• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• jar

• RMN

• Wayne1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, unfortunately I know. I have been working on the LE pens for a while. The ones I have managed so far are here, all found as new old stock:

Left to right:

1. Rendez-Vous sun (Montparnasse)

2. Pharaoah (Orpheo)

3. Afrika (Orpheo)

4. Second Empire (neo classique)

5.  Phoenix (neo classique)

6. Shooting the Moon (neo classique)

7. Vitruvian Man (D line)

The last 3 are not LEs, but 2 Orpheos and a D line. 

The next on my radar is the neo-classique "Sleeping Mermaid".  I tend to like gold!

20210101_143019.jpg

That's quite an impressive collection @Wayne1!

For me, ST Dupont is all about their magnficent Chinese lacquer and the Montparnasse series showcased Chinese lacquer like no other series of pen, ever, by any manufacturer.  And, of them, the Chairman Guilloche patterned pens were the epitome of elegance and beauty.  

Hopefully Archimark and jar can fill in some of the huge photo gaps which now exist in this thread.

Yes!  I agree completely. I have been seaching ebay for a Chairman! I have a used tortoise finish Montparnasse on its way to me. Looks in pretty good conditon. A Chairman would be great for me.

As I understand it, the guilloche pattern on the Chairman is machine cut in the brass body and the urushi fills in the pattern. I have been really impressed by some of the irregular patterned lacquer work which is clearly done within the lacquer coat itself.  You can see it in the Vitruvian Man LE in the photo. That is what attracted me to this pen. 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:21 AM, Seney724 said:

All of the original photos contributed by Archimark, jar, et al are long gone.

Too bad because this is a superb reference source for a truly wonderful, iconic line of fountain pens.

Is there any chance that the photos can be reposted or that somehow the thread can be revised to become "complete" once again??

Thanks for the good words.

I will see if I can resurrect the photos and post them again.

Gave up on PhotoBucket after they changed their business strategy a few years ago. Hence, photos disappearing.

I might be able to get jar to repost his....

Happy New Year!

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Also, a REMINDER that this is a REFERENCE thread, not a 'Let's discuss these great pens' or have other discussions thread.

Just post your Dupont Montparnasse or Chairman pen with photos and some reference info.

Start your own thread if you want to discuss the pens.

One of the main reasons for this approach is that the thread will get very long otherwise and make it harder for someone to find the reference info they are looking for.

jar started some other reference threads and the same logic applies to those.

Thank you.

Mark

18 minutes ago, ArchiMark said:

Thanks for the good words.

I will see if I can resurrect the photos and post them again.

Gave up on PhotoBucket after they changed their business strategy a few years ago. Hence, photos disappearing.

I might be able to get jar to repost his....

Happy New Year!

Mark

Terrific!  Thanks so much!!

Agree 100%, let's keep it "pinned" and restricted to posts which enhance it as a reference thread.

1 hour ago, Seney724 said:

Terrific!  Thanks so much!!

Agree 100%, let's keep it "pinned" and restricted to posts which enhance it as a reference thread.

You're most welcome!

Just reloaded photos, check 'em out....

:)

And sent message to jar to do the same, if possible......

And thanks for understanding approach for this thread!

Let's keep it pinned and clean....

Everyone is welcome and encourage to add other separate Dupont threads to the Europe forum to highlight great Dupont pens.

2 minutes ago, ArchiMark said:

You're most welcome!

Just reloaded photos, check 'em out....

And sent message to jar to do the same, if possible......

And thanks for understanding approach for this thread!

Let's keep it pinned and clean....

Everyone is welcome and encourage to add other separate Dupont threads to the Europe forum to highlight great Dupont pens.

AWESOME!

Thanks!!

20 minutes ago, Seney724 said:

AWESOME!

Thanks!!

You're welcome!

And please note that I reloaded pics in the other Dupont reference thread for Olympio model pens.

• 3 months later...

Here are two pictures of my (small) Montparnasse with gold-plated fluted finish and an F nib, purchased used right here on FPN.E473D233-6F2B-4DF8-9D86-8E5DCFFE8C81.thumb.jpeg.84b1298ba3836f45cf6204d6f0af93fa.jpeg66125341-1A92-4817-A10D-C8D4F26B65A5.thumb.jpeg.2d269a07a544acd1a2f8728b7ff53c08.jpeg

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all,

These photos show my 2 Montparnasse pens in different sizes.  The comparison may be helpful to people who are interested in one or another in upcoming purchases.  Sorry, no rulers or calipers were used here, but I can provide this info if requested.  Both pens were purchased used from online auctions.

The smaller, sterling silver pen, for my hand, is a better fit. 

The larger pen is blue but is not a vibrant color.  It is slightly blue-er than my Omas 360 in blue-black.

Regards,

Craig

20221021_132556.jpg

20221021_132724.jpg

20221021_132930.jpg