Parker Jotter 2016 'refresh'

Here's a couple of images of the 'Jotter' with some close ups of the new features.

The barrel is all metal, and the 'feather' detail on the clip is the new design.

The refill is QuinkFlow, but with a modification to the top edge of the blue rotator part.

This Jotter is in 'Kensington red' which is part of the new range of colours, shown on the Parker website.

This one has the cap stamped with 'France IIIY' and total weight is 15gms.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike 59

• Flounder

• The Blue Knight

• sciumbasci

I heard of these!

The metal threads are full metal, making this the "executive jotters"

LOL

3 months ago, I found this on LinkedIn, and I was excited and hoping to get 1.

Here's a couple of images of the 'Jotter' with some close ups of the new features.

The barrel is all metal, and the 'feather' detail on the clip is the new design.

The refill is QuinkFlow, but with a modification to the top edge of the blue rotator part.

This Jotter is in 'Kensington red' which is part of the new range of colours, shown on the Parker website.

This one has the cap stamped with 'France IIIY' and total weight is 15gms.

Thx for these.

Would you have some old next to new pics? Especially the refill?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi, Here is a comparison of QuinkFlow refills, one made in 2013 (left, orange barrel) and then the new style of 2016 (red barrel.)

Both are marked 'France'.

Edited by Mike 59

Thanks for the photos. There was a thread on this a couple of months ago with some additional photos. I'm sorry if I missed this, but are the new Jotters currently available or is there still a late 2016 target release date?

Chad

Please see my current classifieds!

Looking for a Cross Century 2000 RB and/or FP in Chrome: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/43765-wtb-cross-century-2000-rollerball-andor-fp-in-chrome/

I don't have any other information about the Jotter range, but looking at the Parker website, there are the five pens in the range that mine came from, with the stainless cap, then there is a premium range where the cap is colour coded to the barrel, maybe at a higher price too, but I have not seen any to know as yet.

I don't see any of the plastic barrel versions on the website, it's possible they are no longer made, I don't know.

I saw this new range in a Parker dealer's shop in the last week of May 2016, so I suppose this is the standard Jotter line from here on.

Looking at the very close up photos doesn't give a good impression of the new design clip, but in reality, side by side with the previous design, I think it is an improvement.

I have tried swapping over refills and caps between old and new designs, all parts are compatible with each other.

(If the 'Kensington red' Jotter had a gold clip, that would be my idea of a good ballpoint.)

Edited by Mike 59

I don't have any other information about the Jotter range, but looking at the Parker website, there are the five pens in the range that mine came from, with the stainless cap, then there is a premium range where the cap is colour coded to the barrel, maybe at a higher price too, but I have not seen any to know as yet.

I don't see any of the plastic barrel versions on the website, it's possible they are no longer made, I don't know.

I saw this new range in a Parker dealer's shop in the last week of May 2016, so I suppose this is the standard Jotter line from here on.

I don't think the Jotter line will be discontinued rather stay around in less prominent manor as has the Parker Jotter fountain pen and Vector lines. Remember the Jotter is one of the few lines that are used as promotional pens and drastically hiking price will mean they will lose a large customer base.

I heard of these!

The metal threads are full metal, making this the "executive jotters"

LOL

3 months ago, I found this on LinkedIn, and I was excited and hoping to get 1.

Are the cap threads metal or plastic? I'd be interested in any news of the striped models in the new range.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Hi, The cap threads are the same plastic moulding as before, seems like a tough material though.

The barrel is all metal, so no separate chrome tip at the 'pointy' end, also I think the barrel now has a better grip than the S.S. flighter has.

At this time I have seen all of the Jotter range with the chrome/satin caps in WH Smith (UK stationer), but not yet any of the colour coded/plated versions.

Otherwise Tesco have the dark blue version and the all S.S. version.

As is the way of things, the price has increased, I suppose this range is thought to be a deluxe version of the S.S. 'Flighter' that we have seen for many years.

Edited by Mike 59

Can you comment on how durable the kensington red is ? The site lists it as colored chrome which sounds durable. If it anodized metal I doubt it will survive nicking and scratching unless they have very good anodizing...

Hi, I've only owned it for a week, but it does seem a tough surface, no marks at all.

I don't know how they have made this, but you might be able to tell from a close up photo, hope it helps.

Thanks...no idea even close up.

I can say I purchased a Levenger Tech 2 pen and returned it the same day I received it...while they looked nice in the catalog it was essentially painted brass. Even the tip and cap were not stainless or chrome but painted metal.. I didnt think it would last a day without getting chipped or scratched.

My 9$ stainless steel Jotter remains one of the most durable pens I own.

Between the recent (pre-clip change) stainless and recent (pre-clip change) plastic refresh Jotters, I strongly prefer the plastic ones for grip. I don't know what changed since the 90s SS one I lost, but I cannot keep a grip on the newew one. If I ever get a lathe, the first thing I'l do is grind some grip rings into the barrel like the early 45 ballpoints.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I like jotters, in theory. In practice they're too small for my large hands to write with for more that a few minutes at a time (they sure look good in the pocket, though... ;) ). The one steel jotter I still keep in the cup on my desk (which holds mostly pencils), is a P45 cap-clicker. It has the barely-visible rings machined into the bottom half of the barell, which makes all the difference in grip (for me at least). The good news, Flounder, is that these turn up pretty often on ebay, sometimes quite cheaply. I have a friend who is a long-time jotter fan and was unaware of the cap-clickers. I found him a nice clean one for around $9 shipped.

If I ever get a lathe, the first thing I'll do is grind some grip rings into the barrel like the early 45 ballpoints.

Edited by DustyR

I like jotters, in theory. In practice they're too small for my large hands to write with for more that a few minutes at a time (they sure look good in the pocket, though... ;) ). The one steel jotter I still keep in the cup on my desk (which holds mostly pencils), is a P45 cap-clicker. It has the barely-visible rings machined into the bottom half of the barell, which makes all the difference in grip (for me at least). The good news, Flounder, is that these turn up pretty often on ebay, sometimes quite cheaply. I have a friend who is a long-time jotter fan and was unaware of the cap-clickers. I found him a nice clean one for around $9 shipped.

Alas Dusty, the bad news for an insufferable, incorrigible fussy-boots like myself is that I prefer the Jotter's button over the 45's cap-clicker :gaah:

My hand seems to grip the plastic Jotters more easily, and I like the bright cheery colours too. A bit small I agree, but mostly used for jotting at this end.

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/flounder2009/Pilot%20Elite%20Isaac%20Newton/Pilot%20Elite%20Parker%20Jotter%20closed%20comparison.jpg

Do you think the change to the end of the Quinkflow refill is a type of DRM?

Mike do you have any non-Parker ballpoint refills, and if so, do they still fit the new Jotter?

John

Have tried in the 'new' Jotter, original type QuinkFlow, Fisher Space pen refill & adapter, and unknown unamed Parker style refill.

All fit and click as you would expect.

Well that's a relief, anyway! Thanks for checking - Since Nespresso attempted to alter their machines so that they would only accept their own pods, that sort of sneakiness would never surprise me.

John