Twsbi Vac 700 Reviewi

dauodwa

Whichever ink you use, I'm certain you will love it! I'd love to hear what you think of the F nib.

Hopefully, later today. On first inspection, it looks a little wider that the F nibs on my 580s, which actually would be an unexpected bonus! But as I said, I don't know what to put in it!!!!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dauodwa

• The Good Captain

• Water Ouzel

• sannidh

Hopefully, later today. On first inspection, it looks a little wider that the F nibs on my 580s, which actually would be an unexpected bonus! But as I said, I don't know what to put in it!!!!

Perhaps you could make a poll on FPN, "Which ink should be the first in my Twsbi Vac 700??" xD

http://www.argonpath.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Samurai-Ronin-l-300x150.jpg

"Not to borrow the strength of another, nor to rely on one's own strength; to cut off past and future thoughts, and not to live within the everyday mind ... Then the Great Way is right before one's eyes."

I was right - the F width of this pen is wider than the F nib widths of the 580s I have. Result!

And I've decided to use my favourite ink - Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black - in it. Outstanding!

Smooth and skip-free. A nice combination.

The Good Captain

Nice review. I ave two Vac 700 with broad nibs. Love them and have used them for about 2 years without any problems.

The other creatures with which we share the earth are not inferior underlings. They are other nations - sharing with us the basic problems of survival. Roger Tory Peterson

Just a quick update - I've changed to Noodler's Bad Blue Heron and it's even better! Looks good in the clear demo, and if it stains - I don't care! Great pen.

The Good Captain

Thanks! Hopefully it would have the updated collar. By the way, mine came with the Jowo nib. Can't remember where I found out, might have been sbrebrown or Brian Goulet, but the Jowo nibs have the nib size designation under the 'TWSBI' name in the middle of the nib just above where it goes into the section, whereas the old nibs had the nib designation on the left side of the nib rather than in the middle.

Oh I got the black one instead, thankfully works perfectly now.

I asked TWSBI about the metallic one, and it seems it's a coating on the black plastic. No idea if it's only aesthetic or has some functional utility.

Their reply:

"We changed the more recent ones, it is just a different coating instead of the black. So depending on when the last time the retailer there ordered from us, it would be different.

If the black rubs off overtime, you will see its the same underneath."

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews