Which Pen Do You Wish Came In Demonstrator?

phillieskjk

Which pens do you wish came in demonstrator versions, but don't already? Personally, I'd love to see a demonstrator Jinhao X450 or a demonstrator Vanishing Point.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• benbot517

• phillieskjk

• FOUR X FOUR

Top Posters In This Topic

A VP would be a really cool demonstrator. Along that same line a lamy dialogue 3 would be pretty cool as well.

"Oh deer."

By demonstrator do you mean 'clear pen'?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Ditto on the VP. I'd jump all over a 149 if it came in a Demo. Even an LD3 would be cool.

By demonstrator do you mean 'clear pen'?

Demonstrator pens are clear barreled pens that "demonstrate" the mechanics inside, so yes!

I'd love a Visconti Homo Sapiens with a true demonstrator (they tend to add a lot of design to their demonstrators).

Lamy 2000.

Fingers crossed for the 50th anniversary but I suspect my digits will become tired while I'm waiting.

Cheers,

David.

Demonstrator pens are clear barreled pens that "demonstrate" the mechanics inside, so yes!

I'd love a Visconti Homo Sapiens with a true demonstrator (they tend to add a lot of design to their demonstrators).

+1 for Visconti Homosapiens.

Actually there are some demonstrator pens, such as the Pilot Custom Heritage 92, which I would like to see in opaque versions, with perhaps just an ink window near the nib. :)

But to answer your actual question, I would like to see a lever filler or other sac filler in a transparent version with a transparent sac. There was a prototype demonstrator Esterbrook J, and the sac could be replaced with a translucent one if I found one, but the plastic of the barrel and cap would probably have not survived very well all these years. Among modern pens, there was a transparent version of the reproduction Conklin Crescent which I considered briefly, but I decided that I didn't really want it at the price.

Mind you, if someone actually did come out with a modern demonstrator lever filler, it got good reviews, and didn't cost too much, I might still not buy it. And if I did, the novelty of seeing exactly how the ink goes into the sac would soon wear off. But it still would be interesting to see.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

I'm pretty sure Delta has made Demonstrator with clear sac for Lever and Button filler Dolce Vitas.

ISW

One of the problems with a clear lever filler is the sac itself.

David Nishimura did a write up on sacs, and silicone sacs seems to be the one that will not stain as bad as PVC which does stain, badly. But the pressure-bar or J-bar will have to be smooth, so as not to tear the silicone sac.

http://www.vintagepens.com/FAQrepair/pen_sacs.shtml

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com