Delta Dolcevita Federico Media Fountain Pen

aliveli

Hi everybody from Istanbul,

I have been following this wonderful forum for months and waited to write a message up to day because I need your help.

I won a bid at ebay and bought a Delta Dolcevita Federico Media Oro Fountain Pen with Fusion Nib from Martemodena_Europe. I think most of you are familiar with martemodena.

My pen is not "Stantuffo" but "Media". I asked Giulio from Martemodena the difference between two models and thanks to him he replied very fast with below answer:

"Regarding the Stantuffo has the real piston filler and the ink ispection window, and regarding Media it is ink converter which can be used as piston filler as well"

As far as I know Stantuffo models are also ink converter which can be used as piston, am I wrong?

So my question is that, is there any friend here who has Dolcevita Federico Media model pen and can you send me some pictures, especially about the filling mechanism?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aliveli

• FriendAmos

• Leeuwenhoek

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi welcome to the forum. I too won two pens from martemodena on eBay. Both were listed as dolce vita Federico media although the two pens have completely different sections and one is shorter. Both have the captured converter system which is quite good in my opinion. It makes easier to hold as you fill the pen from the bottle. You can easily check the ink level by unscrewing the barrel. I would still say a piston filler that can be easily cleaned with an ink window is better but they will be more expensive. They are nice pens, particularly the fusion nibs.

I believe what they say about differences between the media and stantuffo to be correct as you can see in their pictures. There is a separate thread on here about people's experiences with Martemodena. It's mostly positive although in my experience shipping can be slow if the nib you request is not in stock. Communication is good. I can upload pictures later of the media converter.

Edited by Leeuwenhoek

"Regarding the Stantuffo has the real piston filler and the ink ispection window, and regarding Media it is ink converter which can be used as piston filler as well"

As far as I know Stantuffo models are also ink converter which can be used as piston, am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. You have been given the correct explanation.

thank you Leeuwenhoek for informative message.

I am waiting pictures as Romeo is waiting Juliette:))

About shipment, yes you are right, some people say they r fast and some people say it can be slow. Giulio said me for example, Oro will come from Delta factory to him next week and if I dont want to wait that much, he can offer me some other colors, but I want Oro and decided to wait 1 week (more than 1 week actually) . So it is a little bit chance I guess

hi to all

nobody that can upload pictures of the dolcevita federico media?

thanks for replies

hi to all

nobody that can upload pictures of the dolcevita federico media?

thanks for replies

You can find plenty at the MarteModena website.

Sorry for the delay, didn't see the replies. The photos were only taken on my phone's camera.

The pen uncapped:

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/IMAG1483_zps4dfmagli.jpg

'Blind cap' removed:

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/IMAG1484_zpsz6cmzegx.jpg

Barrel removed:

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/IMAG1487_zps9szxq20h.jpg

The converter is threaded in and extends quite far into the section giving it above average ink capacity. I don't think the converter is really designed to be removed regularly but it is possible.