Delays In Replies To Questions Asked In Pm And Email

wimg

Dearest people,

The HQ of FPN in the Netherlands has been flooded, which required the "computer centre" to be evacuated and cleaned out :).

Due to the amount of work required, this means that replies to emails and PMs sent to Admin will be delayed, or extremely short, due to limited internet access.

Sorry for this, but it is as it is, there is not much we can do about it but bear it until things are fixed again.

Warm regards, Wim

FPN Admin

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• jar

• AD64

• Morphling27

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, I hope everyone is safe first and foremost. I hope you all get things back to normal soon.

There certainly will be damage. My donations are small, but I am going to make an extra one ASAP. :excl:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Without pictures it didn't happen. Actually in these Photoshop times even with pictures it may not have happened.

My Website

Without pictures it didn't happen. Actually in these Photoshop times even with pictures it may not have happened.

This was not in Wim's street, but you will get the gist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gDqlTv3svc

All of Europe has to deal with have rains, some of the banks of the Seine in Paris were not accessible to pedestrians.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Bummer. Floods all over. We have been under a flash flood watch for a couple weeks now but fortunately where I live is relatively high ground. Of course all of the Rio Grande Valley is just an old flood plain. Houston has been having some pretty severe flooding for the last few months and someone just sent me a picture of Interstate 95 between Hilton Head and Savannah and it was all under water.

My prayers are with all who are experiencing flooding now.

My Website

The destruction is heartbreaking. I hope you are ok, that your family is safe and well.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I am sending prayers and good wishes to you and everyone affected.

Regards,

AD

Thank you all, your wishes and kind words are much appreciated.

Not much of true value, as in, irreplaceable stuff, was damaged, but the work is likely going to take a couple of months. The computers here are all working, but the environment is far from conducive to doing work, and a lot still has to be moved and/or fixed.

The biggest problem currently is finding where everything is, having had to move everything out of the basement and stack up in the living room wherever there was some space available :).

Some of our neighbours are much harder hit, however. Some have water both in their bedrooms (upper story) as in their basements. It was quite the torrent coming down, and sewage drains could absolutely not keep up with the water. Fortunately we are not too close to the river itself over here, so it was just the street that turned into a shallow river (40 - 50 cm deep), enough to flood most garages, cellars and basements around. With very few exceptions the water reached right to the walls of houses everywhere.

I feel really sorry for the people in some other places in the South over here, and of course those in France and Germany, where flooding was much, much worse.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

So sorry to hear of your troubles. <hug> May your home/area dry out quickly and order be restored. I hate not knowing where things are after a move. So stressful. Prayers and good wishes coming your way. (and an extra donation as well) Thank you for all your hard work.

Oh this is terrible! Glad you are ok, but what an ordeal to go through.

Water knows no limits. Fortunately modern remediation methods can often restore what once would have been total loss and avoiding health issues from mold.

Sending warm wishes to you and yours.

Where I live (South Carolina) had some epic flooding last year (11-27" of rain in two days). Some areas that were near vulnerable rivers and dams are still recovering but most of the city was back to normal after a couple weeks. Some dams and roads will probably never be repaired due to costs.

Flooding can be very similar to fires, anything they touch is destroyed.

Yikes... so very sorry to hear about all this! Paris got all the international attention with the Seine. I had no idea that the Netherlands was being pummeled so badly. Hope things subside very soon and that any damage is minimal for you, Wim.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Thank you all.

Damage is relatively speaking minimal, just that it requires a lot of work to get things back to normal again.

We currently have 5 dehydration units blowing full power, and we were told it will take at least two weeks before they can consider doing any work regarding replacements and painting etc.

We'll just have to wait and see :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman