What's Your Favorite Eraser?

carbonheliumnitrogen

Personally, I'm partial to Tombow's Mono (E-50) specifically. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's widely available in the US; I stock up on my trips to Taiwan.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquaria

• bayindirh

• The Blue Knight

• inkstainedruth

I've tried a few nothing widely available compares to Staedtler ones. I wouldn't mind trying one of those Tombow mono stick type erasers.

Yes, I really like the Mono (round point) too. Widely available from various sources. You can order the erasers and refills from CultPens in the UK and JetPens if in the US.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I have a Faber Castell dust free art eraser in my pencil case. It's pretty good too. On my desk at home another eraser, same make, but knead-able.

The Laufer Plast 0140.

http://www.rentreedesclasses.ch/upload/products_data/images/big/0140.jpg

Erasing with it has been a pleasure. Edited by sciumbasci

I currently alternate between a kneadable eraser and a Factis plastic eraser for my scribbles.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Yes, I really like the Mono (round point) too. Widely available from various sources. You can order the erasers and refills from CultPens in the UK and JetPens if in the US.

Tempted to buy one of those a few days ago however ended up with a Derwent battery operated rubber as it was similar money. Is the eraser quite stiff on the Zero?

Alternating between Staedtler Mars Plastic and Pentel Ain. I have a few small Staedtler Rasoplast which might see more action when my semester starts :mellow:

• 11 months later...

Old thread, I know, but this is a huge topic for me, because I'm a math major who spends a lot of time with pencils and erasers.

My favorite "standard" erasers are the foam erasers by Sakura and Pilot. Nothing wipes out more types of lead better and cleaner than those two. I use a lot of different pencil grades from 4H up to 9B, and .3 lead up to 5mm. The Sakura and Pilot foams erase everything, no mercy. When lead sees either of them, it knows what's coming: Total annihilation.

A solid third place eraser goes to Uni's "kid" eraser, the Nano Dia. It's shorter, but wider, and seems to fit well in the hand.

I also love the Uni Boxy because it's another eraser that simply feels great in the hand. Because it's small and square in shape, it's incredibly maneuverable, almost like using a fat Crayola. The only downside is that it does not play well with other items in a pencil case. It can stain some things that it comes into contact with. So if you can give it its own space to breathe, it will become a favorite eraser.

For click erasers, the Tombow Mono is good for getting into tight spaces. I also like the triangular AIN click eraser. It doesn't erase as many types of leads as the standard erasers, but I like the combination of a wider eraser with clean edges to get into small spaces. It oddly erases far better than its American cousin, the Pentel Clic eraser.

Edited by Aquaria

• 4 weeks later...

Pentel Hi-Polymer eraser is unbetable. Faber Castell's blue and Steadler's black "Exam Grade" erasers are close runners, but they do not have the longevity and reliability of Pentel.

well I buy once a year 12-20 pack of no brand erasers. And most of them better than Pelikan ones...

It's all Greek to me...

I like the Staedtler white plastic ones. I used to like kneaded erasers better, and if I was doing pencil drawings with a lot of shading I'd still be preferring them. But a lot of what I do anymore is line drawings which then get inked with a black Uniball marker and then the pencil lines have to be erased then the ink work is done.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My favorite eraser overall is the Pentel Clic.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Good to know about the Pilot Foam erasers -- thanks, Aquaria.

I have a triangle shaped eraser by General's, called the "Tri Tip". Nicely made. The size and triangle shape fit well in your fingers.

Recently, I bought a small pack of Staedtler Raso Plast erasers, made in Germany. Very dense. They work well. But I find the General's Tri Tip requires a little less pressure.

Both of these erasers leave behind eraser droppings that you must brush away. I would like to find an eraser that doesn't shed, but it still very effective. And all it would require is wiping off in a cloth or something to clean.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

I've always used a Pink Pearl, but am going to try a Black one next. I've read good things about them.

I've always used a Pink Pearl, but am going to try a Black one next. I've read good things about them.

I bought one of those Black ones but haven't tried it. I thought it would be good with pastels on black paper.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."