the plastic wrap..

The weird thing was the package had a return address of Jamaica NY...so I don't if the product is sent over in bulk and then re-packaged and sent to US customers..? or exactly why it had a return address of Jamaica NY..strange

Will try the FP and ink in the next few days.

For info - Took one week from order to receipt...ordered on sat - delivered following sat to NH...pretty good..

Bill

N

Where are they made in India

None of the bottles or boxes say anything other than Made in India..?

And forgot to mention that my Glare Fountain Pen was in a Glare box...which was in a Jinhao box...?

First of all, thank you very much Sneh for posting the link of the video here. I was pre-occupied with the other reviews and my work, so i really appreciate it :) However, you should have posted it in the Inks section, not the pens one :P

@mehandiratta - First things first, I am a big fan :) And, I haven't gone too much in detail about where they are made in India. But, they do have an office in Faridabad, Haryana. So, i am guessing, its close to that place :)

@Bill - I am so sorry to hear that. I have myself received a few cracked bottles of the Pilot Inks, and trust me, it feels pathetic. Hard luck mate!

@dhivan and @mcgeechan - I am glad you find them good. I have been trying them myself, for the last couple of days, and i must say... the quality is really good.. The range of colors could have been better though. But i am sure, with time, they will come up with more ink colors.

@ak2k5 - Thank you :) I am glad you liked the review :) And like i said in the video, i will be reviewing all the ink colors very soon. Its just that i have been very busy with the other reviews.. and my work too :)

@dcwaites - Oh, have you tried contacting the seller? I am sure he will help.

My bottle of Glare Royal Blue arrived yesterday. Due to a small hole in the side of the cap, there was a little bit of leakage inside the box, but none outside.

Initial impressions are that it is a dryish ink, that is well behaved on goodish papers but bleeds through on poor quality paper. The colour is a blue with a touch of purple (hence the Royal), but not that saturated.

I put it into a pen that had leaked a cartridge full of ink into the cap, so was quite gummed up. After cleaning the pen out under the tap, I filled it with the Glare ink. Over a day or so, it wrote more and more wetly, so whatever is inside it did seem to be cleaning out the feed.

It is a respectable, but boring ink. For similar money I can get much more interesting inks from Blackstone or Robert Oster.

The eBay listing said it is made in Bharat ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GLARE-Fountain-Pen-Bottled-Ink-Royal-Blue-1x60ml-/162071484649?hash=item25bc3698e9:g:u~oAAOSwdV1XOE38 )

Edited by dcwaites

Granny Aching

Thank you for yje discovery.

I find that we don't very much see what the colors give, in the video, sorry for that.

Would it be possible for those who have been receiving these inks to show some more, please?

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

fpn_1467282079__glare__friends.jpeg

Sorry, that 'somebody' was fountainpagan.

Granny Aching

Every time we've wanted/tried to order inks from India via your country's various ink websites, your system (banks??) doesn't want to accept cards from the U.S.A. for some reason. Doesn't matter which card, which bank, etc. Is this one any different? Would a Norte' Americano be able to purchase these inks using cards based on banks in the U.S., or is this one just going to be another disappointment if we try? Nowadays, I'm leery and disinclined to even look at the inks, because when I fall in love with one (or many), and then am unable to purchase it from here, I get really frustrated.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

You don't want to use Paypal? I keep a zero balance in my Paypal account, and have a small stand-alone savings account which is used to feed the Paypal acct. Even if somebody could break through Paypal security to get at the little account, at the most they might get $100. It also makes it really difficult to go overboard with a spur of the moment purchase.

Granny Aching